Abject Surrender In Dead Of Night

I am more worried about what will happen when the nut jobs in office extend all the tax breaks. We have been spending recklessly for over 30 years. Merely cutting spending on social programs is not going to solve the problem. Revenue needs to be increased if only to pay the debt we already have. Not to mention the cost that we need to address like education, infrastructure and other things that need to be fixed before they get to the point that it is too late.

I got a good hunch if the cuts don't get extended there is going to be a massive stock sell off in a week or so and a crash.

And you got to be kidding me if for one nanosecond you think they will pay down the debt with the increased tax revenue.

They have to cut/eliminate social programs......way too many. If they had any sense they'd go with a national sales tax so everyone would pay whether or not they were subsidized and eliminate the IRS.

They keep crowing about middle class tax breaks to 250k......Wonder what a guy running a plumbing company with a dozen workers pulling $18 an hour makes in a year....his payroll alone is 450,000.......and if that isn't a small business what is. Obama is out to stifle small business and kill the middle class.....I forgot, those guys are from Hahvadd....

As for nukes......I think conflict in the ME will probably crash it before the big bang theory comes to America.

I got a good hunch if the cuts don't get extended there is going to be a massive stock sell off in a week or so and a crash.

And you got to be kidding me if for one nanosecond you think they will pay down the debt with the increased tax revenue.

They have to cut/eliminate social programs......way too many. If they had any sense they'd go with a national sales tax so everyone would pay whether or not they were subsidized and eliminate the IRS.

They keep crowing about middle class tax breaks to 250k......Wonder what a guy running a plumbing company with a dozen workers pulling $18 an hour makes in a year....his payroll alone is 450,000.......and if that isn't a small business what is. Obama is out to stifle small business and kill the middle class.....I forgot, those guys are from Hahvadd....

As for nukes......I think conflict in the ME will probably crash it before the big bang theory comes to America.

Words mean nothing to liberals. They say whatever will help advance their cause at the moment, switch talking points in a heartbeat, and then act indignant if anyone uses the exact same argument they were using five minutes ago.

Words mean nothing to liberals. They say whatever will help advance their cause at the moment, switch talking points in a heartbeat, and then act indignant if anyone uses the exact same argument they were using five minutes ago.

Ok, but do these "liberals" realize they have been co-opted by the progressive leftists who masquerade as liberals but with a totally different radical agenda?

Ok, but do these "liberals" realize they have been co-opted by the progressive leftists who masquerade as liberals but with a totally different radical agenda?
No...case in point: http://airlineforums.com/topic/49148-proof-liberalism-is-a-mental-disorder/page__p__751678

I was under the impression that the tax code is based on your profit not your gross income. If the plumber is clearing over $250k a year ten he is not a small business IMO.

I believe if you read what I said you will see that I think both cuts in spending as well as increase in taxes will be needed to dig us out of the hole we are in.

I was under the impression that the tax code is based on your profit not your gross income. If the plumber is clearing over $250k a year ten he is not a small business IMO.

I believe if you read what I said you will see that I think both cuts in spending as well as increase in taxes will be needed to dig us out of the hole we are in.

Small business is all around you. And they make up the core structure of our country and they make more than 250k.

By not clearly defining what is happening and along with the uncertainty with Obama policy and regulation, banks along with businesses big and small aren't about to make any moves. HC is going to smother small and big business plus you and I.

Letting Bush cuts remain in place gives business a signal they can work with. By reducing government in size and drastically cutting all the stupid entitlements is a start.
Too many departments have grown into monsters.....education, EPA, Agriculture to name a few need to go or be reduced .

And what gives you the authority on what defines a small business? Pfftt....Typical elitist liberal. <_<

Small business is all around you. And they make up the core structure of our country and they make more than 250k.

By not clearly defining what is happening and along with the uncertainty with Obama policy and regulation, banks along with businesses big and small aren't about to make any moves. HC is going to smother small and big business plus you and I.

Letting Bush cuts remain in place gives business a signal they can work with. By reducing government in size and drastically cutting all the stupid entitlements is a start.
Too many departments have grown into monsters.....education, EPA, Agriculture to name a few need to go or be reduced .

I do not think a company owner who clears over $250k a year is looked at as a small business.

I do not think a company owner who clears over $250k a year is looked at as a small business.

So what is a small business then?
One that makes $45,000?

Got a busy Chinese restaurant near you?? Bet they do.

$250k is a lot to you? You sound like Harry and Nancy.

Who clears over $250k a year? Please be specific on your assertions since you are now a tax expert. What would one have to make before taxes, taking into account business and personal deductions, write offs, etc.

If you are going to make a blatant assertion like this then please share your profound business expertise. In your expert business knowledge what determines, small business?
How many people employed, gross receipts, what accumulated depreciation, your break-even analysis, capital assets, capital expenditures, debt and equity, long and short term assets (and liabilities), etc.

I will be holding my breath... B)

Funny, my taxes are based on my gross.........I can't see Uncle Sam doing it any way different than that for businesses. That's what deductions are for I think. You know, like overhead, allowable business expenses that sort of stuff. Businesses don't get a 1040?

BTW:

Dictionary of Business Terms

Small Business

According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, a business employing less than 100 people. Small businesses play a disproportionately important role in innovation as well as in the economic and employment growth in the United States.

Dell,

Thats what i am talking about. You make x amount gross. Then you dedect salary and other opperatng expenses. That is what you are taxd on. I know it starts on your gross bdut the $250k is based on the actual profit not gross. At least that is what it ws the last time I read about it.

Dell,

Thats what i am talking about. You make x amount gross. Then you dedect salary and other opperatng expenses. That is what you are taxd on. I know it starts on your gross bdut the $250k is based on the actual profit not gross. At least that is what it ws the last time I read about it.

So would that be EBITDAR or EBIT?

Back