Air Midwest Closing Stations

Light Years

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Anyone hear that Air Midwest is closing some stations? I heard SHV (Shreveport, LA) and MSY. If I recall, I thought there was quite a few flights out of MSY to places like LIT, much like the MCI "hublet". Anyone have more info?

Air Midwest used to fly a lot out of MSY to places like LIT, SHV, PNS, and I think another Florida city (JAX?). Now they're down to 4x LIT and 4x SHV. I don't know how the LIT flghts do, but the SHV ones are generally pretty full and have high fares. Sounds like exactly the kind of route Air Midwest likes to discontinue. :rolleyes: :down:

Ring-

You have an excellent memory. SHV-MSY-PNS-TLH-JAX was scheduled 2 to 3 times per day during the 1990's. Some crews were based in JAX and would do a round trip to MSY from 6 AM to 2 PM and then off to the beach. The folks flying in the PM would often end up with big weather delays in the summer. A B1900 flying across the panhandle on a July afternoon was not my favorite thing to do.

Do we serve LIT otherwise? How about OMA? When the Attache had the lines on the map, it looked like there was service from PIT to OMA! Unlikely, the line was probably just on its way somewhere else.

The MCI service keeps shrinking, didnt they used to do ICT up until last year?

Light Years said:
Do we serve LIT otherwise? How about OMA? When the Attache had the lines on the map, it looked like there was service from PIT to OMA! Unlikely, the line was probably just on its way somewhere else.

LIT is (IIRC) served from CLT with RJs. OMA-PIT was a brief forray to see how marketable RJs could be on a long-haul. I don't think it worked.

Either that or they pulled the RJs for other markets.

ITRADE said:
Light Years said:

LIT is (IIRC) served from CLT with RJs. OMA-PIT was a brief forray to see how marketable RJs could be on a long-haul. I don't think it worked.

Either that or they pulled the RJs for other markets.
FWIW, I once paid and arm and a leg for OMA-PIT-OMA, and they were full, midweek.

Commutair can make money with the 1900 in New York and Cleveland, with very little EAS flying. Colgan can make money with the 1900 in New York and Boston, granted with some EAS flying. Gulfstream can make money with the 1900 in Florida, with no EAS flying, flying the same darn routes Air Midwest does.

Why is Mesa/Air Midwest the only one that can't make money on the 1900?