A&P work overseas-Saudi/Kuwait

Tinpusher

Feb 18, 2003
Anybody had any experience over there, would like to know about the good, bad, or the ugly. Thinking about going over to make some tax free money to catch up after being laid off for over a year. Any advice would be appreciated.

1. You do of course realize you will be in what amounts to a minimum security prison with somewhat limited parole periods.
2. To be eligible for the tax exemption status you have to be out of country for 330 days in one calender year(Jan to Jan) otherwise you pay.
3. Most require fulfillment of a specified time period contract otherwise offers become nullified.

Do your homework and look at ALL the aspects as well as ask many questions before going to work in a place where the majority of the people you will be working for and with are to lazy to learn themselves but have enough money to be able to pay for someone to do it for them.

You could save Allah himself but you will still be an infidel.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/19/2003 1:22:18 AM Tinpusher wrote:

Anybody had any experience over there, would like to know about the good, bad, or the ugly. Thinking about going over to make some tax free money to catch up after being laid off for over a year. Any advice would be appreciated.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Don't do it. Please check into all the in country contractors first. I plan to. Stationed over there during the gulf war. People are absolutely the worst human beings on earth to put in lightly. I am sorry to offend. I was actually offered 50 bucks a morning to have coffee ready for a Saudi infantry officer. He was only a 2LT.

----------------
On 2/19/2003 1:22:18 AM Tinpusher wrote:

----------------[/indent]
Timpusher,
IMHO
Do not take a job in the middle east for less than 60K in cash + bennies.
I left there 18 years ago making 45K because I refused a pay cut to stay.
Be watchful of false promises...........
Take Care,
UAL_TECH​