2008 Political Conventions

tech2101

Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
Reality
Visit site
I'll poke some fun at the dems. Anyone have a schedule for the Republicans?

2008 Demcratic National Convention Schedule

7:00 P.M. Opening flag burning.
7:15 P.M. Pledge of allegiance to U.N.
7:30 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast
7:30 till 8:00 P.M. Nonreligious prayer and worship led by Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.
8:00 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
8:05 P.M. Ceremonial tree hugging.
8:15- 8:30 P.M. Gay Wedding-- Barney Frank and Rosie O'Donnell presiding.
8:30 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
8:35 P.M. Free Iraqi war criminals Rally led by Cindy Sheehan and Susan Sarandon.
9:00 P.M. Keynote speech: "The proper etiquette for surrender," by French President Jacques Chirac
9:15 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
9:20 P.M. Collection to benefit Osama Bin Laden kidney transplant fund
9:30 P.M. Unveiling of plan to free freedom fighters from Guantanamo Bay, read by Sean Penn.
9:40 P.M. "Why I hate the Military," a short talk by William Jefferson Clinton
9:45 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
9:50 P.M. Dan Rather presented Truth in Broadcasting award by Michael Moore.
9:55 P.M., Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
10:00 P.M. "How George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld brought down the World Trade Center Towers," a dissertation by Howard Dean.
10:30 P.M. Nomination of Hillary Rodham-Clinton for president by Mahmoud Ahmedinijad, seconded by Kim Jung Il.
11:00 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
11:05 P.M. Al Gore reinvents the internet.
11:15 P.M. "Our Troops are War criminals," a speech by John Kerry.
11:30 P.M. Coronation of Mrs. Rodham-Clinton.
12:00 A.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
12:05 A.M. Bill asks Ted to drive Hillary home.

Anyone have a schedule for the Republicans?
There are several version on the web; here is one:

Republican National Convention Schedule for 2008

7:00 P.M. opening prayer and cross burning by Jesse Helms and members of the North Carolina KKK

7:20 P.M. "Pubic Hair and Soft Drinks" presented by Clarence Thomas

7:40 Mark Foley leads another prayer while groping a underage senate page

7:50 John McCain is asked by security to leave since he is at the wrong convention

8:10 Dick Chaney and Charlton Heston take turns picking off "terrorists" who are cleverly disguised as caterers

8:30 love offering is taken up for the poor convicted executives of Enron

8:45 (Intermission) John Ashcroft rips out a new version of his semi-song "Let the Eagle soar"

9:00 Laura Bush addresses the crowd on how she murdered her ex-boyfried in 1963 and local officials deemed it "involuntary manslaughter"

9:15 An alter is erected center stage for Ronald Reagan and Communion is administered with Strom Thurmond's rotting corpse used as the host.

9:30 Arnold Schwarznegger and Maria Shriver are removed from the premises for being traitors and closeted Democrats

9:45 Trent Lott catches a young latino man touching his cavier and promptly has him shot on spot.

10:00 George Bush fumbling around for words asserts Kanye West's feeling that he does indeed hate black people.

10:30 Gay protestors are arrested outside. Dick Cheney also offers to sacrifice his lesbian daughter to prove he has good morals.

11:45 "John Kerry looks like Herman Munster" by Rush Limbaugh

12:00 Dick Cheney offers the closing remarks and elegantly tells the crowd to "go fu*k themself"

12:05 Ann Coulter speaks of the dangers of women with the right to vote, forgetting that she is equipped with a Vagina

12:10 The convention closes with no Republican nomination for president since McCain left the party and the constitution will not allow Arnie to run

Anybody remember the good old days when Jerry Rubin,Abbie Hoffman and SDS did the Chi-town gig?

Dell if your referring the the Chicago Seven...."this court is bullsh!t." incident, No I don't remember. I was starting to really take an Interest in girls about that time and politics was the last thing on my mind. :lol:

Anybody remember the good old days when Jerry Rubin,Abbie Hoffman and SDS did the Chi-town gig?

I was not alive during the incident or during the time of the yippies... but it is still a part of my town's history and it comes up quite often during election times.

The last time the dems had the convention here -- 1996 -- a bunch of modern-hippies and folks from our artsy neighborhoods got together in lincoln park in an attempt to do what Abbie Hoffman couldn't do -- put on a woodstock-type event with flowing drugs and quasi-political/revolution talk. From all accounts, it did not succeed.

I was not alive during the incident or during the time of the yippies... but it is still a part of my town's history and it comes up quite often during election times.

The last time the dems had the convention here -- 1996 -- a bunch of modern-hippies and folks from our artsy neighborhoods got together in lincoln park in an attempt to do what Abbie Hoffman couldn't do -- put on a woodstock-type event with flowing drugs and quasi-political/revolution talk. From all accounts, it did not succeed.

Much like the Pelosi/Murtha Dem's and Iraq?

Good morning Veetnam

Latest posts