YNG Airport

HIGHLY Unlikely. US has continually reduced service at PIT (and Youngstown is a short drive from PIT). Both cities are in a No Growth Zone. Service may be upgraded at CLE or more flights added at CAK, but Youngstown.....doubtful. CMH needs larger a/c and CVG could have mainline a/c, but Youngstown.........nothing, nada, zilch. :rolleyes:

I hope that they will I think that this will work as a city. What do you think?

Nah. Too close to CLE, PIT, CAK, CMH, and ERI. Pre-911 when you could waltz up to the counter 20mins prior to departure, it made sense to fly YNG-PIT to make a connection. Now, you can drive to PIT in 50mins and check in 75mins early and still get to your final destination sooner than making a connection.

NO way will YNG be upgraded..

Added flts from CAK makes more sense then Cle..

The Cle market is horrible for US.

Short staffed, streamline, lines out the ying yang.
Cak would be a better bet.
Id fly out of there.
Not cle..sorry

Why not add HLG and ZZV too.

For fun, what routes (domestically) would everybody add or resume flying and why? (And for the love of God, try to keep it positive).

For me personally, I miss PHX-COS though I understand their reasoning in dropping it. I think US is missing a fair number of passengers in the midwest. I'd like to see DSM-PHL/CLT, OMA-PHL/CLT, service to OK, and maybe WY.
And why do we not fly ORD-DCA? Seems like the route would be a goldmine (especially with the current administration - there must be a lot of traffic going back and forth).

What about RDG? It is hard to go anywhere. Lousy 2x bus service to Philly, nowhere near any subway or train station. 10 to NYC PA. Hate driving thru Philly to get to airport and then if I do that I fly other airlines. Getting to ABE is dangerous, Rt. 222 gets closed almost daily due to accidents. MDT fares are higher just as ABE.

Sadly the small close in airport appears to becoming a dinosaur and perhaps in our lifetime will go the way of the Dinosaur

If there were still turboprops running the feeder routes instead of the fancy and expensive "junior jets" (that nobody likes anyway), then ya might have a chance.
But YNG? Does anyone still live or work there? Are the lights still on?

YNG was one of the many Beech 19 flights that used to go back and forth between the E Con in PIT. Those were fun days, we used to work 25 of those flights a day with 2 ramp agents doing everything, no sweat. YNG, MGW, CKB, PKB, OGS/MSS, JST, RDG, FRK, CMB, etc. and so forth. The only way there is a market for these flights is if someone started a stand alone commuter that used 15-20 seat props and did a feeder into PIT. Most of E Con is still there, probably could be used.....

YNG was one of the many Beech 19 flights that used to go back and forth between the E Con in PIT. Those were fun days, we used to work 25 of those flights a day with 2 ramp agents doing everything, no sweat. YNG, MGW, CKB, PKB, OGS/MSS, JST, RDG, FRK, CMB, etc. and so forth. The only way there is a market for these flights is if someone started a stand alone commuter that used 15-20 seat props and did a feeder into PIT. Most of E Con is still there, probably could be used.....
Let's see....$500 DOC/hr for aircraft + $13/pax fee at PIT + $2/Gal Fuel + employee wages......nah, I'll sell sandwiches in the airport instead.
(I did the rough math....costs about $1600 for a 1 hr blocked flight, give or take....with 19 pax you'd need to charge over $100 one way - and fill the airplane every time! ...I don't think its going to happen.)
BTW, PIT airport is/was trying to create a regional coalition of airport authorities (DUJ, ERI, JHW, JST, AOO, LBE, YNG, CAK, HLG, CRW, FKN, MDT, etc) to back an airline contracted to feed PIT.
CapeAir looked at it and said no.
'nuff said?

Latest posts

Back