No Difference Between Twu/amfa !

AAmech said:
Gee it looks like "Amfa does not negotiate Concessions" is out the window!!
Well if the choice is more layoffs or making retirees pay what AAs TWU represented retirees have been paying for the last 15 years they made the right choice.

So thats right, AMFA did allow "a" concession, show me a contract that the TWU has put in place over the last twenty years that did not have multiple concessions. The TWU has put in so many concessions that even non-union workers are taking concessions thanks to the TWU.

Word is that since the lid has been blown about Company paid union officials that Bobby Gless is no longer paying dues through check off, has been removed from the headcount and taken his toolbox home. I wonder if he will be listed on the LM-2 next year? Not if Snead or Taust have their way!

You twu pukes are truly in denial. It is time to go tan AA meeting you have all drank to much kool aide.

I bet the retiree medical is far better than the medical at AA.
And you twu losers complain about an early settlement. Then why is it the twu is all ways the first union to settle a contract before all the other work groups at AA. You guys are pathetic. And remember UAL mechs still make more than you twu types and also have better medical. Get a grip

drippy squeal
Well I wonder why Dave didn't cut and paste this item before you fix....HAHAHAHAHAHA..AMFA's history just keeps getting worse. Now I see where the amfa mechanics are stating they personally do not care about the retirees

The AMFAs history could not be or get any worse than the history of the toilet workers union. THAT IS A FACT :blink:

I don't think you can criticize your way out of this one!!!! AMFA sucks and we all know it. They keep proving that over and over and over and over and over and over!!!!!!

The fact is the twu has the best track record in concessionary contracts and you complain about the AMFA. You should divert that hostility toward the twu. They are the ones who truly "suck" as you say. The twu is not a union the twu is a toy used by the company to erode the profession of the amt. And they have been proving this for the last 15 or 20 years. They are the leader in concessionary contracts THAT IS A FACT :lol:

Decision 2004 said:
Most interesting.

TWU pounds into members heads that it is better to make agreements without going before the BK Judge.

Then when AMFA makes agreement just prior to UAL going to the Judge, the AMFA is the worst union around.

How ironic and two-faced.

Which way does TWU want it to be?
It's called hypocrisy Dave!!! I have said this over and over, that amfa takes a hypocritical stance when it comes to "performing" their duties.

One thing that should not be tolerated is an "association" that promises one thing to get you hooked and then does the opposite when push comes to shove. That's deceiving and dirty. But that seems to be the amfa theme now doesn't it???!!! So, with that being said and with that being the stance you take, you have absolutely NO right to complain about the TWU because amfa is doing the same sorts of things that you have been crying about all this time. We all knew it would happen, that amfa would "stray" from their "campaign promises". They are just doing it faster than most thought!!!! :shock:

GET A GRIP MAN. AMFA IS NOT THE ANSWER!!!

I know you will find some kind of spin to add but this is the truth, like it or not!!

I talked to a man last week who worked for TWA back in 94 as a mechanin for 4 months. He got laid off on probation and was never recalled. In 2001 he was offered a job with AA given a reporting date but TWscrew found out about his 4 months with TWA in 94 and stoped it.The good part is the TWscrew turned around and put his name on the eligible voters list . If that is not Hypocrisy what is? Than again you wouldent know about that becouse your not on the need to know list are you twsrewer. The AMFA organizers are and will try to keep you up to date if you have ears to here.You see we are not run by our union we run it.

Hey Twscrewer would like a copy of the Twscrews submission to the NMB ? I know its hard for you to get one from Twsrew becouse it is so full of lies their afraid you will see the name of someone you know that passed away. HIPOCRISY!!!!!!!!!

amt for amfa said:
Hey Twscrewer would like a copy of the Twscrews submission to the NMB ? I know its hard for you to get one from Twsrew becouse it is so full of lies their afraid you will see the name of someone you know that passed away. HIPOCRISY!!!!!!!!!
494 DUPES. . . . .Sound familiar amt??????

You don't even want to go there with the hypocrisy thing!! Hypocritical is amfa's new FIRST name. . .HAMFA!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and about what is going on at the NMB, I know all I need to know. Hamfa's going down!!!! :D

Bob Owens said:
Well if the choice is more layoffs or making retirees pay what AAs TWU represented retirees have been paying for the last 15 years they made the right choice.

So thats right, AMFA did allow "a" concession, show me a contract that the TWU has put in place over the last twenty years that did not have multiple concessions. The TWU has put in so many concessions that even non-union workers are taking concessions thanks to the TWU.

Word is that since the lid has been blown about Company paid union officials that Bobby Gless is no longer paying dues through check off, has been removed from the headcount and taken his toolbox home. I wonder if he will be listed on the LM-2 next year? Not if Snead or Taust have their way!
Nice try Bob. Now Amfa wants to act reasonable. Thats NOT what they have been advertising. Amfa has been busy telling all of us here at AA that they DO NOT NEGOTIATE CONCESSIONS!! Not now or EVER! For ANY reason! Remember? What happened to "fighting this in Court"? Or "we're going to take it to the Judge"?
BTW Show me an Amfa negotiated contract that wasn't full of concessions.

