A Fond Farewell

usairrwe

Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Good morning.... I wish to say a Good bye to Usairways employees...after much consideration and of course another job offer, I turned my resignation in Yesterday..I am an employee of 20 plus years.... No buyout and I am too young to retire (although nothing to retire from).... I do sincerly hope that Usair makes it, as I don't want to see it fold, however operational this company is so totally F==ked up and that is my opinion, having been at DCA for my entire career... I was in Customer Service....

Thanks for the people I have met and the friendships that have developed, as I will stay in contact with all.... I will continue to monitor this board and on occassions I will offer my opinions as well.... Once again, I hope you all make it.....

Best of Luck to you :up: ,
As someone who left US just over 2yrs ago (furloughed) after 16yrs . I can honestly say I know how you feel . It's always difficult to walk away from an unfinished job. It's sad to see what remains of what used to be a great airline. I left a part of me with those who remain .

Just my .02

Best wishes to you, I know it wasn't an easy decision for you to make as you leave behind what was a great company and many friends.
Feel good knowing that those who moved on before you have found greener pastures and careers that actually reward you for your time, experience and hard work.

Best of luck,

Hugh McKerlie
Selling Fort Lauderdale With A European Flair!

Good luck sir. It was a pleasure to work with you in DC. Send me a PM and let me know what you're going to be up to. Tell everyone in DC (those that are left) I miss working with them. Good luck to you! :up:

Good luck to you, and best wishes in your new endeavor. As a customer who has most likely met you at one time or another in DCA let me offer thanks for the great service you helped provide your passengers in DCA.

You and others like you will be sorely missed by us, the regular customers as well as your colleagues.

Best wishes,

Art at ISP

Best of Luck to you!

I too have 20 going on 21 yrs, in 3 1/2 yrs I'm putting my papers in,.
I should post my clock Jun 01,2009..

Good For You!

The friends are the most difficut leaving, it sure as HELL is not this FIASCO of a COMPANY!!

I'll bring a smile to everyone, I took a few night classes in Feb, we had to introduce our selves and say where we worked, when it WAS my turn, I said ,
" I work at the airport and embarassed and ashamed to say who I work for."
No one asked me .
They thought it wa CO..

My answer-No..

There will be a few things you will miss , but overall in 6 months from now you will wish you had left sooner . Godspeed usairrwe !

you hot it right on the head nothing to retire from
everything has been stripped away from us except are pride

I destroyed the uniforms a few weeks ago. Leaving the airport on my last day was most difficult. Looking back, I think I was afraid of the uncertainty of tomorrow. I think that is what most of those feel who remain at U...fear of the unknown tomorrow. Now? Not a day goes by without my being glad I'm gone. Blood pressure has got to be coming down (will find out next week for sure.) Will have to admit I miss a FEW people. Never got the chance to tell a few others what I really thought of them and where they could go. All and all, in a month you will look back and say, "It was good to leaved." You will do fine. Wish you the best.