AA stl-florida

FL entering a route is hardly worthy of note or competitive response. They're notorious for entering a lot of point to point markets just to abandon them a few months later.

SRQ is a flea that can't even find a dog to leech from. The only real market there is human remains coming north for burial...

I was born in Sarasota and when I was a kid, I remember flying Ozark, Delta, Eastern and People's Express.... all mainline jets back then of course.

If you haven't been there, don't knock it. It's a great place to live with lots to do.

I was born in Sarasota and when I was a kid, I remember flying Ozark, Delta, Eastern and People's Express.... all mainline jets back then of course.

If you haven't been there, don't knock it. It's a great place to live with lots to do.

And OZ had great services and superb f/as! My favorite was the wine tasting, with wine, cheese, warm bread, and I think fruit. But then I was a pax and not the f/a doing the service.

Yes, I've been there, and even have family out on Longboat Key, but it's not exactly a tourism mecca. Lots of part-time residents with condos, so the market is a lot more limited than it would be if there were a bunch of top dollar resorts in the area. Certainly not a lot of business ties to St. Louis aside from some Edward Jones franchisees...

The census data speaks for itself: 31.5% of Sarasota County is over 65. That's the sixth highest in the country on a percentage basis, and the seventh largest retiree population in Florida, even though they're the 14th largest county in the state.

even though not stl-srq id like to think we at least brought srq back with are talking about it. :up: