A330 grounded in Manchester UK

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Me's thinks that plane will be there for a while. :blink: YIKES! ! !
hey, this fa over here with the beaded lanyard and cat eye glasses wants to know if you want to pick up LGW....they're ferrying some plane over from MAN.....that's weird...anywhoo you wanna go? I hear the wing has just been equipped with the state of the art funny-car style parachutes.....sounds exciting.....

Sign me up....I'll fly CSD. Our poor mechanics. I don't know how you folks deal with it. I mean they leave you with spit and chewing gum to keep the planes going. :lol:

This was big news in Manchester the last two days. Seems a US A330 is grounded in MAN while the FAA does an investigation. There are 8 mechanics over there now but the FAA won't let them touch the plane until the investigation is complete. Apparently, the landing gear is toast --- big problems...

Read what happened here:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new...g_halts_takeoff

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new...rts_huge_delays

Investigated by the UK accident investigation board not the FAA.
Investigated because of a rejected take off and brake line put fluid all over the hot brake which caused a lot of smoke and fire equipment was called.
landing gear is not toast....2 tires blew and a brake spun. (hardly toast)
not big problems because aircraft is flying again.

Investigated by the UK accident investigation board not the FAA.
Investigated because of a rejected take off and brake line put fluid all over the hot brake which caused a lot of smoke and fire equipment was called.
landing gear is not toast....2 tires blew and a brake spun. (hardly toast)
not big problems because aircraft is flying again.
So, it was a "smoking" flight? At least the pax weren't jonesing when they got off....hahahahahahaha hahhaahaha.....ahem... :ph34r:

Tyre is the correct spelling in the UK.

Does the spelling really matter? I spoke to some psgrs that were on that flight and arrived on CO the next day. The walked into my BSO inquiring as to their baggage and filled me in on the details of the aborted takeoff. They told me pilots really earned their salary and that it could've turned into a tradegy. Gotta say I agree with them.

Latest posts

Back