Your US Heritage

With which of these divisions or airlines do you trace your US heritage back to?

• Allegheny (AL)

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Mohawk (MO)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • USAir (1979~1996)

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Pacific Southwest Airlines (PS)

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Piedmont (PI)

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • (Old) US Airways (1996~2006)

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Trump/USAir/US Airways Shuttle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • America West (HP)

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • (New) US Airways (2006~2013)

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Piedmont/PSA (USX)

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Proud days under Colodny? You mean the guy that let Gordon Bethune get away in favor of Seth "Deer-in-the-Headlights" Schofield? Those proud days?

Yup, I agree.We were both proud of where we came from. Then (old) USAir decimated both of our heritages.What was even worse is when we wiped the "smile" right off the faces of the proud, honorable PSA people.In my dealings with both groups, both ground and flight, I found everyone wonderful, proud people. And I miss the cultures of the different groups.But the decimating of cultures was not over yet. Then came America West and stamped in everyone face.And sadly I fear we all have one more face stomping coming along in the name of American Airline.

Reactions: 1 person
PDT/PSA USX, but we are not really a part of the group so, in effect, I have no heritage. What remains is and scrap heap of vacant promises, lies, deception, and mistreatment.

It is unfortunate that those of us who have been here for so long have had a lot of negative experiences with the corporation. BUT, we chose to stay and endure the indignity. So before we all get on our collective US Air pity pots, it is important to consider that as badly managed as things have been, the airline has still survived. And we all have continued to take home a paycheck.

Southwest speaks of having the so called "Warrior Spirit". I wonder what those of you who have perservered would call the US Airways experience?

Reactions: 2 people
It is unfortunate that those of us who have been here for so long have had a lot of negative experiences with the corporation. BUT, we chose to stay and endure the indignity. So before we all get on our collective US Air pity pots, it is important to consider that as badly managed as things have been, the airline has still survived. And we all have continued to take home a paycheck.

Southwest speaks of having the so called "Warrior Spirit". I wonder what those of you who have perservered would call the US Airways experience?

A Nightmare...

The good times our Tech Pubs group had at the maintenance hanger in Phoenix are cherished moments of AWA past. Going to "Mad Cow" for lunch on Fridays, the Wed evening trips to Vegas for dinner and a little gambling before returning later that evening, Weekend day trips to SF, Reno and the like, the AZ Diamondback "team-building" events, Christmas and Thanksgiving potlucks, and just poking fun at each other while getting the job done at work were great times. Though AWA has long been gone and myelf leaving for "greener pastures" I will always reflect upon those days with a glowing smile. Best wishes to all who remain. Miss you guys and gals - Eric