A fond farewell.....I'm going to miss the "angels"

May 19, 2003
Visit site
Well my last connection to US is about to come to an end. I've just booked the last of my miles for a ticket for my son to go to Europe in June and bum around with some friends before entering the real world. He finally graduates in a couple of months from GA Tech with straight A's in EE.

As luck would have it, one the angels on the CP desk offered to call inventory and free up a seat for him over the pond. She knew my name from one of our several visits to the desk. Even better luck was the lady in inventory used to be on the desk as well and in her words "had gained a few pounds from all the candy" we have taken there over time. She also mentioned that she just loves those cockroaches. Needless to say she opened the envoy seats for me.

So given I'm not flying US any more and all of my miles are now gone, a long and great relationship is now coming to a close. It was examples like this that kept me loyal and you have no idea how much I'm going to miss the "angels".

So to the ladies and gentlemen on the desk, you are the best and you will be missed. I've found nothing on any other airline that comes close to the service you provide. I wish for all of you nothing but the best and much happiness in the years to come. Thanks for the many years of service you offered to me and my family.

To the rest who post and lurk here, from the G/A's to the F/A's and the ground crews, mechanics and pilots, thanks to you as well. The warm smiles at the end of a hard week of flying from the counter agents to the flight attendents, the helpful manner in which you tried to make things right when all around us was going wrong during irregluar ops where always noted and always appreciated. There were many nights in 20 years in which your smile was a welcome refuge. You became like family to me and for that I'm very grateful.

To the ground crews, mechanics and pilots who I never meet, thanks to you as well. In twenty years I never felt unsafe on any US flight. Even when things went wrong with the bird, I knew you were trying your best to get me where I needed to go and as quickly as possible. After putting my life in your hands for twenty years and always getting "there" safely, I thank you as well. And this even includes those who cleaned the "lav". :D

As my good buddy Art says....My best to you all. Thanks for the many years of service, friendship, and safety. May you experence nothing but happiness and joy in the coming years.

Thanks for the kind words and your business throughout the years. I'm assuming that you aquired those mile flying business and no longer travel? please don't tell me you decided to take the bus !

Thanks for the kind words and your business throughout the years. I'm assuming that you aquired those mile flying business and no longer travel? please don't tell me you decided to take the bus !
No bus in my future..... :D

Yes I've flown for the past 25 years for business, most of the time loyal to US and PI before that, with the exception of three or years on NW while living in the tundra of WI. Hopefully I have another 20 years or so of flying in me, but unless something changes, very little of it will be on US. Too much water under the bridge at this point, but that has all been covered in other posts here.

I will say this, in the past the year of being on other metal, the thing I miss the most are the pro's on the front line of US. You are the best I've seen.

Longing,

That post is a very nice tribute to the employees of U. They are the best and thier history of safe and professionalism speaks for itself.

When a management continues down the same path by ignoring customers opinions and not addressing them timely, as well as not treating ALL employees equitably, and rewarding only a small pool of employees when a company has not turned a profit yet, then I don't see a great company, but rather one that is mediocre at best.

help me understand this...your posting this very complimentary goodbye to everyone and lauding everyone's efforts time and time again as you have traveled, yet your going to continue to travel but not with Usairways?.....why?...have you cut us off because of problems you experienced during a few turbulent recent years?...i know we lost a lot of customers over the past 2 years due to service problems but your post here is confusing to me.....

help me understand this...your posting this very complimentary goodbye to everyone and lauding everyone's efforts time and time again as you have traveled, yet your going to continue to travel but not with Usairways?.....why?...have you cut us off because of problems you experienced during a few turbulent recent years?...i know we lost a lot of customers over the past 2 years due to service problems but your post here is confusing to me.....
never mind...i just went into your history of posts and realize that you do have issues and were "moving on" per say from usairways.....i just dont see the relevance of the grandiose goodbye to everyone...if we're number one and make you feel so safe and comfortable, then you stopping flying with us seems contradictory....just my opinion, not meant to open up the floodgates here...