AA Management and Cargo Airlines

I apologize for the round numbers. I realize that you demand precision. I estimated $400 million for the mechanics based on your meandering, lengthy, imprecise paragraph above.
No precision would be counting the pennies, not $50,000 a year. $50,000 a year, for most people is quite a substantial difference.

http://www.aanegotiations.com/apaWagesAPAproposals.asp

AA claims the pilots want a 53% pay increase plus the other items discussed above.

Exactly, AA claims. About the only figure that can be taken as somewhat reliuable owuld be the wage, otherwise there arent enough specifics to validate the compay's claims which historically are known to be exaggerations. I havent seen the pilots take on what their demands would cost. I dont know how long the term is either and I'm sure the company is quoting end of contract rates. Like I said about the pay increase, if you take a 25% paycut, which the pilots, did you would need around 35% to get back to where you were, add in ten years of inflation and the 53% would probably only be a mosdest raise in real terms over what they were making in 2003.

So the pilots are demanding $3 billion and the mechanics would like $400 million.

I dont agree that the pilots are demanding $3 billion a year. Just because the company makes that claim that doesnt make it fact.

If the FAs and fleet want $300 million each, that would be $4 billion each year. I discounted AA's claimed pilots' demand by $1 billion when I estimated $3 billion to $4 billion in increased wage expenses. And your only retort is to ridicule ("$2 to $3 billion, which is it, are the pilots asking for a $150,000 RAISE or just a $100,000 RAISE??").

You discounted? What do you mean by that?

List prices are irrelevant when discussing what AA is paying for its new 738s. You weren't given that info? AA doesn't tell anyone its airplane prices - to discover them, you need to do some digging.

And theres a lot of other stuff that AA doesnt disclose either, thats why we should not base our demands on the info that AA chooses to release to us.

AA doesn't tell anyone its airplane prices - to discover them, you need to do some digging. See Hopeful's post re: estimates of Ryanair's prices.

See my post in regards to the winglets.

Latest posts

Back