2 Free PS Tkts for Employees

I'm sure it tastes much like the IAM kool aid your so used to.
The IAM members do have to drink the kool aid. We enjoy drinking our beer. Wings and beer have to be better than the crap you have been forcing your employees to drink. "Mmmm, and it does go well with the chicken. Delicious again Peter."

The IAM members do have to drink the kool aid. We enjoy drinking our beer. Wings and beer have to be better than the crap you have been forcing your employees to drink. "Mmmm, and it does go well with the chicken. Delicious again Peter."

Is it wings and beer by choice, or is due to the fact that NWA IAM ACS employees make about .80 cents an hour less to do the same work as a DAL employee? I myself like a little steak and potato from time to time, though i now see why its only beer and wings for you. If that was negotiated by the IAM, i'd be looking for smaller union dues to go along with with your smaller paycheck. NWA IAM workers aren't even CLOSE to industry standard. Some contract 'ya got there.

Oh yeah, that .80 cents per hour doesn't include shift differential, which is .45 to .52 per hour. Oh my, the gap is widening as we speak.

Tell me, how much profit sharing did you get in 2007 on behalf of the mighty IAM? At Delta, we received 5.5% of our pay as a profit sharing bonus, and IAM NWA??? 3.77%

Or better yet, how much $$$ did you receive because you hit performance incentives??? At DAL, it was a healthy $800. IAM NWA??? $471. 'nuff said

Beer and wings for you indeed.

Is it wings and beer by choice, or is due to the fact that NWA IAM ACS employees make about .80 cents an hour less to do the same work as a DAL employee? I myself like a little steak and potato from time to time, though i now see why its only beer and wings for you. If that was negotiated by the IAM, i'd be looking for smaller union dues to go along with with your smaller paycheck. NWA IAM workers aren't even CLOSE to industry standard. Some contract 'ya got there.

Oh yeah, that .80 cents per hour doesn't include shift differential, which is .45 to .52 per hour. Oh my, the gap is widening as we speak.

Tell me, how much profit sharing did you get in 2007 on behalf of the mighty IAM? At Delta, we received 5.5% of our pay as a profit sharing bonus, and IAM NWA??? 3.77%

Or better yet, how much $$$ did you receive because you hit performance incentives??? At DAL, it was a healthy $800. IAM NWA??? $471. 'nuff said

Mr Fudgerun yard you are leaving the most important benefit NWA people have IAM pension plan, extra 1 week vacation, unlimited sick and OJI time. Just the pension alone is worth the extra 52 bucks a month unless you plan on working til you're 65.

Is it wings and beer by choice, or is due to the fact that NWA IAM ACS employees make about .80 cents an hour less to do the same work as a DAL employee?

In your quest to be antagonisitc, you actually bring up a good point. Remember, all that glitters isn't gold, and there's a whole lot more to our compensation package than hourly wage(s).

To wit:

* The premiums for DL's Gold plan are more than what we pay now. That's bad enough, but when you factor in that the co-insurance is FOUR TIMES what we have at NW (750 for a family vs. 3,000 at DL) it gets ridiculous, and that's the lowest one of the bunch; they all go up from there. Even factoring in $1500 "Delta dollars," it's still double.

* 2 extra weeks of vacation (4 vs. 6 unless you're grandfathered in with 5). That's 2 weeks more a year a DL employee needs to spend at work to make the same.

* 8.5 hour shifts vs. 8 (only start times between 0600-1059 work 8.5). I work 7.5 hour a day, but get paid for 8. My DL colleague is on the clock for 8.5 and only gets paid for 8.

I myself like a little steak and potato from time to time, though i now see why its only beer and wings for you. If that was negotiated by the IAM, i'd be looking for smaller union dues to go along with with your smaller paycheck. NWA IAM workers aren't even CLOSE to industry standard. Some contract 'ya got there.

Please explain why DL's "policies and procedures" which can be changed at anytime for any reason are better.

By the way, what is "industry standard?" Furthermore, we should be looking to be the best, not settling for mediocrity.

Oh yeah, that .80 cents per hour doesn't include shift differential, which is .45 to .52 per hour.

