Yesterday In Philly

Mar 23, 2007
Pennsylania
All day long, working full flights by myself on this piece of sh!t system, having pax waiting patiently while I try to accommodate their requests, BLAIRING out of the televisions located in the gate areas, "USAir, WORST AIRLINE IN THE NATION". I swear to God, I thought I was going to pass out. Pretended not to hear it, having nice conversations with our Elites, talking to the kids. I knew that everyone heard it, felt the eyes on me. I just wanted to die. It was so embarrassing and humiliating. Pax always expect more from the legacy carriers and are used to a certain product. These kids in Tempe have degraded this airline to ghetto level. The apologies in the media are to the point of laughable. Bring the freaking computer system back, bring back our service levels to where they belong, take care of our most valuable pax (our Elites), bring back our pay scales and benefits that attracted good quality employees that are here for the long haul, stop screwing with the interiors of those beautiful airplanes, clean the planes with a toothbrush if you have to. Thank you Parker, Kirby, Beery, Christ, Shamblin and the entire IT department who has made us the (edited) Damned laughing stock of the industry. You should ALL be so proud.

All day long, working full flights by myself on this piece of sh!t system, having pax waiting patiently while I try to accommodate their requests, BLAIRING out of the televisions located in the gate areas, "USAir, WORST AIRLINE IN THE NATION". I swear to God, I thought I was going to pass out. Pretended not to hear it, having nice conversations with our Elites, talking to the kids. I knew that everyone heard it, felt the eyes on me. I just wanted to die. It was so embarrassing and humiliating. Pax always expect more from the legacy carriers and are used to a certain product. These kids in Tempe have degraded this airline to ghetto level. The apologies in the media are to the point of laughable. Bring the freaking computer system back, bring back our service levels to where they belong, take care of our most valuable pax (our Elites), bring back our pay scales and benefits that attracted good quality employees that are here for the long haul, stop screwing with the interiors of those beautiful airplanes, clean the planes with a toothbrush if you have to. Thank you Parker, Kirby, Beery, Trist, Shamblin and the entire IT department who has made us the (edited)Damned laughing stock of the industry. You should ALL be so proud.
Prop, Just read your post, so sorry you had to go through that, that any of us have to go through this right now. Why on earth they (Tempe) aren't doing more than lip service is beyond me. It would be so easy for them to start rectifying these situations if they would apply basic business practices. I always try to look at the glass half full, but I have to admit I'm baffled.

You are absolutely right. This is so easily rectified a 2 year old can figure it out. It does appear you and I are on the same page as far as customer service is concerned. I should have expected that as you are one of my people (Irish)! lol

All day long, working full flights by myself on this piece of sh!t system, having pax waiting patiently while I try to accommodate their requests, BLAIRING out of the televisions located in the gate areas, "USAir, WORST AIRLINE IN THE NATION". I swear to God, I thought I was going to pass out. Pretended not to hear it, having nice conversations with our Elites, talking to the kids. I knew that everyone heard it, felt the eyes on me. I just wanted to die. It was so embarrassing and humiliating. Pax always expect more from the legacy carriers and are used to a certain product. These kids in Tempe have degraded this airline to ghetto level. The apologies in the media are to the point of laughable. Bring the freaking computer system back, bring back our service levels to where they belong, take care of our most valuable pax (our Elites), bring back our pay scales and benefits that attracted good quality employees that are here for the long haul, stop screwing with the interiors of those beautiful airplanes, clean the planes with a toothbrush if you have to. Thank you Parker, Kirby, Beery, Trist, Shamblin and the entire IT department who has made us the (edited) Damned laughing stock of the industry. You should ALL be so proud.

I feel your pain....last nite in intl arrv at 3;00 for my shift to find out I should have already been at my flt to MXP...its a 4:25 dept and I got to gate at 3:15.....also the only other agt was a 3:00 start also...since we are supposed to at the gate 2 hrs prior a CSS was the only one working the flt for an hour...we are so short staffed it is ridiculous.....then MXP was delayed and I was sheduled to work FCO and couldnt leave MXP so there was only one agt working FCO for an hour...so that flt was delayed...one agt on domestic is horrible...one agt on transatlantic full airbus is insane

Then of course there are all the studipities of QIK..ie inf tkts still not being done...every flt has at least 3-4 dupe seat assignments

I am just so sick of this system...I am worn out and beaten down and one mgr we have is former AW and every day I have to listen to him extol the virtues of QIK....with a smirk on his face he tells me "Get over it, SABRE is never coming back"....

I feel bad for all of you who have to work for such a miserable pathetic existence of an employer. At least we, the customers can leave, I know it's not that easy for you, and you have to put up with it all day, every day.

To those of you who know how good things used to be....in other words, not the kool aid drinking sand dunes (OK let the 'tempe tantrums' begin), you're all the best and your customers know that. It's not your fault that your management (and I use that term lightly) has turned this company into a joke. Hopefully this pack of goons will eventually be fired and a new crew brought in to turn it around....that is if there is anything left to turn around.

