2 Free PS Tkts for Employees

Could i ask what happens to all those banked sick time/oji hours? Do they let you cash them out when you retire or something along those lines?

Currently, you can't cash 'em out. I'd like to see that change. I'd also like to see both of us be able to donate any of it to sick co-workers, instead of only being able to do so with vacation time. I know ERISA laws prevent that, but still...

With that said, I'm not looking at either accrual as a potential payout. I look at it as "insurance." I hope I *never* have to use it (again), but I'm sure glad it's there if I do.

Also, i was unaware that you are allowed to clock out after 7 1/2 hours, which i freely admit is a BIG PLUS...is this system wide for all of NWA Fleet?

I should have been more clear.

My shift is 8 hours total, however 1/2 hour of that is my lunch, which is paid. I get paid for all 8, hence me saying that I work 7.5, but get paid for 8.

And, yes, that applies systemwide to anyone who's start time is *not* between 0600-1059.

Don't forget the monthly the union dues. Last I heard with the increase its almost $1K a year.

But back to the topic I think that's a great perk for 2 positive space tickets. I know US would never fathom that idea for its employees.

Don't forget the monthly the union dues. Last I heard with the increase its almost $1K a year.

But back to the topic I think that's a great perk for 2 positive space tickets. I know US would never fathom that idea for its employees.
That's cause your company is not in a union organizing campaign. I've been in Delta for 14 years and it's always like this when a union vote comes. For example back in 1998 Delta converted all it's part-timers to associates from temp part time(try getting a home or car loan w/temp in front of your title), they gave us vacation, holiday pay, pension benefits, better pay, health care benefits, and buddy passes. Then in 1999-2000 TWU got another chance at it. Delta handed out free computers with a catch. You had to sign up for internet service with peoplepc and we also got a 3% raise. So you see these free tickets doesn't fool anybody.

That's cause your company is not in a union organizing campaign. I've been in Delta for 14 years and it's always like this when a union vote comes. For example back in 1998 Delta converted all it's part-timers to associates from temp part time(try getting a home or car loan w/temp in front of your title), they gave us vacation, holiday pay, pension benefits, better pay, health care benefits, and buddy passes. Then in 1999-2000 TWU got another chance at it. Delta handed out free computers with a catch. You had to sign up for internet service with peoplepc and we also got a 3% raise. So you see these free tickets doesn't fool anybody.
EVERYONE got the same computer deal.

Mazel tov. :rolleyes:

Two ticket is nice... except that there's 4 of us in my family.

Hey, BTW I didn't see in the press release any mention of the fact that NWA employees are once again going to have to pay $50.00/annually for the "privilege" of non-revving.

so, you want NW privs to go back the old way?
NW employees could be bumped out of line by any management--no matter DOH
NW no longer has to pay extra for upgraded classes
NW is now allowed non-dependents on PNR
You now have 6 S2 priorities
You now retain priority from origination flts
and so on.. you don't think that's worth $50 year? get your buddies to pay it

and YES, nonrev privileges are JUST that

Good for you (honestly). Sure it's nice; it's just myopic, especially coming from a company that touts it's "family" culture.

If they actually made it so an employee's whole family could go, I'd be the first in line saying that it was a good idea (yes, really).

I also question their motives, but that's a discussion for another day.

Somewhat irrelevant, as anyone traveling with kids isn't allowed upfront anyway, and flying in coach is/was free.

And yes, I think charging for the ability to non rev is poor form.

Remember, if you're not in the seat, it's going out empty anyway...

But, Kev--you can always take the front seat and stick your spouse in the back with the kids until they turn 6 (that;s the new age req'd for business/first--which I really don't get at all, but I don't have any adorable cherubs of my own--if I'd had them I'd have eaten them!! and we won't hesitate to put step teens in coach any time) It's pretty rare to get domestic up front even with 23 yrs seniority! I won't fly INT in coach anyway--I am such a spoiled brat!! (but well-behaved)

But, Kev--you can always take the front seat and stick your spouse in the back with the kids until they turn 6 (that;s the new age req'd for business/first--which I really don't get at all, but I don't have any adorable cherubs of my own--if I'd had them I'd have eaten them!! and we won't hesitate to put step teens in coach any time) It's pretty rare to get domestic up front even with 23 yrs seniority! I won't fly INT in coach anyway--I am such a spoiled brat!! (but well-behaved)

I'm pretty sure that in the interest of "family harmony," that it'd be me in the back, while my wife was upfront. :lol:

I'm pretty sure that in the interest of "family harmony," that it'd be me in the back, while my wife was upfront. :lol:
...which is why most trips have outbound and return legs. You could probably even get a gate agent to flip a coin for you and the Mrs. to decide who gets to go up front on the outbound leg. Of course, you both have to agree that the one up front has to take a trip down the aisle with a double strength drink in hand at least once during the flight.

Same here.
The bigger problem is when it is you,your spouse,and a 4 year old,and you are told the only seats left are 1B,16B,and26B.

Same here.
The bigger problem is when it is you,your spouse,and a 4 year old,and you are told the only seats left are 1B,16B,and26B.
This scenario seems to happen to us a lot...traveling with a family of 5, you can imagine the possibilities of seat assignments. It was worse for the kids (and us parents) when they were younger but after 6 years of flying space-a, they seem to be used to taking whatever seat is assigned, although we always ask if someone would be willing to trade so we can be somewhat closer together...I can only recall one time where a pax did not want to swap.

Being in the military also, we recently had to resort to a space-a flight on a C-5 from Hickam just to be able to get back to CONUS..we've had all kind of strange routings just to get back home.