7 ways to annoy your flight attendant

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
7 Ways to Annoy a Flight Attendant

Our anonymous flight attendant has worked for a well-known commercial airline for 12 years. She dishes on what irritates her most in passenger behavior.

1. Bring your pet on the plane and then act like an animal.

Over the years, I've seen a pet on a passenger's lap, a pet tucked into a seatback pocket, and a pet loose in the aisle (I nearly hit one with my beverage cart). All of this is against federal regulations. People tell me how well-behaved their pet is, but they can't follow the rules themselves! Your pet must stay in its carrier while you're on the plane. Yes, even if you've paid a "pet-in-cabin" fee.

2. Shove your bag into the first bin you see and then walk to your seat in the back of the plane.

You think you're clever, I know. You expect to grab your bag on your way out of the plane, but you're selfishly inconveniencing others. I can't lie and say we flight attendants don't take some small satisfaction when we tell you, "We couldn't identify the bag's owner, so we sent it to cargo." It's a security issue, for real. Carry-ons need to stay near their owners! So don't look so shocked when we say, "The signs will direct you to baggage claim. You can pick up your bag there."

full article here

My personal favorite is number 4. Always amazed me how people managed to pack a bag, get it in the trunk of the car, out from there and through the airport garage, into the terminal, through security and down the concourse. As soon as it is at their assigned seat it becomes unmanageable.

Seriously, you're not too smart if you ANNOY a flight attendant, especially up in first or business class. I worked with an F/A who once told me that he dated a flight attendant and had to break up with her. I asked why? He said, because he watched her one day on a flight they were working together, she put some ice cubes into her mouth, swirled them around, and placed it in a plastic cup and served it to a first class passenger. He was freaked. He later thought, wow, what would she do to me if she was angry at me. He broke up with her.
Pick your battles wisely, huh?

Latest posts