Abject Surrender In Dead Of Night

I agree that Israel will deal with aaIran if no one else does. I think knowing that will force the hand of everyone esle because I do not think anyone wants to deal with the fallout from an Israeli attack.

I agree with the economic MAD. World economy is hard to escape.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree that Israel will deal with aaIran if no one else does. I think knowing that will force the hand of everyone esle because I do not think anyone wants to deal with the fallout from an Israeli attack.

I agree with the economic MAD. World economy is hard to escape.

Its intertwined to the point of failure here,then comes back to the whole world economy....and can collapse it all....

Documents from the State Department published by WikiLeaks show that the Obama administration surrendered the missile shield previously planned by the Bush administration to Europe because of Russian demands, not because of any supposed intel reports.

The nonpartisan CBO say that the deployment of ten interceptors in Poland and a radar in the Czech Republic would be only half as expensive as the deployment of Aegis-type warships to Europe. And these Bush-planned defensive systems would protect Europe much better against Iranian missiles than the systems Obama has offered.

Reactions: 2 people
9 Republicans sign on. New START likely to pass.
"I will vote to ratify the New START treaty between the United States and Russia because it leaves our country with enough nuclear warheads to blow any attacker to kingdom come and because the president has committed to an $85-billion, 10-year plan to make sure that those weapons work," Alexander, the chamber's third-ranking Republican, said on the floor of the Senate.
"Many of my colleagues have concerns about this treaty," Voinovich said explaining why he will vote for the treaty, one of the last pieces of business remaining in the session. "But after my own research and consultation with current and former secretaries of State, numerous foreign policy experts, including many conservative experts, as well as yesterday's three-hour closed session in the Old Senate Chamber, I support this treaty and do not believe that the concerns we have heard from some of our colleagues rise to the level at which the Senate should reject the treaty."

Just a few supporters of the New START

Arms Control

James R. Schlesinger, former Secretary of Defense and former Director of Central Intelligence, Nixon and Ford administrations; Lt. General Brent Scowcroft, former National Security Advisor, Ford and George H.W. Bush administrations; Stephen Hadley, former National Security Advisor, George W. Bush administration; James Baker, former Secretary of State, George H.W. Bush administration; Henry Kissinger, former Secretary of State and National Security Advisor, Nixon and Ford administrations; George P. Shultz, former Secretary of State, Reagan administration; Colin L. Powell, former Secretary of State, George W. Bush administration; with former Senator Howard Baker (R-Tenn.); former Secretary of Defense Harold Brown, Carter administration; former Secretary of Defense Frank Carlucci, Reagan administration; former Senator John C. Danforth (R-Mo.); former White House Chief of Staff Kenneth M. Duberstein, Reagan administration; former Senator Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.); former Senator Nancy Kassebaum-Baker (R-Kansas); former Governor and 9/11 Commission Chair Thomas Kean (R-N.J.); former Senator Warren Rudman (R-N.H.); former Senator Alan Simpson (R-Wyoming); and former Senator William Cohen (R-Me.), among others.

And here are some other guys who probably don't know what they are talking about:

General Larry Welch
General John Chain
General Lee Butler
Admiral Henry Chiles
General Eugene Habiger
Admiral James Ellis
General Bennie Davis

For a lame duck Congress they are sure getting a lot of work done. Repealed DADT and now they passed the New START.

What the hell took them so bloody long.
START passes

START passed with a margin of 71-26.

For a lame duck Congress they are sure getting a lot of work done. Repealed DADT and now they passed the New START.

What the hell took them so bloody long.
START passes

START passed with a margin of 71-26.

Emphasis on "lame" especially.

Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

Former President Ronald Reagan’s Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) is often credited with bankrupting the U.S.S.R. because the Soviets were unable to keep pace with the technology being developed by the United States.

“We have always been superior in quality of our nuclear force, so we did not have to negotiate with a party we do not trust,” said Miller. “If Obama wanted to save some money and improve national defense, he should have gotten out of the nuke negations and acted unilaterally. START is simply a political victory for Obama.”

Miller, who helped prepare the National Strategic Target List and Single Integrated Operational Plan for waging nuclear war and later participated in arms control meetings with the Soviet government, expressed concern that START could leave the United States vulnerable to other emerging threats.

and its not a done deal by any means...

