AA to recall 545 FAs and 250 pilots

Kirkpatrick, when does your training start? It is only one day, correct? Not including one day for travel I assume. Any other fun facts on the recall training?
It's two days. There are four classes, starting the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th. Mine is the 8th. We arrive in the morning from all over the country and begin at 1300. There will be some administrative things to take care of; forms to fill out, getting us back into Sabre, taking pictures for ID cards, etc, then a couple of hours of computer work. We'll be staying at the Lodge at FU, which should be convenient. The next day is basically EPT's starting at 0800 and running to 1700 (earlier, I hope) then we're released to go home.

There's an orientation meeting (Indoc) at LGA on the 16th, but many of us won't be going as we're well familiar with the NY scene. We need our keys and parking permits and the base has been very helpful (and I take this opportunity to thank Willie Aviles, our union chair, for all his work in smoothing over the bumps along the way) in arranging for these items to be picked up at EWR for the NJ people, and earlier at LGA for those of us who live here. We've been emailed forms for parking permits so we can fax or mail them in and get those details out of the way early. Dec 17th we're officially on the payroll.

We'll get AVBL schedules for Dec and be able to bid for them at training. Jan is supposed to be reserve, but Jan is a senior reserve rotation and I doubt if the LGA people holding it will allow us to bump them off, so it's possible we'll hold lines in Jan.

I'm looking forward to getting the last of the chores done and getting back to a regular routine. You won't hear any complaining from me, and if I hear anyone gripe I'lll hit them over the head with my unemployment check stub.

MK (well, I'll b!tch a little but I won't complain)

I was just logging on to post that. An astounding 221 our of 227 have accepted. That's 97.35%!

I started a thread on this topic. Best to continue there.

MK

Pretty sad that so many couldnt find something better, or maybe some figure they can swing both for a while and retire. Like gallyguy said some werent 50 yet. We had a couple of Older TWA guys do that, show up for a few weeks, sit in training, then put in to retire as soon as they were assigned to the floor.

97% acceptance. With us it was nearly the opposite, most said no to recall, they moved on and werent coming back. I think the company was shocked. My guess is as they get further down the line with the FAs, past the ex-TWA people the numbers who say NO will increase dramatically.

Pretty sad that so many couldnt find something better
You and a lot of people, including some FA's, don't seem to understand that we actually like the job. There is nothing better. If I didn't want to fly I would have moved on 35 years ago.

My guess is as they get further down the line with the FAs, past the ex-TWA people the numbers who say NO will increase dramatically.
There is nobody past the TWA people (OK, there's one - someone who was on some sort of military or other leave who is the last person). Everybody in this round of recalls was recalled and trained in 2007-2008 and laid off again in 2009. The next recalls (not yet announced) will be from those who have been off since 2002-2003. I think anyone who has, say, eight years with Southwest probably won't be back, but many of those with startup carriers making poverty wages will return. I agree, however, that as the list is cleared those who have been out the longest will probably have a lower acceptance rate.

MK

So, nobody has any information on the difference in the recall numbers for the first group? The Nov 4th Flight Service hotline is to what I am referring.

Given the fact that I quite often find typos in the InfoRep emails (it's the English major in me. I can't help it), I'm not sure anyone proofreads press releases/announcements/etc before they are published. The difference between the company and the union numbers may just be a typo.

Welcome back to all!

Given the fact that I quite often find typos in the InfoRep emails (it's the English major in me. I can't help it), I'm not sure anyone proofreads press releases/announcements/etc before they are published. The difference between the company and the union numbers may just be a typo.

Welcome back to all!

Or it can be someone clearing medical that has not been previously trained on AA metal. Stuff happens.

So, nobody has any information on the difference in the recall numbers for the first group? The Nov 4th Flight Service hotline is to what I am referring.
There are a few (single digit) people recall who "accepted" but are unable to pass medical. Some were on medical leave when furloughed. One or two numbers off is pretty close. Someone may have decided to retire or something.

MK

You and a lot of people, including some FA's, don't seem to understand that we actually like the job. There is nothing better. If I didn't want to fly I would have moved on 35 years ago.

oh I completely understand, but I think once the break is made, at least for us mechanics, we get serious about making a living. We see a lot of ex-A&Ps on these boards, they still have an interest even if they are no longer willing to have their families do without so they can play with airplanes.

Latest posts

Back