Yet another union rehash

pitguy

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
What does dumping a lav, picking up puke or being a parts clerk have to do with being in the same union as skilled aircraft mechanics? They are not related.

They are jobs mechanics use to do, and some still do.

The NMB says they are related, take it up with them.

And when a station does not have a stock clerk, who does the stock clerk work?

A mechanic.....ding...ding... ding....

By the way the Department of Labor does not consider an AMT skilled labor.

I understand that, but common sense tells me different. Those groups need to cut the apron strings and go on their own. Airways mechanics are the poorest paid in the industry.

This has what to do with US Airways and Aviation?
(pitguy Posted Today, 02:18 PM)
As Pitguy and does most AMT's We have the Licence which the unskilled have road on for years but the airlines have changed and now the unskilled are dragging the SKILLED AMT's DOWN. :up:
AS PITGUY said class and craft and you have to read between the lines 700uw. (between: (Usage Problem. Associating or uniting in a reciprocal action or relationship: an agreement between(IAM)workers and management; a certain resemblance between the two stories.
In confidence restricted to: Between you and me, he is not qualified.) :up: :lol: :lol:

Pitguy if i misunderstand what you are getting at lol PLZ let me know. ;)

JUST TO STAY IN THE THREAD SOME HAVE GAVE MORE THAN 100% SO OTHERS DO WELL. :rolleyes:

700uw I work hand and hand with the flight crews but do you see me in there UNION??????????????????????/ :shock:

OOOOO and SPANK!!!

Put the bottle down.

Flight crews are not out there turning wrenches, talking to a flight crew does not mean you work hand and hand with .

That is like saying when the utility handed the capt the ETOPS servicing check off sheet, they are working hand and hand with the flight crew too.

LOOKS LIKE A GRIEVANCE BY THE IBT!!!!!

Put the bottle down.

Flight crews are not out there turning wrenches, talking to a flight crew does not mean you work hand and hand with .

That is like saying when the utility handed the capt the ETOPS servicing check off sheet, they are working hand and hand with the flight crew too.
LOL: (Flight crews are not out there turning wrenches, talking to a flight crew does not mean you work hand and hand with.)

NOW YOU SEE WHAT THE LICANCED MECHANIC HAS TO DEAL WITH!!!

OR DO YOU NEED ME TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why don't you learn to SPELL L I C E N S E.
I DID THAT JUST TO GIVE YOU SMOTHING TO POST. LOL (SMOT)

(LOL)

can i pull a nother string lol

Did You Mean:
Smoothing (Shopping)
smoothing

smooth
smithing

something
smithing (RuneScape)

soothing
smith (metalwork)

smoking
mouthing

southing

LOL SPELL CK LOL>

I DID THAT JUST TO GIVE YOU SMOTHING TO POST. LOL (SMOT)

(LOL)

can i pull a nother string lol

Did You Mean:
Smoothing (Shopping)
smoothing

smooth
smithing

something
smithing (RuneScape)

soothing
smith (metalwork)

smoking
mouthing

southing
](AHH) The Power Of Positive Thinkin.[/color]
LOL SPELL CK LOL>

NOW YOU SEE WHAT THE LICANCED MECHANIC HAS TO DEAL WITH!!!

OR DO YOU NEED ME TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU!!

SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO STOP AND THINK!!!! LOL :bleh:

LOLOLOLOLOL

(pitguy Posted Today, 02:18 PM)
As Pitguy and does most AMT's We have the Licence which the unskilled have road on for years but the airlines have changed and now the unskilled are dragging the SKILLED AMT's DOWN. :up:
AS PITGUY said class and craft and you have to read between the lines 700uw. (between: (Usage Problem. Associating or uniting in a reciprocal action or relationship: an agreement between(IAM)workers and management; a certain resemblance between the two stories.
In confidence restricted to: Between you and me, he is not qualified.) :up: :lol: :lol:

Pitguy if i misunderstand what you are getting at lol PLZ let me know. ;)

JUST TO STAY IN THE THREAD SOME HAVE GAVE MORE THAN 100% SO OTHERS DO WELL. :rolleyes:
700uw I work hand and hand with the flight crews but do you see me in there UNION??????????????????????/ :shock:

OOOOO and SPANK!!!

