Xmas @ Afw

Seguro,Dec 24 2004, 01:42 AM]
Really bothers you doesn't it?

What the TWU has done to workers in this industry bothers me, yes.

That the TWU held you to your oath.

I feel that they are the ones who violated their Oath. Read Article II

How many people/members voted for you Bob? Twice?

More than your buddy Gless ever got. I think I got 70% of the vote the second time.

Did you ever charge your local for time spent at home?

Ah you have been talking to Gless!

Time worked at home preparing reports and paying bills, sure.

Gless was never there anyway and everyone had my cell number so what is the difference whether I did my work there or at home? Anyone calling the Hall wants to speak to the President, if you dont believe me call the mechanics at LGA. They used to call the hall all the time just to see if anyone was there, they said I was the only one they would usually get, while there on my lunch break, they almost never got Gless despite calling at several different times of the day. Thats one of the reasons why the guys at LGA hated Gless even before he took the International job. I did very well at LGA.

I think I already went over my routine before but you seem to like hearing it so I'll do it again.

The majority of my lost time was for doing Gless's job of chairing meetings in Boston, Hartford and SJU. He was always complaining that he was too tired.That alone probably made up more than half of my lost time, then we had our monthly E-board meetings, quarterly shop steward meetings, meetings with the accountant, etc. When working my regular shift I used to leave my house at around 4:30 am, drive to the hall, check messages on the answering machine, Faxes, pick up mail, makes copies, pick up checks or whatever else I could sqeeze in before reporting for work at 6am. I would normally do this every day I worked except Sunday and Monday(no mail).

If I had the time I would also go over to the office at lunchtime and do whatever I could. Normally I would just end up discussing issues with whoever called or whoever left a message on the machine. Then after work I would bring home whatever I picked up in the morning and do my work there. Usually 2 to three hours a day. Normally I did not charge for this time. I would do it at home in order to aviod staying at the office then getting stuck in traffic.I would however take time off from work to prepare monthly financial reports make up and update check-off lists etc and yes I would usually do this at home.

You know what I mean here Bob...draw the 28K/yr for your work as officer and then charge your local for "time" spent working at home. Was that legal Bob?

Sure its legal, why not?

Seems you took FULL advantage of your local, do they realize?

Sure they knew, why dont you ask Hopeful? He is a rank and File 562 member.

Cheetah, The International removed Chuck Schalk and myself, not the members.

Great recap job Bobby...you're a great guy..wish there were more just like ya...HAHAHA!!!...And tell cheetah why the International ousted your non union butt out of office. Let's hear the speach about how you were only repping the floor as they wanted it...sing it again Sam...HAHAHA!!!

How many members does 70% represent Bobby? 7 or 8?

Bob Owens said:
Seguro,Dec 24 2004, 01:42 AM]
Really bothers you doesn't it?

What the TWU has done to workers in this industry bothers me, yes.

That the TWU held you to your oath.

I feel that they are the ones who violated their Oath. Read Article II

How many people/members voted for you Bob? Twice?

More than your buddy Gless ever got. I think I got 70% of the vote the second time.
Did you ever charge your local for time spent at home?

Ah you have been talking to Gless!

Time worked at home preparing reports and paying bills, sure.
Your local to small to have an office? Our local members work at our local preparing reports and paying bills...you should have been doing your job on the clock, not off. You stole $$$ from your local with your phony OT...You telling me your members approved this? Or did they know that on top of your 28K/yr plus AA salary, ole Bob was making OT on the local to boot? Great guy.
Gless was never there anyway and everyone had my cell number so what is the difference whether I did my work there or at home? Anyone calling the Hall wants to speak to the President, if you dont believe me call the mechanics at LGA. They used to call the hall all the time just to see if anyone was there, they said I was the only one they would usually get, while there on my lunch break, Must have had a big fridge at the local huh? they almost never got Gless despite calling at several different times of the day. Thats one of the reasons why the guys at LGA hated Gless even before he took the International job. I did very well at LGA.

