AAL Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
go back to here and file your beef.

You're right - today's price movements had nothing to do with AA's bankruptcy professional fees, as those weren't a surprise.   The firms had been submitting monthly bills since 2011, and thus the $400 million total was known months ago.

DL and UA dragged down the industry today:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/delta-united-drag-down-airline-sector-2014-07-02?siteid=yhoof2

AA was just along for the ride.
it was a comparative statement.

AA was indeed along for the ride.... and had the weakest performance among the big 4 airlines for the week.

but that's ok.. .we'll talk about the year to date results even though AAL hasn't even been around for a year.

AAL is still the top performing major airline stock over the last year.

They are rated 'outperform' by 80+% of reputable analysts.

They are rated 'outperform' by 80+% of reputable analysts.
great. I.never.debated.that.

PS: aren't qualifier's great!

such as year to date? 

Did you not invite him to participate in the discussion today? Then complain when he does!

Your're something!
let's face it, not everyone can be the sharpest tack in the desk drawer.

WorldTraveler said:
and you can't have an annual trend if you don't even have a year's worth of data!

That's right you don't under stand basic financial data.  YTD - stands for Year to Date - a common measurement used in financial reporting all the time.  For example, when Delta puts out the only financials that rock the airline world - they report the Quarter and YTD.

Let me break that down for you since it's over your head

It means Jan 1 through July 3rd - and that means once again

DAL up YTD 40% while AAL is up YTD 64%

SO AAL has to drop steeply to lower it's self to DAL's performance

To bad DAL is not #1 in everything sorry this is over your head

I get the concept of YTD.

but somehow it is ok for you to tout what AAL has done year to date but we can't go back and look over any other time period that shows a different story.

THAT is the issue.

I get that AA is doing well. I'm not disputing that.

I am disputing that you want to choose the timeframe that looks good but want to exclude anything else.

At least have the intellectual honesty to acknowledge that AAL didn't even exist a year ago and, while it might continue to rise, it should but in the most recent period - today and this week - it underperformed the rest of the industry.

is it possible you can admit that?

WorldTraveler said:

but somehow it is ok for you to tout what AAL has done year to date but we can't go back and look over any other time period that shows a different story.

THAT is the issue.

I get that AA is doing well. I'm not disputing that.

I am disputing that you want to choose the timeframe that looks good but want to exclude anything else.

At least have the intellectual honesty to acknowledge that AAL didn't even exist a year ago and, while it might continue to rise, it should but in the most recent period - today and this week - it underperformed the rest of the industry.

is it possible you can admit that?

Your the one who said you can't use YTD when you don't have a years worth of data - just scroll back.

That is why I used YTD - since you have to asssume for financial purposes you start them on the day they emerged from bankrupcy - hence Jan 1 is a good starting point - we can find all kinds of measures - however stock performance YTD is a very common way to look at performance - once again very basic financial accumen would understand this point

I don't really need to admit anything since I'm not living in a fantasy world spending every waking minute on an AA board blined by DL bashing AA at every turn

I have said many times AA has opportunities - you are the one who refuses to say anything DL does is not perfect

What can you admit?

AAL did not emerge from BK on Jan 1.

I'm not sure why you seem to feel so picked on. I have also said that AA has a lot of opportunities.

But they also are in the honeymoon of the merger, have integrated nothing of any significance, and still face their revenue challenges related to the end of the Wright Amendment and the divestiture of the slots.

The schedules they are flying today were almost entirely set before the merger was even announced. There have been a few tweaks but AA and US are two airlines under the same ownership at this point.

They have proven nothing at this point other than the industry is strong and they are, uh, just along for the ride.

I know they did not emerge from BK on Jan 1 - do you understand anything about stock performance?  Very common to use YTD - so just admit it DAL is performing worse that AAL - get it.

No one feels picked on

god bless you - that's a southern term

btw - you still have not admitted anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back