AA talks about flying LAX-SYD with the new 777-300LR

technically, it's the 777-300ER; the LR moniker is reserved for a version of the 777-200.
It is possible that the AA=QF JBA will allow AA to serve Australia but the article also states that the 773 will be used to increase capacity on many existing 772 routes with some for developmental flying.
The current 8 77Ws won't go real far if they are used either for S. America or new 14-16 hr routes, since in both cases you pretty well use 2 aircraft per flight.

I don't see AA stopping at 13. My guess is 25 of the 773s by the time they're done.

13? We're only at 8 so far!!!! Although I agree that there will be at least 15 maybe closer to 20 when we are all done.

Very misleading title. Nowhere in the article does it mention plans to fly the route, simply that the 777-300 has the capability.

MK

Look at page 4 of the article. That's why I said read through the entire article!! At the bottom you will see numbers 1-4, click on 4.

From page 4:

JS: It seems that the ER could easily do LAX to Sydney, for example.

TS: Yes, although we did just apply for the Joint Business Agreement with Qantas and they started flying into and out of DFW, which is great for both of us. We may want to put our ducks in Austrialia with the Qantas guys, but [the 777-300ER] certainly could do that route. Or there are a lot of markets that are kind of on the edge of development in South America. We’ve opened a couple of new ones here and there in the last year or so.

Look at page 4 of the article. That's why I said read through the entire article!! At the bottom you will see numbers 1-4, click on 4.

From page 4:

JS: It seems that the ER could easily do LAX to Sydney, for example.

TS: Yes, although we did just apply for the Joint Business Agreement with Qantas and they started flying into and out of DFW, which is great for both of us. We may want to put our ducks in Austrialia with the Qantas guys, but [the 777-300ER] certainly could do that route. Or there are a lot of markets that are kind of on the edge of development in South America. We’ve opened a couple of new ones here and there in the last year or so.

We "MAY" want to put our....... Still misleading like Kirkpatrick says. AA "MAY" fly to ICN, CPT and numerous other places as well. Problem is that AA didn't say "WE ARE" going to fly there. AA "MAY" give us all 20% pay raises and make Arpey work for $1 a year the next 5 years. I wouldn't count on it. Also as was said earlier, there is no 777-300LR. AA ordered the 777-300ER.

We "MAY" want to put our....... Still misleading like Kirkpatrick says. AA "MAY" fly to ICN, CPT and numerous other places as well. Problem is that AA didn't say "WE ARE" going to fly there. AA "MAY" give us all 20% pay raises and make Arpey work for $1 a year the next 5 years. I wouldn't count on it. Also as was said earlier, there is no 777-300LR. AA ordered the 777-300ER.

Did you notice the topic title? Its says, "AA talks about". I didn't say AA is going to fly it. Also, who cares if I said 777-300LR vs ER.

Back