AA Applies For LAX-GDL, MIA-MTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
that is likely what will happen... DL is just trying to slow the process down.

DL isn't letting AA gain an inch in LAX despite what some people believe.

you do realize that regardless of what happens with the HND route, DL will have more longhaul int'l flights from LAX on its own metal than AA will, don't you.

hourly service to SFO, SEA, PDX on mainline aircraft.

AA's difference in flights will be accounted for by, Wal-Mart int'l and a bunch of small intra-CA cities.

big whoop.

Did you even read the application? In arguing for the authority, Delta admits it is strategically disadvantaged to American at LAX. Not even Delta agrees with your warped and grossly exaggerated talking points. 

I count a grand total of five daily "longhaul int'l flights from LAX" operated by Delta this summer (LHR, NRT, HND, PVG, SYD) compared to five daily "longhaul int'l flights from LAX" operated by AA this summer (LHR x2, NRT, PVG, GRU).

Hmmm ...

World Fraudster strikes again.

And if AA is successful in getting the HND slot they will have one more long haul out of LAX than DL.

I count a grand total of five daily "longhaul int'l flights from LAX" operated by Delta this summer (LHR, NRT, HND, PVG, SYD) compared to five daily "longhaul int'l flights from LAX" operated by AA this summer (LHR x2, NRT, PVG, GRU).

Hmmm ...
I will defer to you on this one... AA has double daily to LHR.

I will amend by statement to show that DL flies to 5 airports.

Can't wait to see how well DL is doing on its new LHR flight.

and indications are that DL is doing well on bookings on its PVG flight as well.

Congratulations - Delta flies to five airports, two of which serve the same metro area.  Meanwhile, AA flies to four airports, but all in different metro areas.

I guess we should conclude from these facts that AA will soon be bankrupt?

your jump in logic is breathtaking.

I have never said that AA would become BK because of its strategy in LAX.

I have said that DL isn't going to give AA anything in LAX.

DL has demonstrated that its western US strategy involves a triangle of hubs at SLC, SEA, and LAX. DL isn't going to give up anything to AA in AA's "need" to build a west coast gateway.

While UA seems to be content to pull down LAX and focus on local LAX traffic and SFO as a hub, DL will continue to grow at LAX as necessary to be on par or ahead of AA and UA in the LAX market.

given that DL has added a 717 pilot base to LAX and a 737 base to SEA and is expected to add a 777 pilot base to LAX, DL is fully committed to growing the west coast.

Further, there are indications that DL is doing exactly what I said they would - grow its facilities at LAX.

whether AA will be BK over DL's actions or not is not DL's decision. DL will grow LAX and there is no indication whatsoever that AA has gained or will gain any benefit in the LAX local market.

MAH4546 said:

Did you even read the application? In arguing for the authority, Delta admits it is strategically disadvantaged to American at LAX. Not even Delta agrees with your warped and grossly exaggerated talking points. 

This is too funny.  

WorldFraudster never misses a chance to show what a fraud he is.

WorldTraveler said:
whether AA will be BK over DL's actions or not is not DL's decision. DL will grow LAX and there is no indication whatsoever that AA has gained or will gain any benefit in the LAX local market.
No indication whatsoever? Looks like Delta disagrees with you:

Despite its growth, Delta is still unable to offer as many daily flights as entrenched carriers American and United from LAX, all while offering customers the most options in served destinations.
Instead of furthering the advantage that American enjoys by granting it additional restricted entry authority from Los Angeles, the Department would better serve the public interest by awarding Delta the authority to fly LAX-MEX, thereby increasing LAX-hub competition between network carriers.
http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=DOT-OST-2015-0042-0001

you mean DL is using the same argument to MEX that AA is using in its HND application?

of course it is.

because you don't argue for being the largest and then ask for frequencies.

the DOT is very much aware of DL's JV with AM and AA will undoubtedly tell them... which will drag the process out.

DL isn't out to get the slots.. .they won't. THey are out to delay the process. DL will start its own flights on Jan 1, 2016.

lighten up and enjoy the same **** cocktail that AA served DL with HND... which even FWAAA admits AA isn't likely to win.

WorldTraveler said:
Further, there are indications that DL is doing exactly what I said they would - grow its facilities at LAX.

Indications?  No, those are delusions in your head.