Another aircraft mechanic blaming other groups for their failures. Thats what the aircraft mechanics at NW felt and voted in AMFA. AMFA repeatedly said that it was the "unskilled" that were riding the coattails of the AMTs and holding them back. Well the AMFA mechanics have long since been replaced and the "unskilled" are still at NW with a contract. Ironically, AMFA is hoping for a successful strike by either the IAM or PFAA so AMFA can "ride their coattails" and claim victory. If NWA were able to replace all of the "unskilled" with $3/hr no benefit illegal aliens, do you think they would bring back the AMFA mechanics and pay them $40/hr? You are a fool if you think they will. The airlines outsource aircraft maintenance because they can. When Lorenzo at CO in the 1980s outsourced and paid minumum wage/ no benefits to the "unskilled", did he spare the mechanics? No, he screwed everyone, including the "skygods". And what they pay the ramp at AWA/USAir is garbage. If AA were to force USAir compensation on us, I would tell them to stick this job up their a**. I used to work right next door to USAirways and have seen first hand the massive amounts of turnover and mountains of misloaded bags. I have no problem at all with mechanics being in their own union, in fact I encourage it. But, there is no way in hell you can expect support from those who you blame, demean, belittle, and claim not to need.

Ever since the company modified our contract through bankruptcies I have given them 100% work output from me every week!

THATS 20% A DAY 5 DAYS A WEEK!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :up: :up: :up: :up:
And this math formula will continue until there are signicant improvements in pay, holiday,vacation, sick, etc. etc. etc.

Another aircraft mechanic blaming other groups for their failures. Thats what the aircraft mechanics at NW felt and voted in AMFA. AMFA repeatedly said that it was the "unskilled" that were riding the coattails of the AMTs and holding them back. Well the AMFA mechanics have long since been replaced and the "unskilled" are still at NW with a contract. Ironically, AMFA is hoping for a successful strike by either the IAM or PFAA so AMFA can "ride their coattails" and claim victory. If NWA were able to replace all of the "unskilled" with $3/hr no benefit illegal aliens, do you think they would bring back the AMFA mechanics and pay them $40/hr? You are a fool if you think they will. The airlines outsource aircraft maintenance because they can. When Lorenzo at CO in the 1980s outsourced and paid minumum wage/ no benefits to the "unskilled", did he spare the mechanics? No, he screwed everyone, including the "skygods". And what they pay the ramp at AWA/USAir is garbage. If AA were to force USAir compensation on us, I would tell them to stick this job up their a**. I used to work right next door to USAirways and have seen first hand the massive amounts of turnover and mountains of misloaded bags. I have no problem at all with mechanics being in their own union, in fact I encourage it. But, there is no way in hell you can expect support from those who you blame, demean, belittle, and claim not to need.

If the IAM (International) and AFL-CIO showed some solidarity then I doubt that ‘ANY’ of this would have happened. When contracts are written by ‘Unions’ that demand crossing a picket line, then all is lost. :down:
The ‘only’ tool in the ‘labor’ toolbox is to withhold services (strike) in understanding that all unions (EVEN COMPETING ONES) will have the solidarity to not cross a picket line nor perform struck work.

When ‘Unions’ ignore ‘Unionism’ we will continue to see the degradation of Unionization, for without ‘Solidarity’ we have nothing.

B) UT

JMHO,

As for me, if 700 & delldude were in my union, we would have at least 3 people attending meetings and the rest would be bitching about lack of representation!

Unions are ‘THE MEMBERSHIP’!!!

Any doubts left about how easy it was for Glass, Siegel and Crellin to b*^#*slap unions?

Divide and conquer is Mgmt. 101 - at US, unions did half the job for them.

At US:

ALPA wanted everybody else to take the hit.

AFA had a great leader. The membership divided into a cat fight over personalities (stoked by management), and lost effectiveness.

CWA - rez vs. ATO

IAM - Mechs throws fleet under the bus. Then, fleet in large stations throws fleet in middle-sized and small stations under the bus.

For Glass & co., it had to be like shooting fish in a barrel.

I know, I know, the company took advantage of BK, crooked judge, etc.

All true, but not all of the truth.

Name ONE time at US all (or even two) unions showed support and solidarity for each other. That lasted for more than two minutes. That reached down to the membership level.

Latest posts

Back