Hang in there....you all deserve better!!

It's good to know that our customers are committed to
US. As a veteran supervisor I will do what has to be done
to keep our customers happy even though our company
(from the tempe big dummies to our so called phl managers)
in charge of this circus, don't know what customer
service is all about.

Attn: to our most dedicated flyers, please and I beg of you
please write or call our board of directors and give
them an earfull out stock went from 60 to low 30's
our product if you want to call it a product sucks
they are letting this fool run this company to the ground.
we need a change and fast.

It's good to know that our customers are committed to
US. As a veteran supervisor I will do what has to be done
to keep our customers happy even though our company
(from the tempe big dummies to our so called phl managers)
in charge of this circus, don't know what customer
service is all about.

Attn: to our most dedicated flyers, please and I beg of you
please write or call our board of directors and give
them an earfull out stock went from 60 to low 30's
our product if you want to call it a product sucks
they are letting this fool run this company to the ground.
we need a change and fast.

And of course, let's not forget. Parker and the rest will leave here with MILLIONS in their bank accounts.

For shame.

phlagent and all the great frontliners,

Thanks for your support and for doing your best when they make it difficult for you to do so. Believe me WE appreciate you and your efforts.

That said, the way things are going, I am not sure we can stay much longer. While weather and ATC are demons all airlines have to deal with, the understaffing, lack of a working reservations system, and labor issues with pilots and other groups are lining up to create a perfect storm, the likes of which I don't think anyone has ever seen.

Despite your best efforts (and ours to try and stay with you), if it becomes apparent that we can no longer rely on US Airways to reliably get us where we need to go, we will have no choice but to go elsewhere..just know if it happens it is no through no fault of your own.

I am in constant contact with management, and am trying make them aware of what's happening, but I am not sure what good it will do.

Let me say again--if it were not for you fine folks on the front line, we would have been gone a LONG time ago......

My BEST to you all.....

phlagent and all the great frontliners,

Thanks for your support and for doing your best when they make it difficult for you to do so. Believe me WE appreciate you and your efforts.

That said, the way things are going, I am not sure we can stay much longer. While weather and ATC are demons all airlines have to deal with, the understaffing, lack of a working reservations system, and labor issues with pilots and other groups are lining up to create a perfect storm, the likes of which I don't think anyone has ever seen.

Despite your best efforts (and ours to try and stay with you), if it becomes apparent that we can no longer rely on US Airways to reliably get us where we need to go, we will have no choice but to go elsewhere..just know if it happens it is no through no fault of your own.

I am in constant contact with management, and am trying make them aware of what's happening, but I am not sure what good it will do.

Let me say again--if it were not for you fine folks on the front line, we would have been gone a LONG time ago......

My BEST to you all.....
Thanks those commments mean alot

There is a saying those who are slow to adapt to change are left behind.
Qik/Shares has it drawbacks but it can be fix with time,from the migration to present there have been a lot of fixes that mirrors what we had with sabre(check out the stanby list) we can also reorder the stanby list.
They have reworked who a flight is closed and pdc...sure we would like more things added but in time it will.

What does it says of you if you cannot figure QIK out..
I prefer the fill in the box than long entries..anyday.

Remember Phoeniz inherited a lot of the problems when they decided to buy Usairways.
the lost baggage and complaints from it stems from passengers originating from or connecting through PHL.
I have worked in PHL I know what you go through but knowing your shortcomings encourage your co workers to go the entra mile to make sure that the passengers bags make it to their flight.That will make sure we not last in lost baggage and last in customer complaints.

I prefer to use my brain, thank you. I find it quite laughable how people from an airline who's "average" length of service is just a bit over 2 1/2 years are preaching to a legacy carrier who's "average" length of service is a bit of 25 years. I know, I know, it will all be fixed in time! Honey, we ain't going to have an airline by the time this is all fixed.
Oh, and watch the townhalls on the web. Parker says it himself: USAir bought America West.

I prefer to use my brain, thank you. I find it quite laughable how people from an airline who's "average" length of service is just a bit over 2 1/2 years are preaching to a legacy carrier who's "average" length of service is a bit of 25 years. I know, I know, it will all be fixed in time! Honey, we ain't going to have an airline by the time this is all fixed.
Oh, and watch the townhalls on the web. Parker says it himself: USAir bought America West.

Hey Prop if that comment was meant for me I will have you know that I worked for the east coast usairways ..so I used sabre and was very proficient in it ..thank you very much and I am now becoming proficient in QIK because I adapt I do not complain..

Then you should know exactly what I am talking about. You are correct, you did say that you worked in PHL, my apologies.

I know exactly what you are talking about..we should continue to let management know how we feel and that we on the frontline should be respected better..

But also we should go the extra mile to make sure the passengers want to return and keep returning by using the tools as bad as some of it is the best way that we can.

Latest posts

Back