12" To 15" Forecasted For Phl

what ever you do, stay away from PHL tomorrow. Major snow storm with 2-3 inches an hour coming down during the afternoon tomorrow. Philly will probably be closed for a while. I think New York is supposed to get a good amount as well.

Someone should get credit for a good decision in this case. Late this morning, the website indicated that there would be a travel alert and allowing reaccomodation without charge or penalty. I was very easily able to reschedule my flights that were originally planned for tomorrow. The inevitable flood of calls are being spread out over a longer period of time.

As of 7:45 PM EST, DL and CO have not indicated any change in policy regarding the storm. This is typical. Several years ago, CVG was expecting 18 inches of snow and DL would not allow us to change our routing through ATL instead, resulting in a 24 hour delay getting to FCO. Their SGB (Simply Good Business) was that until the airport shut down or the flight was cancelled, we were stuck with the flights originally made.

Good job, US Airways.

PineyBob said:
I pay the kid next door to do the driveway. $20.00 and he keeps an eye on the place when I'm away. I overpay compared to others but him and his a-hole friends leave the house alone while I'm away.
[post="241030"][/post]​

Wages are a little high but the employee does good work. And on top of that the union organizers don't have any negative influence on him? :lol:

All of Pa is to be Hit witth the Storm...

Anywhere from eight to fourteen inches or higher..

High winds....etc....

With the Contract passing and a Chance for my station to be outsourced if
they want me bad enough.

I agree with the other post "SEND ME A TAXI AND I AM AT WORK
OTHERWISE GOOD LUCK.

Will Lakefield pay for my car damages or shovel my driveway.

NOWAY they will never care for us the worker

PineyBob said:
That was funny! He's a real dope, but he's smart enough not to get a job that involves flying or working for an airline so how dumb can he be?
[post="241125"][/post]​

Yeah, its funny how the guys with a few street smarts can out think the ones with a sheep skin. He is almost clairvoyant, being able to figure out which managers have graduated beyond big stories, to actually cutting costs.

And if he pays attention to what the union leaders are doing, he will no doubt figure out that receiving payments to keep the enemy at bay oddly enough actually puts him in charge of the amount that the protected has to pay.

Sadly, I was supposed to fly a sick patient on an Angel Flight from Philly NE Airpot to Gaithersburg, MD on Sunday. Fortunately, he's not so sick that it's an absolutely essential trip to take on Sunday. We'll(fellow Angel pilots) will get him down there sometime soon after the storm and tarmacs clear up.

I'm schedule to return home to PHL tomorrow (Jan. 22) evening at about 9:30pm. I'm flying PBI-CLT-PHL arriving in PHL flt 994, a 767. I guess I'll see whats going on about noon on Saturday and make the call then to risk it or stay in Florida, I'm sure it will beat being stranded at CLT for a day or two.

Jay

Edited to correct flight number

USAirBoyA330 said:
I can tell you one thing. This Flight Attendant is not going ANYWHERE tomorrow afternoon if a blizzard warning is in effect.

Sky high states: There's ALREADY a shortage due to the fact that the company is requiring an additional five hours of flying. Secondly, a HIGH NUMBER of crew members commute to work at all bases. Pay-cuts will impact many F/A's who are commuters and the ability to AFFORD a hotel room. Was anyone PROACTIVE in booking some rooms to AVOID another excessive sick-call scenario? which is cheaper?, :blink: cancelling flights, inconveniencing customers due to lack of crews or a reduced rate hotel room?
Is the media watching and ready to judge again?

Bout time you guys got the snow we got in Reno a couple of weeks ago. I still have 4 feet of snow in my yard. HP closed our office for 2 days and closed early 2 others. PHX did a good job working lots of ot for us. We're now working ot to help them out with the bad weather in the east/midwest. Ya'll have a good time taking the day off for the game. Maybe you'll be off Sunday too. Where is the game being played??? Phl??? oh no can't wait to see the game!!! Hoping for a Pa SuperBowl. :up:

By the way we are also rescheduling pax up until Feb something. Everyone is very grateful. It started in MSP tonight--one guy said he knows it snows a lot there but it was very very bad this time.

Back