AA & TWA! Two great airlines, one great future! What happened?

----------------
On 7/29/2003 10:16:19 PM Cart Pusher wrote:

AA butts - otherwise known as AAss
9.gif

----------------​

I love this forum!
1.gif
10.gif

----------------
On 7/28/2003 6:30:52 PM AAplanesareold wrote:

Actually, I never cahsed a single AA check. Why? I didn't accept the bread crumbs thrown at me by AA. I moved on to greener pastures.

I sleep great at night, knowing I never had to kiss any AA butts. Not a single one!

----------------​
Very likely you are one of the fired AAers who went to TW and were not offered a job after the acquisition.

----------------
On 7/30/2003 5:45:29 AM Bob Owens wrote:

----------------
On 7/28/2003 5:58:22 PM FWAAA wrote:

So many ifs.
If none of the above had happened, the economy would surely be booming today - it would be 1999-2000 all over again. 

----------------​
Oh really?
The economy was on a downward slide well before 9-11. The average load factor of the planes used that day were around 25%.
What is stopping the economy now?
One thing for sure is that my ability to contribute to the economy has been severely diminished.

----------------​
Yes, the economy was tanking prior to September 11. What we don't know is how severely the subsequent terrorist attacks (and all the other events) have slowed the recovery from the 2001 recession.

What is stopping the economy now? Who knows? Maybe the attacks on September 11, maybe our response in Afghanistan, maybe the war against Iraq, maybe SARS - maybe all of them combined.

Besides, if you weren't willing to replace your rustbucket (with what, 400,000 miles on it) when the economy was humming along (and you still had 100% of your income), I'm skeptical you'd replace it now, EVEN IF you had not suffered the massive paycut.

As I've posted before, maybe AA demanded the concessions because it couldn't afford your wages, not because they just wanted to disrespect you.

----------------
On 7/30/2003 9:19:35 AM FA Mikey wrote:

Very likely you are one of the fired AAers who went to TW and were not offered a job after the acquisition.

----------------​

Please don't insult me with that statement. I would never work for a bunch of anal retentive, chimps with suits.

I have my standards.
9.gif
9.gif

----------------
On 7/30/2003 5:45:29 AM Bob Owens wrote:

----------------
On 7/28/2003 5:58:22 PM FWAAA wrote:

So many ifs.
If none of the above had happened, the economy would surely be booming today - it would be 1999-2000 all over again. 

----------------​
Oh really?
The economy was on a downward slide well before 9-11. The average load factor of the planes used that day were around 25%.
What is stopping the economy now?
One thing for sure is that my ability to contribute to the economy has been severely diminished.

----------------​

Well poor poor baby. Maybe you would like to join the thousands of us (both nAAtives and LLCers) on the sidelines. I'll take the reduced salary anyday to NO salary. Maybe, just maybe, you will post something positive. Nah, won't happen

MCI transplant Like you, I aint going away.

Latest posts