Would You Support an AMFA Card Drive?

Would you support with all your effort an AMFA Organizing Campaign at AA?

• YES

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • NO

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters
By the time 40% of the work force is moved to OSM what reason is there not to try another form of representation?

Credibility brother, do you and Informer know what that means? On the other thread the both of you rant that the folks in high cost areas should find our own solutions even if it requires to uproot. I will never sacrifice my family to follow the job! Should'nt have to be that way. Now that you see a threat from the low wage OSM, you call for a 'White Knight' to come in and protect you. What hypocrates!

Where can an outsider of your airline, send a donation to your AMFA card drive cause for the AA mechanics. We would love to bring the AA'ers into AMFA. I will say one thing though, do not let AMFA National combine our locals with your locals, I think we need to keep them seperate for airline specific related voting issues. What is the 2% of Med you are asking for? Trans that to dollars for me, and I will donate that amount when you get up and running. There may not be many out there that will do this but it wouldn't hurt to send some E-mailers and flyers out to SWA and AS to see if anyone would help out. Trust me I do know it gets expensive.. Let me know when and where brother!

swamt,

Thank You for your willingness to support. If and when this organizing campaign is formed and a card drive begins, you will have the opportunity to contribute and assist. Until then, we appreciate your ideas and opinions.

I have always liked the AMFA idea of all AMT's in one union, and I still believe that this is the only viable idea for the profession.

Credibility brother, do you and Informer know what that means? On the other thread the both of you rant that the folks in high cost areas should find our own solutions even if it requires to uproot. I will never sacrifice my family to follow the job! Should'nt have to be that way. Now that you see a threat from the low wage OSM, you call for a 'White Knight' to come in and protect you. What hypocrates!
Credibility is also not cutting a union brothers throat for the same reason you will not uproot your family.By the way I am not threatened by low wages, unless they take from me to give to you. It is the OSM that the TWU came up with and now like the B-Scale will be ever perpetual. If I am looking for a "White Knight", what color is yours, green(d)? It shouldn't have to be that way? What are you going to do about it?

Does this mean you are opposed to an AMFA Card Drive? Or do you just struggle with the concept of remaining on topic?

Credibility is also not cutting a union brothers throat for the same reason you will not uproot your family.By the way I am not threatened by low wages, unless they take from me to give to you. It is the OSM that the TWU came up with and now like the B-Scale will be ever perpetual. If I am looking for a "White Knight", what color is yours, green(d)? It shouldn't have to be that way? What are you going to do about it?

Buck, it's unfortunate that we have to throw these stingers at each other. On topic, it shows the TWU's success in not teaching us as members to be sensitive and fair to all. Union=Unity?! But I gotta say that the opinion that we want to take away something from you all is just a different approach to fanning the flames of the Ovrhaul vs Line debate. The sooner we can find a positive solution to it and put it behind us, the better off we'll be.

Does this mean you are opposed to an AMFA Card Drive? Or do you just struggle with the concept of remaining on topic?

Actually I want to thank you for getting this topic back on our radar. As a previous participant in the last AMFA drive and current card drive, I have invested in the goal of "Mechanics representing Mechanics" and hope to see it here at AA before my time runs out. We obviously will have to wait for the present dust to settle, but will be involved also. But we all need to make an attempt to keep the politics out of our discussions, make an effort to learn the definition of Unionism, and absolutely utilize the resources of some very sharp people in our ranks including Bob and others.

After reading your post concerning geo pay in ny and high cost living areas no I would not support your quest for an amfa drive. What would be your stance be hi skill pay for cc welders? I know take the deal or quit? Bend over we couldn't do any better? Lets keep what we have and sell the next generation? Would bucky be your vp? His soloution would be to sow discontent between the line and overhaul. Or ask stupid questions. No I'm done with voluntary concessions, don't think you handle the pressure.

After reading your post concerning geo pay in ny and high cost living areas no I would not support your quest for an amfa drive. What would be your stance be hi skill pay for cc welders? I know take the deal or quit? Bend over we couldn't do any better? Lets keep what we have and sell the next generation? Would bucky be your vp? His soloution would be to sow discontent between the line and overhaul. Or ask stupid questions. No I'm done with voluntary concessions, don't think you handle the pressure.

If you are willing to step up and show us how it is done, then take the controls, organize a committee, setup the structure, and show us how it is done.

Between the folks on here that want to "wait until the dust settles" to get started and fools like you that want to make it personal, I am quickly losing my desire to put forth the effort required to help any of you get better representation.

Maybe you cant handle it. Maybe you dont deserve it. But I sure do not sense any urgent desire that would be required to succeed.

I love the one's that #### and complain, but will never step up and make something happen!

How about it then? You can show us how it is done, so when and where do I send my support to help YOU?

You have no idea what is takes.
You have no idea why it should start now, not later.
You have no idea how to do anything accept worry about yourself and attack others.

YOU LEAD IT THEN, I WILL FOLLOW!

Stupid questions are just those you do not want to hear.

As for sowing discontent, I didn't start this fight, but I am not going get ran over by a bunch "I want mine" at the expense if others. I was, and still am in favor of a line premium and Geo pay. But these guys who believe that creating more OSM and take it from others
to get there.

Informer and I have been trying to replace the TWU for twenty plus years. I can only hope that you have been trying to get what you want today for as long or are you riding on someone's coat tails.

What is your solution?

If you are willing to step up and show us how it is done, then take the controls, organize a committee, setup the structure, and show us how it is done.

Between the folks on here that want to "wait until the dust settles" to get started and fools like you that want to make it personal, I am quickly losing my desire to put forth the effort required to help any of you get better representation.

Maybe you cant handle it. Maybe you dont deserve it. But I sure do not sense any urgent desire that would be required to succeed.

I love the one's that #### and complain, but will never step up and make something happen!

How about it then? You can show us how it is done, so when and where do I send my support to help YOU?

You have no idea what is takes.
You have no idea why it should start now, not later.
You have no idea how to do anything accept worry about yourself and attack others.

YOU LEAD IT THEN, I WILL FOLLOW!
in order to succeed, there has to be a culture change within the membership to hold mechanics accountable; enforce union principals; enhance the profession by protecting and enhancing wages and benefits for the AMT. Our membership has NOT held up to those principals, therefore it will not work. Doesn't matter what union title is used.

I guess another stupid question.

How does the line feel about those that do not have an A&P?

I guess another stupid question.

How does the line feel about those that do not have an A&P?

I was actually serious about the possibility of another AMFA Drive.

Given the flammable hatred spewed and encouraged by trolling from both sides, I no longer have any interest in helping any of you!

Good Luck!

I was actually serious about the possibility of another AMFA Drive.

Given the flammable hatred spewed and encouraged by trolling from both sides, I no longer have any interest in helping any of you!

Good Luck!

So it took 7 comments from my post thanking you for starting this thread for you to quit. And you wonder why I mention credibility? Do yourself a favor, man up and come work ORD for awhile. We'll thicken up your skin.

So it took 7 comments from my post thanking you for starting this thread for you to quit. And you wonder why I mention credibility? Do yourself a favor, man up and come work ORD for awhile. We'll thicken up your skin.
And do yourself a favor and come to Tulsa.

Back