4th quarter results

gaucho99

Senior
Dec 21, 2006
Local radio in Phoenix is saying LCC 4th quarter financial results to be about an 85 Million dollar loss. Official announcement tomorrow. Improving, but not there yet.

85 million sounds about right. That should bring the total for 2009 right around 650 million. Give or take a few (million). :shock:

US lost 543 mill for the yr and a 79 mil loss 4th quarter
The company reported a net loss of $79 million for the fourth quarter 2009, or ($0.49) per share, compared to a loss of $543 million, or ($4.76) per share for the fourth quarter 2008. For the year we reported a net loss of $205 million, or ($1.54) per share, compared to a net loss of $2.2 billion, or ($22.11) per share in 2008.

US has done well for 2009 versus 2008 given the difficult economy by improving in several financial areas including:
Balance Sheet items:
* Cash & equivalents - 23% improvement
* Restricted Cash - 11% improvement
* Current liabilities - 8% improvement
Income Statement items:
* Other revenue (primarily bag fees & choice seats) – 21% improvement
* Total Fuel (including hedging) – 52% improvement
* Salaries – 3% improvement
* A/C MX – 11% improvement
* Operating Income $118M income vs. ($1,800M) loss in 4Q2008

These results were achieved with a 17.5% drop in Mainline Revenues due primarily to lower yields (13.7% lower) and lower RPMs (4.4% drop). With a 0.2% improvement in load factor it seems clear that these declines were the result of soft global and domestic travel demand in 2009 which pushed ticket prices down in order for all carriers to fill seats. US has responded appropriately to the recessionary environment and managed to turn a respectable operating profit in 2009.

The company’s liquidity and solvency ratios remain critically low as high fuel prices and economic forces in 2008 & 2009 assaulted the company’s long-term financial position. Shareholders remain in deficit position meaning US owes more to its creditors than it currently holds in assets by $355M. The overall long-term health of the airline will depend on management’s ability to continue to make operating incomes while reducing both long and short term debt.

My views have not changed , as long as the us economy continues to die so shall we. I feel we will close our doors at the tail end of this year or start of the next.

Well, I woke up this morning
And I got myself a beer.
Well, I woke up this morning
And I got myself a beer.

The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.