5% wage deferal to stop

----------------
On 7/28/2003 4:00:52 PM MarkMyWords wrote:

Pity -

Thank you for your efforts on behalf of the employees.  I must admitt that I never expected the 5% back until next year, but it is a very welcome offering and greatly appreciated.

----------------​

No Mark. Thank YOU. I know you do something up in CCY. And you do get management's attention. I know this for a fact. You bring attention to us all, and that MAKES a huge difference, than being ignored.

I still owe you. You are good people, I know this as sure as I'm sitting here.

Again, thanks to you and management for this rightful decision.

----------------
On 7/28/2003 5:26:42 PM 757fixer wrote:

Please dont feel sorry for me.I got to quit!All though I wont be there pulling with you anymore I'll still be pulling for all of you.Continue to fight the good fight.Don't let the revolving door of mismanagment beat you down.

----------------​

757fixer,
As long as you are leaving on "Your Terms"?...all is well.

I hate that we are losing yet another 'True Professional" from our ranks. Truly !!

Best of luck to you in your new venture...I'm sure you will do well.

AOG-N-IT
1.gif

Analyst. Do you have any original thoughts, or do you just read USAirways Today and re spin CMD,s pitiful whining? PITbull...thanks to your group for getting our stolen funds back!

To all my friends at US,

I am delighted to hear that you have been given the 5% back. I hope that those of us on the outside who communicated our displeasure with this unfair move had a small part in changing Dave's mind. For whatever reason, he has done the right thing here-I sincerely hope he continues in that path.

Not to sound like a broken record, and you know how I feel about you guys and gals on the front line, but now let's hope they can give you some of the tools back to make your job a little easier, and to add some more of the value back to the product you provide so well. It's time to stop being penny wise and pound foolish. Management needs to consider perceptions here.

As great a job as you folks do, the aircraft are still embarrasing on the inside-I found an Einstein cooky crushed on the floor in front of my seat the other night-and about a week's supply of used napkins in the seat pocket--INSTEAD of an Attache magazine. If you are trying to distinguish yourselves from the LCC's this isn't the way you want to be perceived. Bring back silver and glass in F class--you aren't saving all that much and it's embarrassing. Is it the end of the world? NO! But does it make you look cheap? YUP!

You also need to stop the cutting--you CANNOT shrink the airline into profitability. You CAN, however, make some strategic service increases which will increase yield and give us business travelers some LOGICAL choices. And hire a marketing staff who knows how to solidify the relationships you have with your best customers, not destroy them (listening, BBB?) Try to reach potential NEW customers as well. DL is losing a great number of their elite flyers due to the bonehead changes to Skymiles--they are in for a shock when the final level of changes take effect. BE PROACTIVE--go after these customers!!! Give a superior product (I think you already do) for a fair price--and TELL people about it.

Finally, and you know this is coming, FIX THE DARNED FARES. America West made a profit WITHOUT the federal money, and they credit it to the rationalization of their fare structure. I realize the costs are higher, so I think the fares could be adjusted slightly, but the CONCEPT works. Forget the $99 once a year flier-it's fine if you get them but ok if you don't--either way you lost money. I won't go on with another diatribe.

Bottom line--Dave (or someone up there) is to be commended for doing the right thing here. I hope the momentum continues, and that all of U (employee groups AND management) can all get along and work as a team to truly build the airline to be as great as I know it can be.

Thanks and best wishes to you all.

Art,

Thanks for your words.

This is surely perceived as a "beginning" of repair of employee morale. Let's hope mangement does not do anything to upset this momentum.

I am truly pleased, and you know I have stated repeatedly on these boards that I would not rest until this is rightlfully returned.

Now, I take a moment to catch my breath.

Thank-you Management.

The common wisdom around the shop I work in was, that our
5% investment was money down the drain, that we would
never it see agian.

The return of this money is very encouraging news, and
goes a long way in restoring our trust in the
intentions of management.

With the ecomony the way it is, we all can use this
money back. Also, I'm glad to see that the company
won't have to pay back a year and a half worth
of investments during a "who knows what kind of economy".

Prayerfully we as a company have hit bottom, and this
is the first step upward. Let us continue upward by
being the best, each one of us.

Again, Thank-You David and Co.

Well on behalf of those cities who were downsized to mainline/express and the many more to come..this little announcement takes us from a 52pct paycut back to 47pct...am i happy...sure.....but the worst is yet to come for a large majority of these employees as this company takes those rj orders ....the new payscales suck and the customer service and working conditions in those express cities is horrendous at times....this 5pct return is a temporary bandaid for the bleeding that will be taking place in the near future for the large majority of mainline employees...this company wants to be number one in cust svc then they need to reevaluate this tremendous paycut they forced on mainline/express and make everyone want to do a good job and not just come to work with the i dont care about anything attitude...because thats the reality of it.......

To Piney and AOG,thanks for your good wishes.After a 22 year investment in this place I'm going to miss the place(really).But I was presented with an opportunity I could not refuse.Get this,day shift and weekends off.What the hell is that.I have no intentions of forgeting about my family at US.I still plan on reading this board daily and if my travel plans call for flying,well you know who I'll be flying.

If you want to read a funny line, go to the IAM website and they make it sound like Dave & Co caved in to the IAM's demand of return of the 5%. Seems to me they were only about a month behind all the other unions sending letters to Dave requesting a return of the 5%. Maybe U is really scared of the fighting machinists!!!!!!! Yeah....Right!!!!
9.gif

As one of the many persons who went from mainline (Pit) to mainline express (Cle) the 5% return is welcome news... Even though I did my move on my own accord, there were others who didnt. I jumped ship cause the handwriting on the wall said mainline in Pit is just a shell of what it use to be, and in my eyes the future didnt look too good.
And with the politics of Allegheny and USAirways going head to head, the only losing person(S) will be the will be employees who end up going to mainline express or MDA..(if and when they come on line). I took a calculated risk and only time will tell me if I was right or wrong

I must confess - I'm amazed we're getting the 5% back. And am cynical enough to look for the hook.

Kudos to Dave for doing the right thing.

Ditto for Pitbull and company for putting the heat on. AFA has the biggest stones!

And for our customer support on this issue, thank you.

A320Driver, this had to make your day!

I have to agree with Dave on one issue. This does not mean we're out of the woods. So long as this airline is operated, priced and marketed as it has been, profits will be rare. Improvements in these areas will make me even happier than the 5% return.

Now, where's the bubbly?
3.gif

I feel great reading all the positive posts from you guys rather than the usual negative feelings.
Lets get this airline back to where it should be.