Aa To Buy Ua

Tell you what Nightwatch! Let's put all the AAers on the street and put the TWAers back in the seat!

Be happy you got what you got!

Poor Nightwatch...redheaded stepchild!

Why don't we leave these nice United people out of our AA/TWA neverending drama. They deserve better.

stockholders looking to make a buck

How mean of them to try and make money, instead of funding your ability to sit around and do nothing at a high paying union job.

The airline industry is under attack because airline unions are an inefficient use of economic resources. There is a reason FSCs bring DVD players to work, because they don't work much. When you get paid $65,000 to throw bags onto a plane and someone is willing to do the same job for $30,000, you're not going to have a job long, no matter what union you belong to.

Like it or not, it may very well happen. Ua is such a laughable disaster these days.
And most of the UA top flyers I speak with really detest the airline, with DL running close behind.

They fly on UA only because their companies demand it remain the number one carrier.

33-48% business, first and full coach discounts.

Sorry UAL folks...didn't realize the following I had. You are correct Skyliner...I'm outa here. C'mon girls...back to your own forum.

AA was a great airline until Don Carty did a stupid thing and bought a loser like TWA.With the old and outdated equipment also came a bunch of people with attitudes.
I hope AA does not buy another airline[UAL] as it would bury AA.

goingboeing said:
AA was a great airline until Don Carty did a stupid thing and bought a loser like TWA.With the old and outdated equipment also came a bunch of people with attitudes.
[post="173189"][/post]​

AA doesn't buy airlines to gain their assets but rather to lose their competition. That is why the quickly dismantle what is left of a carrier when the obtain it. Look at how much STL has been downgraded since TWA as well as how they dismantled RNO after aquiring Reno.

Because of that, AA would not look to UA to purchase assets but rather to gain a near monopoly at ORD, etc. Costly? yes. AMR's strategy? yes.

Oneflyer said:
How mean of them to try and make money, instead of funding your ability to sit around and do nothing at a high paying union job.
The airline industry is under attack because airline unions are an inefficient use of economic resources. There is a reason FSCs bring DVD players to work, because they don't work much. When you get paid $65,000 to throw bags onto a plane and someone is willing to do the same job for $30,000, you're not going to have a job long, no matter what union you belong to.
[post="173086"][/post]​
ONEFLYER, You don't have one G__ D__n clue what you're talking about. So just stay in your little windowless cubbyhole and ans res questions

ONEFLYER, You don't have one G__ D__n clue what you're talking about. So just stay in your little windowless cubbyhole and ans res questions

Keep telling yourself that.

Can you leave your airline job and go get one with the exact pay and benefits tomorrow? Nope.

Tell me again why I'm wrong?

How do Unions make things more efficient?

How do Unions add to the company's bottom line?

Why has every single unionized steel company in American gone Bankrupt in the last 20 years, while at the same time the only large non-unionized steel company is consistantly profitable and growing?

Oneflyer said:
Keep telling yourself that.

Can you leave your airline job and go get one with the exact pay and benefits tomorrow? Nope.

Why has every single unionized steel company in American gone Bankrupt in the last 20 years, while at the same time the only large non-unionized steel company is consistantly profitable and growing?
[post="174954"][/post]​
ONEF...ER Do you even work in the industry? SouthWest has the higher percentage of employees, who are unionized than AA as a total of their workforce.
Maybe even the highest in the airline industry.

Oneflyer said:
[post="174954"][/post]​
Your'e wrong.

Oneflyer said:
[post="174954"][/post]​
When did it become there job to make the job more efficient. is that not the job of the highly trained management we are trying to hard to retain?

Oneflyer said:
[post="174954"][/post]​
In many ways. They provide for a collective voice of the masses. They establish guidelines and work rules. They help to provide a quality of life for the employee. The give protections against wrongful termination and management harassment. All this, and more adds to the bottom line. A happy and secure employee is a better representative, than one fearing the slightest transgression may result in termination.

Oneflyer said:
[post="174954"][/post]​
You really think it was simply a result of unionized employees, that brought down the steel industry? Could not have been poor planning, an inability to grasp the changing markets, foreign subsidized competition, out dated plants, or an unwillingness of the big company's to modernize? It just had to be those pesky employees and the unions that brought an industry to its knees.

Ch. 12 said:
AA doesn't buy airlines to gain their assets but rather to lose their competition. That is why the quickly dismantle what is left of a carrier when the obtain it. Look at how much STL has been downgraded since TWA as well as how they dismantled RNO after aquiring Reno.

Because of that, AA would not look to UA to purchase assets but rather to gain a near monopoly at ORD, etc. Costly? yes. AMR's strategy? yes.
[post="173208"][/post]​
Don't forgrt Aircal. It really has been the same thing over and over again.

goingboeing said:
[post="173189"][/post]​
Didn't TW have a younger fleet than AA at the time. MD80's, 717's, 757's, and 767's. Our planes are some of the best maintained in the business. We had a large amout of planes that came on line in the early to mid 80's. I doubt AA is in a position to buy another carrier. Even of they were I think they would stick to small regionals like Aircal or Reno. TW was to difficult and time consuming.

PS everyone has an attitude. Some good some bad. Some weak some strong.

Latest posts