Yesterday In Philly

There is a saying those who are slow to adapt to change are left behind.
Qik/Shares has it drawbacks but it can be fix with time,from the migration to present there have been a lot of fixes that mirrors what we had with sabre.........sure we would like more things added but in time it will.

What does it says of you if you cannot figure QIK out..

Remember Phoeniz inherited a lot of the problems when they decided to buy Usairways.

1) "Qik/Shares has it drawbacks but it can be fix with time" Everyone's a bit past sick of hearing that. Only complete incompetents would ever place a system online that immediately even needed "fixing", especially when a working system was in place. "...that mirrors what we had with sabre..." about sums up this pathetic system = it ALMOST works as good as Sabre is the best that seemingly can be said of even it's more functional parts.

2)"What does it says of you if you cannot figure QIK out.."
Easy = QIK's a piece of garbage? :lol: Perhaps that's unfair...perhaps the totally inadequate "training" for such is also partly to blame.

3)"Remember Phoeniz inherited a lot of the problems...."
And they've certainly found brilliant, and even innovative ways of enhancing all the problems across the board, heck; they've even found ways to make new ones.

phlagent and all the great frontliners,

Thanks for your support and for doing your best when they make it difficult for you to do so. Believe me WE appreciate you and your efforts.

That said, the way things are going, I am not sure we can stay much longer. While weather and ATC are demons all airlines have to deal with, the understaffing, lack of a working reservations system, and labor issues with pilots and other groups are lining up to create a perfect storm, the likes of which I don't think anyone has ever seen.

Despite your best efforts (and ours to try and stay with you), if it becomes apparent that we can no longer rely on US Airways to reliably get us where we need to go, we will have no choice but to go elsewhere..just know if it happens it is no through no fault of your own.

I am in constant contact with management, and am trying make them aware of what's happening, but I am not sure what good it will do.

Let me say again--if it were not for you fine folks on the front line, we would have been gone a LONG time ago......

My BEST to you all.....

Thank you for those kind thoughts sir. The people that are truly the Front Liners, ie: gate agents/flight attendants/etc, have been dealing with stress levels rarely seen outside of a combat theater ever since SHARES showed up.

EastUS,

Believe me I know. I have had the "pleasure" of pulling irate passengers out of a gate agent's face during a delay, and trying to explain why the problem is not the agent's fault....once too often.

I feel bad that I may not be able to visit with you and your colleagues so much in the future--if they don't fix things soon, we're gone for good.

The sad thing is these comments could just as easily be from 2002, or 1992. PHL is a lost cause.

I have worked in: TTN, ACY, NYCTO, PIT, CLE, MIA and have been in PHL since 1992. PHL is my favorite station. Before this recent hiring of "inner city" people, any manager or PSS (or PSR for those old timers) that has transferred in has said these are the best agents in the system. (They have to be, they get killed every single day). The major problem in PHL is where we sit, between NY and WAS center, the AT is horrific! However, we old timers are very few and far between, but we still do try.

EastUS,

Believe me I know. I have had the "pleasure" of pulling irate passengers out of a gate agent's face during a delay, and trying to explain why the problem is not the agent's fault....once too often.

I feel bad that I may not be able to visit with you and your colleagues so much in the future--if they don't fix things soon, we're gone for good.

Many thanks again for helping those distressed agents sir.
Given that I'm generally "safely sequestered" within the cockpit, there's been few times that I've been able to do much to help.

I hope that this sad ship can yet be steered safely from the iceberg field, as the vast majority of us do truly enjoy getting decent people to their destinations safely, and on time.

All the Best to you regardless of how things pan out in the future.

Art, when you speak to parker and his bunch, let him know this...........PHL can be an easy station to handle, which could run very effeciently and be the best. Here is my
thought 1st stop trying to bring your westies into phl and
try to make it another phx, you can not the old usair bunch
tried doing the same thing, and it did not work. Okay lets assume phl is your footbal team and you are the new hired coach to run it, and all the agents are your quaterbacks, 1st you analyze your quaterback and his talents and use that talent work with it not against it, you would say the company is trying to put a round peg in a square hole, it simply will not work. that's how they should approach phl and also the whole company maybe it would run better. I hope that made sense.

I hope that this sad ship can yet be steered safely from the iceberg field, as the vast majority of us do truly enjoy getting decent people to their destinations safely, and on time.

It certainly can yet be steered safely from the iceberg field. But not without a new helmsman, or helmswoman, who knows how to make things work and has the vision to steer clear of the icebergs.

I am not hopeful.

I already have my life vest on, and I never stray far from my muster station and assigned lifeboat. I'm high on dramamine. Needless the say, I'm not enjoying the crossing one bit.

Qik/Shares has it drawbacks but it can be fix with time,from the migration to present there have been a lot of fixes that mirrors what we had with sabre(check out the stanby list)
The so call new standby list is the same old SHARES unworkable list just looks better to reorder the list its a long draw out process. Every time you work in the list it requires you to make the same entry twice. The standby list is a very important tool at the gate. MAN OH MAN COULD I WORK A STANDBY LIST. NOW! NOT SO MUCH

I prefer to use my brain, thank you. I find it quite laughable how people from an airline who's "average" length of service is just a bit over 2 1/2 years are preaching to a legacy carrier who's "average" length of service is a bit of 25 years. I know, I know, it will all be fixed in time! Honey, we ain't going to have an airline by the time this is all fixed.
Oh, and watch the townhalls on the web. Parker says it himself: USAir bought America West.
I am sorry, but we can not afford long term employees, they cost too much.

Hey Prop if that comment was meant for me I will have you know that I worked for the east coast usairways ..so I used sabre and was very proficient in it ..thank you very much and I am now becoming proficient in QIK because I adapt I do not complain..
nicely put....

Latest posts

Back