For once, we agree. Differential needs to make a return.

Along with that, tough, Leads here make $200/mo. ALA's make $135 (correct?). There's another cut I'd have to take.

Not sure about 2007, but I can tell you in 2008, my profit sharing came to $2355.06 (gross).

$564.74 here, plus an additional $680.25 for our holiday incentive program (all you needed to do was have perfect attendance for a set time).

In addition, I collected approx. $14000 when the IAM sold our unsecured claims coming out of BK. I'm guessing I was about average (full time, topped out, don't work much overtime).

How much did you guys get (honest question)?

'Nuff said.

Pass.

I don't eat meat, and rarely drink.

Mr Fudgerun yard you are leaving the most important benefit NWA people have IAM pension plan, extra 1 week vacation, unlimited sick and OJI time. Just the pension alone is worth the extra 52 bucks a month unless you plan on working til you're 65.

Quite right.

Here's a couple more:

*Retiree medical

*No SS offset

*And the most important of all-the one without which nothing else matters- Scope

Since we have 3 more paid holidays than NWA, you actually have 2 more paid days off than does DAL. Oh the humanity

As for sick time, NWA gives a maximum of 96 hours of sick time earned per year. Not exactly unlimited.

Same thing for OJI's....Earn 96 hrs of Occupational Injury Leave (OIL) per year. Perhaps you should read your contract again.

For on-going retirement benefits, Northwest makes contributions that average 5% of all participants' pay into the IAM National Pension Plan, whether or not you contribute any money to the Plan. The IAM National Pension Plan is a Defined Benefit Pension Plan. Employees can contribute separately to a 401(k) plan, but there are no separate employer contributions or matching contributions to this Plan.

For on-going retirement benefits, Delta sponsors a Defined Contribution Plan, to which Delta contributes up to 7% of eligible earnings. Delta contributes an amount equal to 2% of eligible earnings to your 401k account whether or not you contribute any money to the Plan. In addition, Delta matches another 5% of your contributions dollar for dollar.

As for sick time, NWA gives a maximum of 96 hours of sick time earned per year. Not exactly unlimited.

Same thing for OJI's....Earn 96 hrs of Occupational Injury Leave (OIL) per year. Perhaps you should read your contract again.

Maybe it's you who should go for another read....

96 hours a year for both is correct. However, you forgot the part that there is NO CAP on these accruals, or their usage. For example, I'm currently sitting on 895 hours of sick time, and 988 of OJI.

Instead of grasping at straws to try and bash what we have, could you please show me how 7 days of PPT is better?

For on-going retirement benefits, Northwest makes contributions that average 5% of all participants' pay into the IAM National Pension Plan, whether or not you contribute any money to the Plan. The IAM National Pension Plan is a Defined Benefit Pension Plan. Employees can contribute separately to a 401(k) plan, but there are no separate employer contributions or matching contributions to this Plan.

For on-going retirement benefits, Delta sponsors a Defined Contribution Plan, to which Delta contributes up to 7% of eligible earnings. Delta contributes an amount equal to 2% of eligible earnings to your 401k account whether or not you contribute any money to the Plan. In addition, Delta matches another 5% of your contributions dollar for dollar.

Your cut-n-paste abilities are second to none! :rolleyes:

Maybe it's you who should go for another read....

96 hours a year for both is correct. However, you forgot the part that there is NO CAP on these accruals, or their usage. For example, I'm currently sitting on 895 hours of sick time, and 988 of OJI.

Instead of grasping at straws to try and bash what we have, could you please show me how 7 days of PPT is better?

Your cut-n-paste abilities are second to none! :rolleyes:

Could i ask what happens to all those banked sick time/oji hours? Do they let you cash them out when you retire or something along those lines?

Also, i was unaware that you are allowed to clock out after 7 1/2 hours, which i freely admit is a BIG PLUS...is this system wide for all of NWA Fleet?

Since we have 3 more paid holidays than NWA, you actually have 2 more paid days off than does DAL. Oh the humanity

Delta's Defined Contribution Plan is frozen with no life support.