Yes or no for the IBEW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Eagle,
What do you mean COULD impose the IAM contract? I thought they already were?
When The COMPANY Decides to IMPOSE The IAM CONTRACT, THE OLD TWU Contract/Rules & Reg's will Be VOIDED.
And You All Will Be UNDER the IAM's CONTRACT.
REMEMBER US AIRWAYS is Operating under ONE CERTIFICATE NOW. You All Have VOTED DOWN A T & A. Now Comes the R&R Labor Act.Rules & Reg's.

I am already under the current contract. I work for the "EAST" and have for 18+ years. So I still do not see your point.

When The COMPANY Decides to IMPOSE The IAM CONTRACT, THE OLD TWU Contract/Rules & Reg's will Be VOIDED.
And You All Will Be UNDER the IAM's CONTRACT.
REMEMBER US AIRWAYS is Operating under ONE CERTIFICATE NOW. You All Have VOTED DOWN A T & A. Now Comes the R&R Labor Act.Rules & Reg's.
Mr Eagle would this give most of the west people the raise they deserve.

JD,
I would think so. But the IAM and the company apparently do not want that though.

I believe the IAM could bring the WEST under our agreement without a vote, but there could
be no changes in the agreement as far as length and any changes in benifits. If there was there
would be a need for a vote. The IAM wants the West's dues...plain and simple. The dues sit in
escrow til they are brought under agreement . This has to be with the companys consent or
a court could rule in that direction, but the IAM has not tried that route. The company wants
the IAM to give them something if they want something. We, in the beginning were just pawns
in this money game, but as the game has continued we are slowly making are way across the
board and are one move away from becoming the dominating piece. These two power players
are so busy looking to sell us out, that they forgot we were still playing.
That brings me to the topic subject...IBEW..., or the threat of the IBEW. In the rationality
I've given so far, if we were playing chess, we could be saying ''check'' , and put them, the
company and the IAM in a vulnerable position. The IAM wants the money. The Company wants
the deal . We need a _______ ! ** insert your own word **
change

Thanks

nevada Hp,
It was my understanding that they (IAM) could have brought you under our contract all along.. but Dougie wanted to ext . so he could lock us up for another merger attempt. and the IAM just got on the band wagon and said lets see if we can get them (MEMBERSHIP) to throw away there profit sharing and CIC.. therefore the company and the IAM can all be one big happy family and exchange xmas cards and such.. just my thoughts don't take it for fact..

footnote:
IF they do put you guys under our bk contract.. ALOT of work rules will change in PHX..

Thanks orioleman-
This is a link to the PHL Local #98, take a look,

[topic="0"]http://www.ibew98.org/[/topic]

alot of folks say what can we do to change how officers are put in place... HEREs an IDEA .. how about democracy

Q Who runs the union?
A The union is a democratic organization run by the members. Members elect the local officers. You vote on many issues of importance to you. You vote on your contract. Union members elect delegates to national conventions, where delegates elect national officers and vote on major issues affecting the union such as constitutional amendments. The union is the people themselves.

Oh and by the way .. this came off the IBEW website..

just trying to pass along useful info..

Q Management is hinting that we could lose the benefits we now have. Is that true?
A The purpose of forming a union is to win improvements in wages and benefits, not to lose them. We start with what we have and go up. On average, unionized workers earn a third more than non-union workers in wages and benefits. Occasionally in organized facilities workers agree to grant concessions to aid an ailing company, but this comes after years of winning improvements.

The employees vote on whether or not to accept a contract. Would you vote to accept a contract that took away your benefits? Think about it. If having a union meant that the employer could reduce your benefits, why would the employer be fighting the union so hard?

Besides, it is against the law for the employer to retaliate against the union by taking away wages or benefits

You can insert IAM wherever you see management

. MY ??? is when was the last time you heard or saw anything similar to this coming from the IAM..

for our west friends.. that have never really been in a STRONG union .. this is how a REAL union operates.. or they won't have 750,000.00 members

good nite
OH once again came of the IBEW site.. go to the link read for yourself under Q/A

"A The purpose of forming a union is to win improvements in wages and benefits, not to lose them. We start with what we have and go up. On average, unionized workers earn a third more than non-union workers in wages and benefits. Occasionally in organized facilities workers agree to grant concessions to aid an ailing company, but this comes after years of winning improvements" Duh?

"The employees vote on whether or not to accept a contract" And that differs from the IAM in what way?

"Would you vote to accept a contract that took away your benefits?" Well yes we have, twice!
"If having a union meant that the employer could reduce your benefits, why would the employer be fighting the union so hard?" Uhhhhh What???

I can remember a while back a Union called the Steelworkers Union came to town. Myself and a small nucleus of other fleet service members worked countless hours campaigning and organizing for the Steelworkers, laying the ground work for Fleet Service to obtain representation. Once all the hard work had been done by the Steelworkers (i.e. once all the required cards had been signed) the IAM and the IBT decided to ride in on the Steelworkers coattails. The IAM didn't even make the effort to start its own card signing campaign, they let another union do it for them. That fact alone should have raised some red flags. The IAM's campaign slogan all during the campaign was "There's strength in numbers†bla bla bla… We, the Steelworker’s supporters thought differently. We felt it was a mistake to assume that the IAM would treat Fleet Service on a par with its mechanics. In fact we preached this message to you, our fellow Fleet Service workers, until we were blue in the face. NO ONE LISTENED! So now it’s come full circle. What we were trying to tell you then is only now coming into full view for all to see and understand. The reference “I Am Management†used on this board so often is a misnomer. The “M†stands for “Machinistsâ€. That fact is now all too painfully clear!!!

Git er dun! Its a shame we had to get raped for so long before people were awaken! Me thinks They have Awaken the sleeping Giant in the fleet service group.
Don't let the I AM Management teams :stupid: try to scare you off like they tried to do with the Ibew team in clt. Clt sounds like they are willing to help with the survival of the fleet service employees.
The Ibew is the real deal. Remember one thing he who controls the light switch controls the power! :up: I am so excited for a real union to get in here and work for us. Its a great feeling to know we will finally be the priority instead of the poker chip. Good luck folks and I know the Ibew will not stand behind of you they will be in front of you to make things happen. They will not neg. your best interest on the back 9.

" Doc doesn't :blink: !"

Keep those cards coming!

He who controls the light switch controls the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back