A.a. Signs 25 Year Lease On Mcie!

MCI,

I would like to say congratulations to all in Kansas City. I hope this achievement is a sign of some positive recovery for our ailing industry....

Good Luck to all :up:

HSS

you know this is all smoke and mirrors say goodnight sweetheart. Kc people you were the best mechnics in the industry. you kept TWA the best airline in the world safe. God bless you all. :down:

MCI transplant said:
:shock: Our local news has reported tonight that American Airlines has come to agreement with the City of Kansas City, and signed a twenty five year lease on at least part of MCIE & garenteed a min. of 700 jobs! At presant there are aprox. 1500 employees currently working here. Further details will be fortcomming! It has been reported that the City, & State, will be putting $80 Mil. into the renevation of this facility! :p
[post="245339"][/post]​

The lease is not signed. The Kansas City, City Council only approved the the city and AA to go forward towards signing the lease. Details of the lease will be discussed at their City Council meeting, next Thursday, and the lease is expected to be signed within 10 days.

My World said:
The lease is not signed. The Kansas City, City Council only approved the the city and AA to go forward towards signing the lease. Details of the lease will be discussed at their City Council meeting, next Thursday, and the lease is expected to be signed within 10 days.
[post="245518"][/post]​

Well, hopefully the city will hold AA to the 700 when the lease is signed......

Why should AA sign a lease. Let's put things in perspective. Three overhaul facilities??
What airline has three overhaul bases besides AA? With the current financial state of American and the Airline industry we should be consolidating. Tulsa and AFW should start running 24/7 operations and AA should shut down Kansas City. I don't want to see jobs lost, but with keeping Kansas City open one would have to think that something has to be sacrificed to supplement the financial commitment of operating three overhaul bases. 700 employees at a overhaul facility is hardly a profitable venture. Move the operations over to Tulsa and AFW. This will save money and save jobs. It makes good financial sense.

1AA said:
Why should AA sign a lease. Let's put things in perspective. Three overhaul facilities??
What airline has three overhaul bases besides AA? With the current financial state of American and the Airline industry we should be consolidating. Tulsa and AFW should start running 24/7 operations and AA should shut down Kansas City. I don't want to see jobs lost, but with keeping Kansas City open one would have to think that something has to be sacrificed to supplement the financial commitment of operating three overhaul bases. 700 employees at a overhaul facility is hardly a profitable venture. Move the operations over to Tulsa and AFW. This will save money and save jobs. It makes good financial sense.
[post="245617"][/post]​

What makes good financial sense is to have MCI ready to work airplanes quickly if UAL or USAir go down.

My World said:
What makes good financial sense is to have MCI ready to work airplanes quickly if UAL or USAir go down.
[post="245619"][/post]​
<_< I believe your right on that one. If U, or UAL should go down, to maxamize it's position, a.a. would need to expand it's facilities quikely! MCI would provide them with the flexablity to do that!

MCI transplant said:
<_< I believe your right on that one. If U, or UAL should go down, to maxamize it's position, a.a. would need to expand it's facilities quikely! MCI would provide them with the flexablity to do that!
[post="245626"][/post]​

Maybe that is what AA is thinking. 1AA is correct in that it would make more sense to shut down MCI and consolidate into AFW and TUL. Everywhere else, AA is vacating facilities it does not need so one would assume that they would do the same thing in MCI. But it would cost AA in the short term to shut down MCI (Shutdown costs, severence, and environmental cleanup cost issues, etc.) Perhaps they will keep the small portion they leased open with minimum staff to do third party work and if UA and/or US shuts down, they could increase MCI immediately to handle the sudden increase in work load.

aafsc said:
Maybe that is what AA is thinking. 1AA is correct in that it would make more sense to shut down MCI and consolidate into AFW and TUL. Everywhere else, AA is vacating facilities it does not need so one would assume that they would do the same thing in MCI. But it would cost AA in the short term to shut down MCI (Shutdown costs, severence, and environmental cleanup cost issues, etc.) Perhaps they will keep the small portion they leased open with minimum staff to do third party work and if UA and/or US shuts down, they could increase MCI immediately to handle the sudden increase in work load.
[post="245647"][/post]​
<_< Yep! I think that's what I said! As for envirmental problems, from what I've heard of the lease agreement, it sounds like a.a. has pretty much got out from under what little there is here. We'll have to wait and see on the rest of it.

Latest posts

Back