A Tale Of Two Flights (Dave Siegel Read This)

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/2/2002 10:38:03 PM G4G5 wrote:
[P][BR] Not on AA........ [BR][/P]
[P] [/P]
[P][FONT size=1]Not on AA is right.Passenger isn't on board? Neither are the bags.Eagle or otherwise.[/FONT][/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]

It just goes to show, it is NOT customer service, it IS price. U employees are no doubt the best, but yields and loads continue to fall. By the way, who would buy a ticket on a bankrupt airline? Ohhhh, price again! [Revenue - cost of business = profit/(loss)] IT IS MANAGEMENT, MANAGEMENT, MANAGEMENT..........! Revenue - cost of business = profit/(loss)

I have to concur completely with Exjetgurl--US employees are absolutely the BEST in the business. And the company should promote that to the hilt. I know I do whenever possible. It is entirely because of the people at US that I remain so loyal-I even take less convenient flights and routings if necessary.

I would like to extend my heartfelt thoughts and prayers to all of you who have been affected by the horrible layoffs and furloughs-you certainly don't deserve this. I hope that things will turn around and that US can emerge a stronger more secure competitor.

autofixer, you are correct. Just remember that when the price is EQUAL on two or more carriers, even the very infrequent flier is going to choose the airline with whom they have had a pleasurable past experience.

And some of us are just crazy enough to pay a little more to fly US.

StewGuy86 -
I just think the maturity level of US employees has much to do with it. Afterall, the average employee has well over 15 years experience. Plus, yes, the corporate culture (or lack thereof) has much to do with it. I've always looked at US Airways as more of a freelancer type atmosphere; i.e., they pretty much hire people that don't need their hand held, and who don't need a rah-rah, we are the best, our $&*t doesn't stink corporate culture to thrive in. Yes, there are good and bad employees at every airline;however, US Airways is a Heinz 57 type airline where everyone pretty much does a good job in their own quiet way. A quiet dignity if you will, I think that's how most customers see it. Maybe I am wrong here, but that's how I've always felt.

exjetgurl

G4G5-
Apology accepted. Yes, we got there safe; however, regardless, you have about 22 unhappy campers on this cruise ship that don't like your airline right now. And, half of those were in first class. Apparently, the F/A up there wasn't nice either.

G4G5, if it makes you feel any better, I think UAL has worse F/A's than American, and look what's going on there. US Airways is far from perfect, obviously they have a financial resource problem at the moment. But, I am speaking from my own personal experience. In fact, I've flown Delta more than any other airline this year, and, to me, they are excellent for service. I'd rate DAL F/A's and US Airways F/A's almost even, with the edge going to Delta. Again, this is just my own viewpoint.

exjetgurl

[blockquote]
----------------
It just goes to show, it is NOT customer service, it IS price. U employees are no doubt the best, but yields and loads continue to fall. By the way, who would buy a ticket on a bankrupt airline? Ohhhh, price again!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Well actually I just got back from flying my 5th BOS-LGA-BOS flight of the weekend given that I wasn't actualy going anywhere I clearly did not pick US for the price [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif'] And I must agree with the others who have commented on how much more enjoyable it is to fly on US than a lot of other carriers most of the time. (Well there was the agent in PIT last week who would not let me carry my wifes bags onto the plane...I know I have 4 bags.. and she has 0..., sigh, the death of chivalry [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/8.gif'] but other than that I would be hard pressed to remember the last time my service on US was not wholely enjoyable)

I would put forth the view that part of this stems from the size of US, being smaller always makes things more personal.

According to the rules that the Airlines have agreed upon with the FAA concerning PBM, an ON-LINE connecting passengers bag does not need to be removed from the aircraft in a connection city. I didn't make the rules, just work by them. Stupid YES, but it's the rule.

Hope, you're both right. There is a distinction between domestic and international.