A.a. Signs 25 Year Lease On Mcie!

MCI transplant

Veteran
Jun 4, 2003
:shock: Our local news has reported tonight that American Airlines has come to agreement with the City of Kansas City, and signed a twenty five year lease on at least part of MCIE & garenteed a min. of 700 jobs! At presant there are aprox. 1500 employees currently working here. Further details will be fortcomming! It has been reported that the City, & State, will be putting $80 Mil. into the renevation of this facility! :p

I don't want to rain n the parade, but isn't that what UA did in IND with their MX Hangar. Then UA had to pay the state money because UA did not live up to their end of the deal. Just my thoughts..........

Bankruptcy is the easiest way out of ALL agreements.

This means nothing!

By the way, 700 minimum employees. Can include any classification!

I am surprised they actually signed it because it seems like everywhere else they are cutting overhead.

Hopeful said:
Bankruptcy is the easiest way out of ALL agreements.
This means nothing!

By the way, 700 minimum employees. Can include any classification!
[post="245360"][/post]​
<_< Hopeful----- You know that's quit a handle! Your name says it all!!! :p

MCI transplant said:
<_< Hopeful----- You know that's quit a handle! Your name says it all!!! :p
[post="245394"][/post]​

Why? It can't happen?

Another reason I bring up bankruptcy is reality. Has anyone here ever wondered how AA can pay off $23,000,000,000.00 off in debt? If anyone thinks that once AA is done raping us may be in for a surprise. Why not use the bankruptcy courts to now screw the creditors?

Hopeful said:
Why? It can't happen?

Another reason I bring up bankruptcy is reality. Has anyone here ever wondered how AA can pay off $23,000,000,000.00 off in debt? If anyone thinks that once AA is done raping us may be in for a surprise. Why not use the bankruptcy courts to now screw the creditors?
[post="245400"][/post]​
<_< You know! You people are so predictable! Always with the negative! No" Congragulations! I hope this works out for you!" :down: :down: :down:

Do you not realize how many years of big profits it will take to burn this debt off?

Excuse me for not being more optimistic. But the people running the airlines only look to cut salaries and beneifts to make profits. When that is not enough, they turn to the bankruptcy courts.

You and I are living through the worst times of the airline industry, I don't see how you can chastise me for being negative.

The reports I get are that the 700 jobs includes management, stores, facility/auto maint, fleet service(both at the hanagr and terminal) and AMT's(both at the hanagr and terminal). Projected AMT jobs in MCI after the summer is less than 350. As with most AA or twu news, the good comes with alot of bad. So congrats on the hangar but prepare for the worst......

I would be better news, of course, if AA had announced a dramatic expansion of MCI plus the hiring of thousands of AMTs.

But back to reality. This is much better news than the UAL mechanics in IND received a couple years ago.

FWAAA said:
I would be better news, of course, if AA had announced a dramatic expansion of MCI plus the hiring of thousands of AMTs.

But back to reality. This is much better news than the UAL mechanics in IND received a couple years ago.
[post="245446"][/post]​
<_< Thank you!!!

Currently we have approx 1320 union employees here at MCIE. TO be hopeful would be to state that SIS will again be offered and some of the members that are able will take it if offerres, if not, life goes on.

I'm actually seeing my impending furlough as a good part of my life. I can now go and secure employment at a job that does not render bad news daily. It's true that the money will not be there, but you know, my health is worth a whole lot more. Imagine, not having to deal with the TWU/AMFA/AA anymore, I feel better already!!!

While furloughs are probably likely, I hope that nobody looks at the 700 minimum number to which AA agreed as the new actual number of employees.

That's the minimum, and AA would have smartly negotiated that number as low as possible.

But that doesn't mean that AA is gonna immediately go down to that number. If that were the plan, AA would have negotiated a much smaller floor (like 300).

FWAAA said:
While furloughs are probably likely, I hope that nobody looks at the 700 minimum number to which AA agreed as the new actual number of employees.

That's the minimum, and AA would have smartly negotiated that number as low as possible.

But that doesn't mean that AA is gonna immediately go down to that number. If that were the plan, AA would have negotiated a much smaller floor (like 300).
[post="245489"][/post]​

First, congrats. and good luck MCI. I wish the 700 minimum is the MINIMUM. But what do the numbers say? How many management types? Remember, AA can NOT be trusted. If you think they can be remember the "shared sacrifice" motto.

MCI Transplant, I am not trying to be negative. I truely wish for the best for you and all AMTs. But time will tell. The twu would gladly have all AMTs removed from MCI and be replaced with OSMs. Look at what burchette is preaching at Tulsa. It makes sense for AA to lump all overhaul under one lowered blanket of skill title.

Again, good luck.

Latest posts

Back