I think I already went over my routine before but you seem to like hearing it so I'll do it again.

Then why turn the conversation to Gless? You are guilty aren't you! Typical AMFA, for me attitude.

The majority of my lost time was for doing Gless's job of chairing meetings in Boston, Hartford and SJU. He was always complaining that he was too tired.That alone probably made up more than half of my lost time, then we had our monthly E-board meetings, quarterly shop steward meetings, meetings with the accountant, etc. When working my regular shift I used to leave my house at around 4:30 am, drive to the hall, check messages on the answering machine, Faxes, pick up mail, makes copies, pick up checks or whatever else I could sqeeze in before reporting for work at 6am. I would normally do this every day I worked except Sunday and Monday(no mail).

If I had the time I would also go over to the office at lunchtime and do whatever I could. Normally I would just end up discussing issues with whoever called or whoever left a message on the machine. Then after work I would bring home whatever I picked up in the morning and do my work there. Usually 2 to three hours a day. Normally I did not charge for this time. I would do it at home in order to aviod staying at the office then getting stuck in traffic.I would however take time off from work to prepare monthly financial reports make up and update check-off lists etc and yes I would usually do this at home.

You know what I mean here Bob...draw the 28K/yr for your work as officer and then charge your local for "time" spent working at home. Was that legal Bob?

Sure its legal, why not? Why? Was the local paying you to cook for the kids and babysit, help with homework, do laundry? You were elected to do your job for the TWU, not get paid for staying at home for the "convienance", charging OT, and laughing all the way to the bank. No wonder you hate the TWU...they took a GOLDMINE from you.

Seems you took FULL advantage of your local, do they realize?

Sure they knew, why dont you ask Hopeful? He is a rank and File 562 member.
Cheetah, The International removed Chuck Schalk and myself, not the members.
[post="231056"][/post]​

DECISION 2007,Dec 28 2004, 09:12 PM]

Your local to small to have an office?
Our local members work at our local preparing reports and paying bills...you should have been doing your job on the clock, not off.

And that is illegal. They should not be doing stuff like that while being paid by the company. It violates both the RLA and Taft-Hartley. There is good reason why the union should not be paid by the company while doing work that is strictly "union business". Or are you to(o) dumb to see that?

You stole $$$ from your local with your phony OT...

Phony OT? What are you talking about? We did not get OT on UB, all UB was paid at straight time.

You telling me your members approved this?

Sure, it was no secret and they approved the Financial Reports and re-elected me.

Or did they know that on top of your 28K/yr plus AA salary, ole Bob was making OT on the local to boot?

Once again you ignore the facts that most of the "$28K" was in place of regular pay and the Local did not pay OT. Frank and myself (who accounted for most of the lost time for the Local) took a big hit on our retro checks because we had so much lost time and our gross from the company was reduced. I would have made more if instead of taking the union position I had simply worked OT as I did prior to becoming a union officer.

Great guy

Thanks.

Then why turn the conversation to Gless?

Because the reason why my lost time was so high is because Bobby Gless complained that he could not handle the job. Thats why none of the board supported him for re-election.

Most of the lost time was from doing the monthly meetings in the other stations because Gless didnt want to do them.

If Bobby had been doing his job, then all the lost time would have been much less.You are forgetting that as President, lost time was under his jurisdiction also, in fact he often paid himself lost time, even Holiday pay despite the fact that he would take time off, this led to many conflicts between us. He once commented to me that he figured he was only getting paid $10/hr, because he claimed that he had his cell phone on 24/7. So Gless felt that when he was home working on his house or his boat or whatever that as long as the phone was on he should be getting paid. His pay was $97,000 because the company paid him to do union business plus his union pay, unlike everyone else on the board.

You are guilty aren't you!

Guilty of what? Doing union business on union time instead of on company time?

Was the local paying you to cook for the kids and babysit, help with homework, do laundry?