Legislators in the Kremlin-controlled parliament had said before the Senate landmark ruling on Wednesday that they would approve the treaty quickly after it is ratified in the U.S.

Lower house speaker Boris Gryzlov, however, told reporters Thursday that the Senate's ratification resolution contained some conditions and the legislators need to carefully study the text before making decision.

Vladimir Putin has warned that if the US Senate does not ratify the START nuclear weapons treaty, Russia will build its nuclear capability. Putin makes it clear that building their weapons is not a threat, but it is what is expected to happen if the treaty does not get pushed through.

The proposed New START agreement should be evaluated by the only criteria that matters for a treaty: Is it in America’s interest?

Is it? No

Vladimir Putin has warned that if the US Senate does not ratify the START nuclear weapons treaty, Russia will build its nuclear capability. Putin makes it clear that building their weapons is not a threat, but it is what is expected to happen if the treaty does not get pushed through.

The proposed New START agreement should be evaluated by the only criteria that matters for a treaty: Is it in America’s interest?

Is it? No

According to whom? These people say it is.

James R. Schlesinger, former Secretary of Defense and former Director of Central Intelligence, Nixon and Ford administrations; Lt. General Brent Scowcroft, former National Security Advisor, Ford and George H.W. Bush administrations; Stephen Hadley, former National Security Advisor, George W. Bush administration; James Baker, former Secretary of State, George H.W. Bush administration; Henry Kissinger, former Secretary of State and National Security Advisor, Nixon and Ford administrations; George P. Shultz, former Secretary of State, Reagan administration; Colin L. Powell, former Secretary of State, George W. Bush administration; with former Senator Howard Baker (R-Tenn.); former Secretary of Defense Harold Brown, Carter administration; former Secretary of Defense Frank Carlucci, Reagan administration; former Senator John C. Danforth (R-Mo.); former White House Chief of Staff Kenneth M. Duberstein, Reagan administration; former Senator Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.); former Senator Nancy Kassebaum-Baker (R-Kansas); former Governor and 9/11 Commission Chair Thomas Kean (R-N.J.); former Senator Warren Rudman (R-N.H.); former Senator Alan Simpson (R-Wyoming); and former Senator William Cohen (R-Me.), among others.

And here are some other guys who probably don't know what they are talking about:

General Larry Welch
General John Chain
General Lee Butler
Admiral Henry Chiles
General Eugene Habiger
Admiral James Ellis
General Bennie Davis

Reactions: 4 people
And just as expected, the START treaty leaves egg on the face of our Community Organizer in Chief and the Russians are not happy.

The White House will have been publicly caught arguing one thing to the Senate while apparently agreeing to its opposite with Russia. The Obama Administration was either grossly incompetent and clueless in its negotiating process, or it was deliberately misconstruing the motives and assumptions of its negotiating partner in the name of securing a domestic political victory. The lower house of the Russian Duma has now taken up New START, and surprise! they're insisting that limits on US missile defense capabilities are a central element to the treaty.

When did you start trusting the Duma over these people:

General Larry Welch
General John Chain
General Lee Butler
Admiral Henry Chiles
General Eugene Habiger
Admiral James Ellis
General Bennie Davis

When did you start trusting the Duma over these people:

General Larry Welch
General John Chain
General Lee Butler
Admiral Henry Chiles
General Eugene Habiger
Admiral James Ellis
General Bennie Davis

Again you have failed to keep up with current or the chain of events regarding START. You dont even have a clue what the DUMA is.

Your copy and paste also has no relevance to the DUMA's current position.
Let me repeat that fir the comprehension impaired.

Thats what happens when we have a community organizer from Chicago try to do diplomacy just to get a gold star next to his name.

Reactions: 2 people
Again you have failed to keep up with current or the chain of events regarding START. You dont even have a clue what the DUMA is.

Let me repeat that fir the comprehension impaired.

Thats what happens when we have a community organizer from Chicago try to do diplomacy just to get a gold star next to his name.

Duma

The DUMA can interpret it any way they would like. So can we. We do not need to agree to their interpretation and neither do they. Should there be a disagreement, it will have to be clarified via negotiation. The people listed above are military officials who say the treaty is solid. So far all you have is hot air which is what you usually bring to the table.