You observe that DL has three gates at T6 and you think that they have some leverage over the terminal.  They have none.

You observe that LAWA allowed DL to use its ramp space to board RJ's and you think that DL is going to build itself a Commuter Terminal like AA.  The permission was temporary.

You observe that DL has hangar space in the way of a LAWA project and you think that LAWA will offer DL something in return.  The hangar space already belongs to LAWA.

You observe that DL uses a TBIT gate for an after-hours arrival and you think that DL has acquired gates at TBIT.  All the non-tenant airlines can use TBIT for an after-hours, international arrival.  What you observed means nothing.

all I have to say is that you will be eating a lot of crow #### when you find out that DL didn't roll over and play dead which is what AA NEEDED in order to have a west coast hub.

Instead of telling us what DL isn't going to do and can't, how about you start working on the plan as to what in the world AA will have to do given that DL doesn't intend to give a single inch to AA in AA's NEED to build a west coast hub.

oh, btw, dawg says that AA and US are not one airline which means that DL is the largest airline at LAX.

Hey, I told you that AA's need to build its network from being the 3rd largest US int'l airline including the 3rd largest across BOTH the Atlantic and Pacific as well as in NYC would not be an easy climb back - and the competition wouldn't roll over and play dead.

WorldTraveler said:
all I have to say is that you will be eating a lot of crow #### when you find out that DL didn't roll over and play dead which is what AA NEEDED in order to have a west coast hub.

Instead of telling us what DL isn't going to do and can't, how about you start working on the plan as to what in the world AA will have to do given that DL doesn't intend to give a single inch to AA in AA's NEED to build a west coast hub.

oh, btw, dawg says that AA and US are not one airline which means that DL is the largest airline at LAX.

Hey, I told you that AA's need to build its network from being the 3rd largest US int'l airline including the 3rd largest across BOTH the Atlantic and Pacific as well as in NYC would not be an easy climb back - and the competition wouldn't roll over and play dead.
Two things

1) keep me out of this stupid contest please. I don't need to put in with you and the AA loving version of you. (honestly I feel like you two are the same person just trolling everyone) 
2) Simple fact is AA and US don't have a SOC. They are two airlines. (under one holding company.) 
but when i said that I am talking about union contracts in comparison to Delta. 

no, you want to give AA a pass for the horrid contracts that both AA and US had coming into the merger.

yet even for the JCBA that AA gave the pilots and FAs, both groups trail DL and of course WN in total compensation, esp. since both DL and WN have profit sharing - which Parker doesn't believe in and AA's unions were foolish enough to believe was a fleeting part of the compensation model. after $3B for DL employees in 5 years and 3 decades for WN employees, profits are hardly an anomaly.

and the real proof of this supposed scope that you want to tout is the fact that AA signed JCBAs with the pilots and FAs and then said they would be removing more than 20 frames from its mainline fleet in 2015 and yet they are adding more than 30 regional aircraft. In complete contrast, DL is doing just the opposite.

AA has no intention of improving scope... they moved BACKWARD with the pilots and FAs and the unions were able to do nothing about it.

WorldTraveler said:
no, you want to give AA a pass for the horrid contracts that both AA and US had coming into the merger.

yet even for the JCBA that AA gave the pilots and FAs, both groups trail DL and of course WN in total compensation, esp. since both DL and WN have profit sharing - which Parker doesn't believe in and AA's unions were foolish enough to believe was a fleeting part of the compensation model. after $3B for DL employees in 5 years and 3 decades for WN employees, profits are hardly an anomaly.

and the real proof of this supposed scope that you want to tout is the fact that AA signed JCBAs with the pilots and FAs and then said they would be removing more than 20 frames from its mainline fleet in 2015 and yet they are adding more than 30 regional aircraft. In complete contrast, DL is doing just the opposite.

AA has no intention of improving scope... they moved BACKWARD with the pilots and FAs and the unions were able to do nothing about it.
The same way you are willing to give Delta a pass for having terrible things (ie 14 ramp stations) coming into its merger with NW. 

Can you please post a comparison of scopes between Delta pilots and American pilots? Delta FAs and American FAs?

and again, you want to cling to a piece of paper despite what is obviously happening in real life.

you can't argue that DL could close stations and then fail to acknowledge that they have not while AA and UA have.

your disconnect in logic is stunning... but predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back