No, the local was paying me to prepare reports, pay bills, payroll etc. I'll admit that on my downtime I would record checkoff at work but I would do that in between my regular assignments, preparing, updating and printing them were done at home. The company was not removing me from the headcount and from job assignments and still paying me like at your Local. One has to wonder why the company would do that for your Local unless the local was working in the interests of the company instead of the members.

You were elected to do your job for the TWU, not get paid for staying at home for the "convienance", charging OT, and laughing all the way to the bank. No wonder you hate the TWU...they took a GOLDMINE from you.

You are pathetic. Try again. I was elected to do my job FOR THE MEMBERS!!! Thats the problem with you and other TWU cultists, you forget that the union is supposed to be about the members.

Thanks for admitting that your Local does their UB on Company time. I'll have to forward this exchange to the DOL also.

Thanks for admitting that your Local does their UB on Company time. I'll have to forward this exchange to the DOL also.

I can read it now, Mr. Owens sending a report/ratting on union brothers for a post sent in to a forum, by a guy named "DECISION 2007". That should really hold a lot of interest.

Do you suppose that the local he refers to knows just a bit than you ? I realize that is a bold statement to make.

Once again you ignore the facts that most of the "$28K" was in place of regular pay

So you lived in NY on 28K a year with children to provide for. You should send Mr. Jim Little a great big "THANK YOU" card for gutting your position and tripling your income with the AA wages. Or is there something else hidden here you really don't want to discuss?

man, Bob comes out and explains everything but you guys are to stupid to understand it.(typical T.W.U.!!!)

cheetah said:
man, Bob comes out and explains everything but you guys are to stupid to understand it.(typical T.W.U.!!!)
[post="233253"][/post]​

"Stupid" is a compliment to the likes of him.

So explain how you survived in NY on 28K/yr with family, for those of us that are impaired. Chiming in with cheetah doesn't answer the question. Are you hiding something again? How could you afford to be an officer and raise a family? Do you not place family first? You worked full time, even lunch hour, at the local and then ran home to continue working, all for 28k/yr, what a guy. You are either a liar or a fool.

And cheeter, when you stated "Bob comes out", isn't that judging a book by it's cover? What is typical AMFA? Please explain that one, what does AMFA have to brag about?

I have posted 16 times Mr Owens, and yet you know the "likes of" me?
I see you have 3700 some posts, yet I am not able to judge your apptitude just yet. I'm sure cheetah must know you personally or he would not be placing you on a pedastal.

sorry seed, I dont think ive met any of these people but i do read this and other boards alot, as that pertains to my profesion and from what i have read bob makes sense. you do not. AMFA has bragging rights to the best paid best benefits in the airline business. now tell me how great the TWU is doing. when do i get to vote on my Intl. reps????(sorry thats only AMFA)!

seed,Dec 29 2004, 07:33 PM]
So explain how you survived in NY on 28K/yr with family, for those of us that are impaired.

When did I say that I only grossed $28K? It was claimed by one of you MCI aliases that I made 28K on top of my full pay from the company. That was not the case because much of that $28K was for time lost off the clock from AA. In other words when I went to Boston, Bradley or San Juan I did not punch a clock at AA or have an "arrangement" where AA would pay me, understand? So AA did not pay me, have I lost you yet? So the union would pay me for the time worked doing that union business.I did not do union business everyday, I normally worked a regular shift, weekends, Holidays etc like eveyone else.

Chiming in with cheetah doesn't answer the question.

Which question did I not answer? Are you willing to answer any question I may pose?

Are you hiding something again?

Hiding something again? What did I previously hide?

How could you afford to be an officer and raise a family? Do you not place family first? You worked full time, even lunch hour, at the local and then ran home to continue working, all for 28k/yr, what a guy. You are either a liar or a fool.

I think that I have answered all that, you are obviously both a liar and a fool.

Funny but it says 20 times. I would say that from what you have posted so far under this alias I know all I need to know about you.

I see you have 3700 some posts, yet I am not able to judge your apptitude just yet.

Well that just goes to show that some people are more perceptive than others.

I'm sure cheetah must know you personally or he would not be placing you on a pedastal.