GET A GRIP MAN. AMFA IS NOT THE ANSWER!!!

twscrewed, I want ALL contractual side letters of agreement voted on and ratified by membership approval. I want to have accountability over the likes of jim little. I want a union that's NOT refered to as "The most DOCILE in the airline industry".
twscrewed........tell me again how the AMFA is not the answer and the twu is!!

Put down the crack pipe. The twu NEVER could have done anything more than the AMFA has done for any of it's members ANYWHERE!!

Ask any Zebco worker or AA flight attendant how good the twu is for us!!!!!!!

Keep the Faith.......VOTE AMFA!!!!!!!!

Actually,AMFA didn't negotiate concessions with United. The "retiree" coalition did!
It was the coalition that said they would give 300 million dollars in concessions. The coalition screwed themselves! AMFA just made sure that the mechanic and related retirees didn't get robbed by this retiree "coalition".

AAmech said:
Nice try Bob. Now Amfa wants to act reasonable. Thats NOT what they have been advertising. Amfa has been busy telling all of us here at AA that they DO NOT NEGOTIATE CONCESSIONS!! Not now or EVER! For ANY reason! Remember? What happened to "fighting this in Court"? Or "we're going to take it to the Judge"?
BTW Show me an Amfa negotiated contract that wasn't full of concessions.
Maybe you should run your facts past "Art" first.

Isnt UAL "in" Bankruptcy? And isnt this going before a judge directly if they dont come to an agreement?

The other unions can act like they are putting up a fight but we know what they will do when the push comes.

We never went BK. We gave them everything they wanted instead.

The fact is, as I'm sure "Art" told you, then again, maybe not, that the Judge considers whether the thing being sought by the company, that the union has, is "onerous". In others words imposes a disadvantage to the company. Once again the TWU comes into the picture. UAL is the second biggest airline, behind AA. The TWU agreed to have retirees prefund their retirement, giving AA a cost advantage, over 15 years ago while UAL has been providing this coverage "free of charge" for its retirees. AA has not filed for BK and enjoys the advantage of passing these costs onto TWU members thanks to the TWUs concessionary contracts. In light of the fact that AAs employees have been paying for their retiree health care for 15 years already its seems quite likely that in such a competative industry such as ours that the judge may consider this 15 years and going TWU/AA concession a neccesity for UAL.

You see, for the last twenty years the TWU has been pressuring wages across the entire industry downward. From B-scale, straight time pay for training, Prefunding retiree health benifits, "Flex benifits" , SRPs, OSMs, Cross Utilization, Part Time, no double time, one week of vacation, five holidays, to a starting wage that is lower today than it was in 1983, the TWU has been driving down labor costs, and lowering workers living standards. There has never been a move by the opponents of working people that was as effective at ruining the lives and careers of working people than the TWU/ATD.

The lowest paid mechanic working in a capacity that entails liability as far as his A&P as of May 1, 2004 earns just $9.02 per hour! Thats lower than the minimum wage of San Francisco! This is one of the great accomplishments of the TWU. Not only is the real wage, adjusted for inflation lower but the nominal wage is lower, to the point where it is less than some locally mandated minimum wages!

The OSM basically replaced the Junior Mechanic. In 1994 the starting wage was $12.17, but now the starting wage for an OSM is $9.02. In 2008 it will only be $9.52! So in a 14 year period the TWU will have brought the lowest paid mechanics BACKWARDS by over $2 per hour!

How about parts washers and aircraft cleaners? How has the TWU taken care of them? Lets see, starting wage in 1994=$8.76, starting wage today, ten years later $8.97! WOW, a whopping 21 cents an hour over a ten year period, a period that saw the minimum wage increase by more than that!

How about the Utility man? 1994 starting wage = $7.84, today$7.68!!!!!

You want to start talking concessions and you have to look no further than our own TWU. The suffering of others throughout this industry is without a doubt attributable to the concessionary bargaining of the TWU, one of the few unions in the country, or perhaps world, that can boast of having actually lowered wages from ones that offered a comfortable existance to the minimum wage. TWU the only union that brags that its members have to work two jobs to survive.

You want to talk about hypocrites? How about how they boast that we have to work two jobs to earn the pay of one while they work one job and collect two paychecks?!

I dont have copies of contracts going back years from other airlines, I only have TWU contracts at AA, as I'm sure you do, my request was reasonable, it was something we both have easy access to, so I'll say it again, "Show me a contract where we have not given concessions". As far as AMFA, all I know is that when I compared the Ozark contract to ours, they beat us. When I talk to ex-Branniff, they loved AMFA. I've never met an ex-TWU from Pan Am or any other carrier that liked the TWU, they all said the same thing that all the old timers here at AA said-"The TWU sucks".

I must say that you have only recently reappeared on this thread. Why is that? Have your keepers directed you to make a showing?

By the way do you know why Bobby Gless was not reported, as dictated by law, on the TWUs LM-2?

By the way, our Concessions were beyond "reasonable", if you had to live under them you would know this, even Little said that they were "more than adequate".

Latest posts