Yet another union rehash

When US fleet came into the IAM, the international placed them in D141. Along the same time, the international created D141M, and placed UA and US mechs into it.

During our organizing drive, many mechs wrote letters to the IAM, saying they did not want fleet in their union.

Rather than educate the membership, the international went the 141M route to appease mechs. A ridiculous excercise - fleet was never going to be under the same contract as M&R.

How is all of that division create solidarity? Maybe the Wobblies were right - "one big union in the sky, bye-and-bye."

I distinctly remember in PIT,our union meetings(yes I went to them)constantly being disrupted by our new union brothers who got off ramp at around 10pm and the meeting didn't start until 11:30pm....whats a union brother to do with all that time? get faced at the local watering hole.so we had a constant problem with beligerent rampies arguing the point that with their first contract ever,they wanted the sky and this crap went on and on incessantly.it was a problem just doing union business.
yes we were patient and understood their dilemma but they were the ones that brought all this hardship on themselves with decertification....the first contract was a start and that was it.so it went into seperate locals/districts due to several factors,one which I listed.

I have no doubt rampies in some places got out of line. PIT and PHL come to mind. I understand it was so bad in PIT, mechs and fleet eventually formed separate locals. Solidarity forever!

FWIW, there was initial antagonism and suspicion in our local. Some hard feelings and words, a little intrigue.

Eventually, we decided to work together. In the end, there were mechs, fleet and utes on the E board - a stock clerk was president!

Maybe some folks didn't feel the love! :lol:

Another aircraft mechanic blaming other groups for their failures.

Coattails And How It Effect’s Different Employee’s

THIS IS JUST A SCENARIO.

Lets say that Bob Owens, groundcontrol, 700uw and dell
All have a son each and go to the same high school.
Now dells son finished high school at the top of his class while bob’s and groundcontrol sons finished high school lets say with a less that upper grades (D+ C avg.) but 700uw son dropped out of high school.

Dells son being the top of his class wants to be a aircraft mechanic like his dad so he goes to A/P School after high school to get his Professional Airframe And Power Plant license.
He takes out A Loan for School and Tools, works nights at a low paying job and goes to A/P school in the day for 2 years but all that hard work and MONEY for school pays off.
He takes his FAA Examinations for the Airframe and Power Plant License and now he is a LICENSED PROFESSIONAL AVIATION MAINTENANCE MECHANIC.

Bobs son took auto shop in high school and wants to be a Professional Auto Mechanic so the next day after he gets out of high school he goes and takes out a loan for tools and takes the ASE Mechanics License but failed the test so he goes back 30 days later and takes it again and this time he passes and now he is a LICENSED PROFESSIONAL ASE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC.

Groundcontrols son goes to Las Vegas and get his Nevada Drivers License and goes to work for the MGM as a professional car valet.
(an employee who is paid for parking people's cars professionally).

700uw son goes from job to job with no drive to better himself to a PROFESSIONAL LICENSED POSITION of any kind. He gets a break and goes to work at a Airline that Dell and Bobs son’s work at and in the same union and its time to vote a new contract in now, 700uw’s son knows that the company will not pay him 30-40 dollars an hour to drive a lav truck or clean a airplane and the LICENSED PROFESSIONAL AVIATION MAINTENANCE MECHANICS want to strike for more money and are OUT voted by the unskilled COATTAIL riders.
So here we have it LICENSED PROFESSIONAL MAINTENANCE MECHANICS only making $1.00 for each license more than the unskilled labor and the unskilled has a vote on the out come of the professional base pay rate and benefits and Bobs and Dell's son still are paying the loans for school and tools to be LICENSED PROFESSIONAL MAINTENANCE MECHANICS.

Groundcontrols son on the other hand works for $10 dollars an hour and brings home $200.00 a day average in tips but he doesn’t vote on the cocktail girl’s contract or get her tips even though they are both union and work as customer service person (class and craft).

IMO

1. LICENSED PROFESSIONAL AVIATION AIRCRAFT MECHANIC is one class and craft.(safety of flight)
2. LICENSED PROFESSIONAL ASE MAINTENANCE MECHANICS is one class and craft.
3. LICENSED PROFESSIONAL AVIATION PILOT is one class and craft.(safety of flight)
4. A PROFESSIONAL AVIATION FLIGHT ATTENDANT is one class and craft. (safety of flight)
5. CUSTOMER SERVICE is one class and craft (service the aircraft for the
customer: clean seat, clean lav, clean aircraft, stock galleys, load bags service water and lavs for the customer ect.)
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

If your point is mechs should make more than ute or fleet, well-----yeah. One would think that would be obvious. And, mechs HAVE made more $$ than fleet and ute. As a former ramp rat, I had no problem with that.

What does that have to do with being represented by the same union?

Ever hear of diversity? The unions that make it will represent many interests, so as not to be dependent on one profession. How's AMFA doing? They withheld their services at NW, and got nowhere. Is ALPA larger and do they have more influence than five years ago? AFA saw the light and joined up with CWA.