Well that says something doesnt it? Thanks for the compliment. Maybe thats why I post under my name and you use an alias, because those who know you personally would not do the same.

Well that says something doesnt it? Thanks for the compliment. Maybe thats why I post under my name and you use an alias, because those who know you personally would not do the same.

Man, you are quite full of yourself. I wish I felt the same way about you, it would sure make for a lot less reading. Also, at the time I posted the above post it was my 16th, I'm seeing why I really don't like posting here. Either you're AMFA or , as you stated " a fool and a liar". Great place.

seed said:
Man, you are quite full of yourself. I wish I felt the same way about you, it would sure make for a lot less reading. Also, at the time I posted the above post it was my 16th, I'm seeing why I really don't like posting here. Either you're AMFA or , as you stated " a fool and a liar". Great place.
[post="233719"][/post]​
I'd like to "chime" in if I may "good seed". Bob has seen first hand the inner workings of the twu as a Local 562 officer, in New York, Sunny Hall's playground where the twu was born. Bobs' seen our careers in twu decay for over 20 years. I've seen it for 16 damn years, although I have never and would never run for twu office because its a waste of time and effort in a twu dictatorship. You either "tow the twu line", participate and believe in the lies as a twu officer, or your made out to be a bad guy and removed by the International as a "AMFA traitor". Dissent is not tolerated!

Bob Owens tried to "change from within" and was removed for it....not by his membership, but by Big Daddy International because he didn't play the nice blind twu believer and asked too many questions. I personally know many former twu supporting men (and women) that the twu has turned to AMFA because of this intimidation treatment and the corruption. They didn't have to be recruited or captured, they came to the AMFA organizers and wanted in on their own free will. We asked AMFA to come to AA, AMFA did not come to us. I pay dues to the twu, and so do the most of the AMFA organizers I know. Yet, and this is the funny part.... still they call it a "AMFA raid". Yes, its a raid by their own twu members.

There is NO CHANCE of ever changing the twu into a democratic union the supports our choosen field of Aircraft Maintenance. Its been attempted too many times and failed every time. The twu International owns our contract, not the twu membership. The twu International appoints its officers with no direct vote from the membership. There are several officers in the twu International that have been rejected by their own membership at the local level, yet, there they are.... with Do-little and the boys.

Mr. Seed, you don't like posting here because you don't like what your hearing. Understandable. Your clearly from what I have read so far of the twu blind believer group. That's fine with me, I will argue my point all day with a dazed twu believer. But don't tell us on the AMFA side that we are "full of ourselves" or whatever because we are adamant about dumping a corrupt and reprehensible union like the twu. You make statements and do not have clue of what your talking about. We've lived with the twu and its sellouts for far too long. Either you have not been twu long enough, your not AA M@R, you like be screwed by the twu, or your a twu International officer who has it good with a six-figure business union salary.

If you don't like our true statements about the twu and its dismal history, then don't post here, we won't miss you.

BTW.... Read the book "In Transit", its a History on the twu and it might open your eyes. Another good one is "Taking Care of Business", a look inside the corrupt afl-cio.

seed said:
So explain how you survived in NY on 28K/yr with family, for those of us that are impaired. Chiming in with cheetah doesn't answer the question. Are you hiding something again? How could you afford to be an officer and raise a family? Do you not place family first? You worked full time, even lunch hour, at the local and then ran home to continue working, all for 28k/yr, what a guy. You are either a liar or a fool.
And cheeter, when you stated "Bob comes out", isn't that judging a book by it's cover? What is typical AMFA? Please explain that one, what does AMFA have to brag about?

I see you have 3700 some posts, yet I am not able to judge your apptitude just yet. I'm sure cheetah must know you personally or he would not be placing you on a pedastal.
[post="233323"][/post]​

Maybe you should remember what you post before you complain about what is said about you.

I do not see any benefit of continuing this line of discussion, sorry if I offended anyone. Mr. Owens, I'm sure you were sincere in your role you played with your local.

Back