1-800 reservation line

trvlr64

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
FLL
www.usaviation.com
I would like to know why I've been on the phone ON HOLD for 25 minutes....and counting......to make a reservation this morning. I started this endeavour at 8:30am!!

Is there no one working in reservations anywhere in the US(HP) reservation system? Maybe GREENTREE should be re-opened.

And don't think about flaming me about using the website. For what I have to do I can't use the website. Even the Chairman's Desk couldn't complete my reservation because of the unique situation with this reservation that requires HP input.

........9 am update.....gave up. Even the CP desk agent apologized for the intolerable wait. She said she called the internal number and was put on hold.

THIS IS INTOLERABLE!! :down: :down:

Ma & Pa ain't going to keep holding as long as this US1 did.

old ticket on 401 ticket stock and only HP agents can reissue. This ISSUE I have is the inexcusable wait times. I'm holding again right now and we're at 25 minutes yet again.
Did they give you the AWA 1-800 number?

I would like to know why I've been on the phone ON HOLD for 25 minutes....and counting......to make a reservation this morning. I started this endeavour at 8:30am!!

Is there no one working in reservations anywhere in the US(HP) reservation system? Maybe GREENTREE should be re-opened.

And don't think about flaming me about using the website. For what I have to do I can't use the website. Even the Chairman's Desk couldn't complete my reservation because of the unique situation with this reservation that requires HP input.

........9 am update.....gave up. Even the CP desk agent apologized for the intolerable wait. She said she called the internal number and was put on hold.
THIS IS INTOLERABLE!! :down: :down:

Ma & Pa ain't going to keep holding as long as this US1 did.
Are there any plans to bring this customer service stuff back to the USA? I'm an employee, and it drives me nuts when I call for a simple question and the woman on the other end (in India) has no idea what "the Hub" is, what SA1 boarding priority is, or even what the new "zone to zone" guest fares are. I realize there are a lot of new changes happening everyday with this company, but when you can't even talk through a simple question with someone it gets much more than ANNOYING!! If I were a paying customer, I'd be hanging up and looking to another carrier.

Are there any plans to bring this customer service stuff back to the USA?
I'd been under the impression that the plan was to bring all res back onshore - until the earnings conference call. In response to a question specifically about offshore res, Doug seemed to be backing away from bringing it all back. Something about the offshore centers doing a better job and still deciding how much to bring back.

Jim

I had heard that Manila was gone since it wasnt living up to standards, but Mexico City and San Salvador were staying. Funny thing I noticed though is now that we have call centers in Spanish speaking countries, we no longer have a phone number for reservations in Spanish. :unsure: :blink:

Just as a counterpoint: Every time I've called the Platinum Preferred number, I've been answered by a very helpful American agent on the very first ring. Got the same agent twice, in fact! (Thanks, Shannon!) Does the Platinum line go to the CP Desk?

Just as a counterpoint: Every time I've called the Platinum Preferred number, I've been answered by a very helpful American agent on the very first ring. Got the same agent twice, in fact! (Thanks, Shannon!) Does the Platinum line go to the CP Desk?

The CP desk always answers quickly (ok, not always lately) but I had the regular 1-800 on my home phone and the CP desk on my cell phone. Figured why not? So the total time on hold for the 1-800 was 25 minutes while the CP agent (Phyllis....loved you honey...I can't wait to get you on the phone again....you're a HOOT!!) was also put on hold after calling an internal phone number that she said she couldn't give out to me.

The second time I called today once again I was on hold for 25 minutes before I was finally taken care of.

Total time on hold for the 1-800 # = 50 minutes. Overall time spent on the phone today = 1 hour 20 minutes.

My ticket issue was finally resolved. But look at the amount of time wasted.

Refine the website and I'll never have to speak to an agent again. WN has the best website IMO for this type of situation. Whenever I had an unused ticket with WN (3 times last summer) it was easy as 1, 2, 3 and I was able to apply a prior ticket for my new reservation. And they don't charge a $100 change fee. They only take a small % of the ticket price leaving you the balance to reuse. How nice of them. But that's a whole different topic to fight with on another day.

Total time on hold for the 1-800 # = 50 minutes. Overall time spent on the phone today = 1 hour 20 minutes.

My ticket issue was finally resolved. But look at the amount of time wasted.

Refine the website and I'll never have to speak to an agent again.

Why would they do that? Then they wouldnt be able to use the "look how unproductive the employees are" spiel. Remember we have to call inhouse at times to get things done as well. I think when the new system comes online you'll be seeing more queues at the ticket counter waiting for someone who can actually do what needs to be done since they wont (or dont) let the front line in on a lot of things.

YOU are correct DIALING the number on the back of your PREF CARD puts you into the INT OFFICE ( WHOLE OFFICE is dedicated to SILVER-GOLD-PLAT-CP, CP has a complete office and when they are busy, a regular PREF agent backs up the call, I take as many CP calls as I do SILVER-GOLD-PREF. Funny some of the PREF folks are so nice and polite but others have major attitude !!! AND it is common to speak to the same agent I get that often.