Just curious. Do you think IAM should represent tiremakers, wood workers, etc?

IAM has a bunch of problems: representing a diversity of industries is not one of them, IMO.

If your point is mechs should make more than ute or fleet, well-----yeah. One would think that would be obvious. And, . As a former ramp rat, I had no problem with that.

What does that have to do with being represented by the same union?

Ever hear of diversity? The unions that make it will represent many interests, so as not to be dependent on one profession. How's AMFA doing? They withhelmechs HAVE made more $$ than fleet and uted their services at NW, and got nowhere. Is ALPA larger and do they have more influence than five years ago? AFA saw the light and joined up with CWA.

Just curious. Do you think IAM should represent tire makers, wood workers, etc? YES BUT PLZ DO NOT LET THEM RIDE ON MY SHIRTTAILS
My UNION BROTHER plz don't take it wrong the only thing I have with the IAM is the class and craft in witch I think they(IAM)HAVE DONE IS TO KEEP THE AMT'S PAY DOWN TO SUPPORT OTHER JOBS OF LESS SKILL FOR MORE DUES RATHER THAN FIGHT FOR THE PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC POSITION AS A SKILLED JOB.
AS WE SEE HOW CAN YOU CALL ME A SKILLED POSITION IF THE LAV MAN CAN DO MY JOB AND HE MAKES WHAT I DO MINUS MY LICENSES AND CONTROLS WHAT I HAVE TO LIVE ON FOR MY FAMILY AFTER ALL I HAVE WORKED FOR TO GET THESE LICENSES
IT COMES DOWN TO THIS: DO YOU PAY THE PAPERBOY WHAT YOU PAY THE PLUMBER?

IAM has a bunch of problems: representing a diversity of industries is not one of them, IMO.

Then why are you in the ibt?

They represent, Truckers, warehouse workers, UPS employees, Pilot, Flight Attendants and numerous other classifications.

Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

Just like an UNLICENSED box handler negotiates your contract, must suck to talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Then why are you in the IBT?

They represent, Truckers, warehouse workers, UPS employees, Pilot, Flight Attendants and numerous other classifications.

Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

Just like an UNLICENSED box handler negotiates your contract, must suck to talk out of both sides of your mouth.
700 YOU DO NOT SERVICE THE CUSTOMER AND YOU DO NOT TURN A WRENCH SO THE STORES PERSON MUST BE IN A UNION AS SUPPORT SO THAT GOES WITH TOOL CRIB AND SEAT SHOP(INT. MECH)ANY THING THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE LICENSES(WALK IN OFF THE STREET AND HAVE A JOB)(UTILITY)700 LOOK AT IT THIS WAY IF UTILITY STRIKES AS A IBT UNION BROTHER I CANT CROSS A IBT LINE AND UNDER YOUR OWN CONTRACT AS A UTILITY WORKER THE AMT DOES NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A UNSKILLED WORKER SETTING HIS PAY.

Duck and dodge once again.

Answer the questions and be relavent.

Duck and dodge once again.

Answer the questions and be relavent.
ITS BLACK AND WHITE IF YOU CANT UNDERSTAND I WILL DO A SPELL CK ON EVER WORD WITH THE MEANING IF YOU WANT???? B)
AS YOU SAY PUT DOWN THE BOTTLE. :lol:

Did You Mean:
relevant relent relucent relaxant reinvent RelayNet

1. LICENSED PROFESSIONAL AVIATION AIRCRAFT MECHANIC is one class and craft.(safety of flight)
2. LICENSED PROFESSIONAL ASE MAINTENANCE MECHANICS is one class and craft.
3. LICENSED PROFESSIONAL AVIATION PILOT is one class and craft.(safety of flight)
4. A PROFESSIONAL AVIATION FLIGHT ATTENDANT is one class and craft. (safety of flight)
5. CUSTOMER SERVICE is one class and craft (service the aircraft for the
customer: clean seat, clean lav, clean aircraft, stock galleys, load bags service water and lavs for the customer ect.)
6. UTILITY WORKER IS ONE CLASS AND CRAFT STOCK CLERKS, TOOL CRIB AND SEAT SHOP INT.SHOP.

The NMB says differant, so keep trying.

GSE mechanics, AMTs, Utility and Stores, same class and craft.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

The NMB says differant, so keep trying.

GSE mechanics, AMTs, Utility and Stores, same class and craft.

Don't let the facts get in your way.
GSE mechanics,Utility and Stores, same class and craft.
AMT IS CLASS AND CRAFT WHY DO YOU NEED US IN YOUR CLASS AND CRAFT????????? JUST TO UP YOUR PAY BUT THAT HOLDS THE AMT DOWN IN PAY.

THE COMPANY IS NOT GOING TO PAY THE PAPERBOY WHAT THEY PAY THE PLUMBER THAT ONLY MAKES GOOD BUISNESS SENSE. :shock:

Back