Would You Support an AMFA Card Drive?

Would you support with all your effort an AMFA Organizing Campaign at AA?

• YES

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • NO

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
My gut and my heart tell me the time has come to attempt to reform the AMFA organizing committee in Tulsa and prepare for another card drive to gain a representational election at American Airlines for the Mechanic and Related workers.

Without funds to start and succeed, I will not waste my time and effort.

Would you be willing to donate 2% of your prefunding medical refund to an AMFA Organizing Effort in Tulsa Oklahoma?

If I decide to lead this effort I pledge much more than 2% of my refund to the effort. And I will pledge whatever time it takes to get the election and win.

You can post here your thoughts.
Private Message me your thoughts.
Or call me on my cell phone to discuss.

I will make my final decision within the next three weeks regarding my involvement.

You can be assured that I will not begin unless I intend to give 100% and this time succeed!

You want a new Union?
You want to better your representation?
You are tired of the decimation of your job and profession?

You have to take a stand.
You have to be involved.
You have to assist financially.

All of us together reduces the burden an effort such as this can place on a few.
This task requires skill, commitment, and unrelenting desire for change.

Make your commitment now or stop your complaining about what is happening!
I want to hear from each of you!

Reactions: 1 person
Are you Kidding????

In Solidarity

CIO

I am dead serious Mr. "We saved 10,000 jobs and three maintenance bases" with the 2003 concessions.
And what makes it great this time is your old TWU diehard friends are the ones that have prompted me to even consider this.

Where is your SCAB Jerry Sowells friend from NWA these days

Is your step daughter going to survive these layoffs?

Will enjoy the rematch! I would place success odds at over 75% this time!

Reactions: 3 people
Are you on board with TEAM TWU? Really?????

Two of them (Thompson and Hammack) are now in managment. One "Wells" will probabaly be laid-off, and the others job will outsourced via the Title 2 cuts. So we have CIO left. And the lies and fear they used last time will be our tools this time around. My guess Mullings will remain lifetime appointed organizer even though he will no longer have a job at AA. Just more fuel for our fire! I am already feeling it and this has not even started yet!

Reactions: 2 people
My gut and my heart tell me the time has come to attempt to reform the AMFA organizing committee in Tulsa and prepare for another card drive to gain a representational election at American Airlines for the Mechanic and Related workers.

Without funds to start and succeed, I will not waste my time and effort.

Would you be willing to donate 2% of your prefunding medical refund to an AMFA Organizing Effort in Tulsa Oklahoma?

If I decide to lead this effort I pledge much more than 2% of my refund to the effort. And I will pledge whatever time it takes to get the election and win.

You can post here your thoughts.
Private Message me your thoughts.
Or call me on my cell phone to discuss.

I will make my final decision within the next three weeks regarding my involvement.

You can be assured that I will not begin unless I intend to give 100% and this time succeed!

You want a new Union?
You want to better your representation?
You are tired of the decimation of your job and profession?

You have to take a stand.
You have to be involved.
You have to assist financially.

All of us together reduces the burden an effort such as this can place on a few.
This task requires skill, commitment, and unrelenting desire for change.

Make your commitment now or stop your complaining about what is happening!
I want to hear from each of you!
I will be laid off so no I wont give money but I dang sure will sign a card and vote for AMFA. and I aint never coming back, 15 yrs of there angst toward there employees I will be moving on to another field of work

TWU to save. Jobs.

While this sounds good on the surface, there is going to be a cost. It is my understanding that the layoffs will be absorbed through Stand and Stead and Retirements.

Title II AMT and III at TULSA jobs are going to be retained, however the cost will be a 40% OSM's.

When an AMT retires, then an OSM will advance. However those AMT's that are "bumped" will be placed on an OSM pay scale, today's rate is $22.00/HR., top out. When they do advance, it will be to the AMT scale at the bottom or directly across, but not back to $27.20/HR.

OSM's for Title II

trust me I feel more sorry for you guys that stay I'm looking fwd to a new chapter in my life. I'm 42 so I have many years ahead of me

Reactions: 1 person
TWU to save. Jobs.

While this sounds good on the surface, there is going to be a cost. It is my understanding that the layoffs will be absorbed through Stand and Stead and Retirements.

Title II AMT and III at TULSA jobs are going to be retained, however the cost will be a 40% OSM's.

When an AMT retires, then an OSM will advance. However those AMT's that are "bumped" will be placed on an OSM pay scale, today's rate is $22.00/HR., top out. When they do advance, it will be to the AMT scale at the bottom or directly across, but not back to $27.20/HR.

OSM's for Title II
dude read again, no where does it say 40% OSM there is no cap to the amount or where they can work that is whats going to kill us in tul they wont need to outsource but most on my dock that would he in the lay off to OSM on the dock are taking the layoff

Latest posts