375 openings for f/a's in phl for june

Status
Not open for further replies.
this i can confirm cause i just can't take it anymore. there will be displacemnts out of pit&clt and there will be invol recalls.

This could be a part of it...Not sure I see the need for more cash now unless...

March 13, 2006
US Airways Group, Inc.
$143,750,000 7% Senior Convertible Notes Due 2020
Guaranteed by US Airways, Inc. and America West Airlines, Inc.
and
the Common Stock Issuable Upon Conversion of the Notes

well i am going to be offline . i am leaving for the a/p to catch a 720 pm flt up to phl. hopefully by the time i get in something has come out. i just want to say to the people who have been through hell and back with this thread . i am truly sorry. these were not my intentions. i want to welcome back anyone who will be recalled . i can't wait to fly with you guys. your the best.

Aren't all the 190's going to be staffed in Philly? That really wouldn't be all that soon to get crews trained and ready to start flying in the fall.

Only two (2) E190's in Nov then only one a month after that.
Don't think it will take from Jun to Nov to staff for an entire fleet that takes two years to arrive. Maybe something else??

RF

Only two (2) E190's in Nov then only one a month after that.
Don't think it will take from Jun to Nov to staff for an entire fleet that takes two years to arrive. Maybe something else??

RF
If heard the 190s will be CLT. Makes more sense since its similar to the F100 or MD80

THIS IS FROM THE MEC COUNCIL 66 E LINE

East Furlough Recalls, What It Means To You

Management plans to announce tomorrow approximately 600* furlough recalls to the east operation. Between 320-370 of these furloughs will be back on line by June. Approximately 1,690 involuntary furloughs remain on the east side.

Additionally, vacancy lists have been posted for certain East bases, namely PHL and that there may be displacements in PIT because that base is over-staffed. These vacancy/transfer and displacement announcements affect East Flight Attendants only.

These recalls, vacancies and displacements DO NOT affect us in PHX. The Transition Agreement prevents any bump/flush out of our base during the period of seperate operations. Further, the recall of these furloughed Flight Attendants are to the east bases only. The company is going to allow the furloughed east flight attendants - who accepted jobs here in PHX - the option of not contining in class here but to go back east if they are recalled. Those new-hire classes start today.

Importantly, it is in our best interests (west Flight Attendants), that the company go through the east recall list and right-size the staffing at each east base prior to operational integration, which is planned for mid-next year. It is important to us that the east operation is adjusted to fit the flying planned at each base and to get through the vacancy postings, transfers and displacements now.

Four factors contributed to this heavy recall number.

1. VFLR's. Just under 100 east Flight Attendants signed up for this leave-of-absence, all of them senior. A VFLR is a voluntary furlough which contains an financial incentive to take the leave. These flight attendants cannot return until all involuntary furloughs are recalled, and if they come back, they go to the bottom of the seniority list and at starting pay, they will be junior to everyone, including any/all west Flight Attendants.

2. Increased International Flying. The PHL base will see added flights to Lisbon, Stockholm and Milan and there is a need for about 340 additional flight attendants in that base to conduct that new flying.

3. Attrition/Retirements. The number of Flight Attendants leaving the east side because of quits/terminations and retirements continues each month and no recalls or hiring has taken place in the east since mid-2001.

4. East bidding cycles. East Flight Attendants bid in April for June, May for July, etc. This two-month-out bid process, coupled with furlough recall procedures in the AFA East contract, means that the company must initiate the recall now to plan for June and summer months.

i am here waiting like you are. i haven't got the call yet so chill. iam really ready to just post it but was told not too until the company puts it our. the balls in their court now.

i am getting a little frustrated myself
Hey etops...they will be doing a recall of f/a. Mike was at was in phx to see us...he offers us the option to go back to leave and wait to see if we will be recalled. There will be a recall of around 300 at first. The union had the nerve to come in and tell us this information and give us 2 hrs to make a decide on staying or going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back