2 Free PS Tkts for Employees

chucky

Senior
Sep 13, 2006
Delta Air Lines Marks Six-Month Merger Anniversary with Free, Confirmed Travel for Employees
Thursday April 23, 2009, 3:45 pm EDT

Company says 'thank you' to employees for their hard work in building the world's largest airline

ATLANTA, April 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL - News) today announced it is giving nearly 70,000 employees worldwide a pair of free tickets for travel anywhere Delta flies. The free tickets are in recognition of how hard employees have worked during the past six months to consolidate Delta and Northwest into the world's largest airline.

In a memo issued today to employees, CEO Richard Anderson and President Ed Bastian said: "During the six months since the closing of the Delta-Northwest merger, your hard work has been the driving force of our success in quickly delivering merger benefits to Delta customers, shareholders and employees worldwide. In short order, you have achieved hundreds of merger milestones - many ahead of schedule - and all with an eye toward running a great airline for our customers ... By any measure, you are doing a remarkable job and we want you to know that your hard work has not gone unnoticed."

Link

Tickets are Confirmed Positive Space :up: :up: :up: :up:

Mazel tov. :rolleyes:

Two ticket is nice... except that there's 4 of us in my family.

Hey, BTW I didn't see in the press release any mention of the fact that NWA employees are once again going to have to pay $50.00/annually for the "priviledge" of non-revving.

that is great news!

I love free things!

to travel to my hometown or anywhere my family lives its always two flights..
when the company offers something like this, it is a big deal, especially if it is confirmed positive space..

so I have to say..

thank you!

At least they're positive space; much better than impossible-to-redeem Sky Miles award tickets. :D

Kev is carrying the IAM's water, so while it doesn't surprise me with regards to his blatant bias against DAL management, his act has gotten rather stale.

Don't like what I write? Put me on ignore; it's easy, and you'll be much happier.

Be honest Kev, in your eyes (and the IAM's)Delta is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Do not put words in my mouth; you have no idea what I think DL mgmt. is doing right vs. what they're doing wrong (or what the IAM is doing right/wrong for that matter).

I'll give you a clue, though: IMO, DL has an uphill road ahead of them to overcome the collective doubt of NW employees. Their recent track record certainly isn't helping their cause. Having Anderson driving the company truck makes it that much more difficult, especially given his A) history at CO, and B) history at NW.

"Feel good" speeches and promises in the dark don't carry much water. Talk is cheap; it's time for them to deliver on what they've advertised.

Now back to the topic at hand...

STICK TO THE TOPIC: PS tickets on Delta. I've just deleted several personal attack posts on this thread. Keep it up and time off will be awarded.

If you don't ever like anything a particular member posts, use the ignore feature. It works beautifully. If you don't know how to use it, ask.

Well, i think it was a nice touch on DAL's part to reward the employees and it was out of the blue, and for that i am grateful. As for some NWA employees bitter about having to pay a yearly $50 fee for them and their families to fly UNLIMITED for an entire year, look at it like this, it costs $100 to upgrade to World Business Class one-way internationally, so is the $50 really all that bad?

Well, i think it was a nice touch on DAL's part to reward the employees and it was out of the blue, and for that i am grateful.

Good for you (honestly). Sure it's nice; it's just myopic, especially coming from a company that touts it's "family" culture.

If they actually made it so an employee's whole family could go, I'd be the first in line saying that it was a good idea (yes, really).

I also question their motives, but that's a discussion for another day.

As for some NWA employees bitter about having to pay a yearly $50 fee for them and their families to fly UNLIMITED for an entire year, look at it like this, it costs $100 to upgrade to World Business Class one-way internationally, so is the $50 really all that bad?

Somewhat irrelevant, as anyone traveling with kids isn't allowed upfront anyway, and flying in coach is/was free.

And yes, I think charging for the ability to non rev is poor form.

Remember, if you're not in the seat, it's going out empty anyway...

Well, i think it was a nice touch on DAL's part to reward the employees and it was out of the blue, and for that i am grateful. As for some NWA employees bitter about having to pay a yearly $50 fee for them and their families to fly UNLIMITED for an entire year, look at it like this, it costs $100 to upgrade to World Business Class one-way internationally, so is the $50 really all that bad?
I was a "nice touch that Dal rewarded the employees and it was out of the blue" what say you to them stopping flight benefits for their wholly owned subsidiary Comair on the same day?

I know, I know as long as it isn't effecting you, you don't care.

I was a "nice touch that Dal rewarded the employees and it was out of the blue" what say you to them stopping flight benefits for their wholly owned subsidiary Comair on the same day?

I know, I know as long as it isn't effecting you, you don't care.

I was unaware that DAL stopped Comair employees flight benefits. I've looked on Deltanet and came up empty, do you have any links to this news?

It's a nice touch that you guys are getting a pair of positive space tickets. Do you have to use them in a calendar year, or how long are they good for?)

Having Anderson driving the company truck makes it that much more difficult, especially given his A) history at CO, and B) history at NW.

Still don't trust him..... nuff said :unsure:

Anyway, I just wanted to know about the OA agreements (ie: ZED passes)?
I'm gonna miss flying you guys, and since we are leaving SkyTeam, we'll be on the very bottom of the priority list. The way it sounds, probably just ahead of the DCI, RHS, and DGS employees.........

Hope you guys enjoy them, since non-revving is hard enough!

I was unaware that DAL stopped Comair employees flight benefits. I've looked on Deltanet and came up empty, do you have any links to this news?

OH employees no longer travel at the same priority as M/L employees on M/L flights.

"Delta will adopt the NW policy which provides
mainline employees with higher boarding
priority than Delta Connection Carrier
employees on all mainline flights. "

It's a nice touch that you guys are getting a pair of positive space tickets. Do you have to use them in a calendar year, or how long are they good for?

They're good through August 31st 2012.

Still don't trust him..... nuff said

Me either. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.....

Anyway, I just wanted to know about the OA agreements (ie: ZED passes)?
I'm gonna miss flying you guys, and since we are leaving SkyTeam, we'll be on the very bottom of the priority list. The way it sounds, probably just ahead of the DCI, RHS, and DGS employees.........

Hope you guys enjoy them, since non-revving is hard enough!

I haven't got a clue about the OAL agreements, but I'm sure somebody will chime in with the info...