Agreements Approved

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Agreements Approved

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - U.S. bankruptcy Judge Stephen S. Mitchell yesterday approved the new contract between US Airways and its approximately 5,200 flight attendants, represented by the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA). The agreement saves the company $94 million annually, and the contract is next amendable in 2009.

Mitchell also approved agreements affecting medical benefits for retirees, represented by both a retiree committee and the International Association of Machinists (IAM). Details on those two agreements on retiree medical coverage will be mailed directly to affected retirees.

Separately, the majority of mechanics and FSA's I talk to will not support a strike because they would lose unemployment. It's better to have severance pay, buy outs, unemployment, COBRA, J4J, and recall rights than nothing.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Agreements Approved

the majority of mechanics and FSA's I talk to will not support a strike because they would lose unemployment. It's better to have severance pay, buy outs, unemployment, COBRA, J4J, and recall rights than nothing.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="238147"][/post]​
I don't know to whom you are talking but you may be in for a BIG suprise!
Hope that foreign flying job comes through for you.

I have to agree with US320.......the vast majority of the Fleet Service Agents I have talked to support the cost cuts. The $17/hour rate is very appealing to most, as they realize......."What else is out in the job market that even comes close?"

USA320Pilot said:
Agreements Approved

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - U.S. bankruptcy Judge Stephen S. Mitchell yesterday approved the new contract between US Airways and its approximately 5,200 flight attendants, represented by the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA). The agreement saves the company $94 million annually, and the contract is next amendable in 2009.

Mitchell also approved agreements affecting medical benefits for retirees, represented by both a retiree committee and the International Association of Machinists (IAM). Details on those two agreements on retiree medical coverage will be mailed directly to affected retirees.
the majority of mechanics and FSA's I talk to will not support a strike because they would lose unemployment. It's better to have severance pay, buy outs, unemployment, COBRA, J4J, and recall rights than nothing.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="238147"][/post]​
i wonder how many of us in the mainline express would actually support a strike since we were sold out by the union. i am one wont because we were sold out with out the life preserver and the union dues has gone up to 15.25 but yet i make under 12.00 an hr i also would rather see the airline fly and beat swa at its own game anyway

Once again 320,

As an ALPA member, would you be a proponent of crossing pickets lines in the event of a lawful IAM sanctioned strike? It appears that you are.

robbedagain said:
i wonder how many of us in the mainline express would actually support a strike since we were sold out by the union. i am one wont because we were sold out with out the life preserver and the union dues has gone up to 15.25 but yet i make under 12.00 an hr i also would rather see the airline fly and beat swa at its own game anyway
[post="238212"][/post]​

Did you have MEMRAT on your proposals?

coachrowsey said:
I don't know to whom you are talking but you may be in for a BIG suprise!
Hope that foreign flying job comes through for you.
[post="238150"][/post]​
Sorry, Coach, but you don't have a choice at this point! If you want to vote no, and vote yourself out of severance, unemployment benefits,cobra, go ahead!!! I guess you'll feel better being able to say......"I showed them"!!!......Thats real brilliant!!! :down: Folks.....this is getting real pitiful!!! B)

NeedForSpeed said:
Sorry, Coach, but you don't have a choice at this point! If you want to vote no, and vote yourself out of severance, unemployment benefits,cobra, go ahead!!! I guess you'll feel better being able to say......"I showed them"!!!......Thats real brilliant!!! :down: Folks.....this is getting real pitiful!!! B)
[post="238253"][/post]​
vote yo'