Do Air Midwest stations dba US Airways Express use SHARES?

JS

Veteran
Aug 24, 2002
DFW
Visit site
I flew out of HYS to MCI, connecting to YX on a separate fare. I asked the agent to check my bags through to my destination, and she said she needed the flight number, departure and arrival time. I gave her the flight number and approximate dept/arr time, and she said she needed the exact departure and arrival times. I asked her if she could look that up on her computer and she said she couldn't.

I opened up my laptop to retrieve the EXACT departure and arrival times (like 6:48 PM rather than quarter-to-seven), and then when the bag tag came out, it said MCI-LAX on YX 9. That wasn't right either; destination was LGA. I just checked the Midwest Airlines timetable and there is no YX 9 going to LAX (just in case YX messed up the flight numbers, which they didn't).

Is this a SHARES problem or was it something else? I've never had a problem on Air Midwest, and I've flown them a lot (but not since the res migration).

Contrast this with ZK (Great Lakes), who will check your bag through via DEN with just the flight number, even on Delta, with which they have no codeshare agreement at all. US @ HYS, on the other hand, is also a YX code-share station, yet they can't print a YX bag tag properly even with the flight number, exact departure time and exact arrival time?

The agent gave up on the computer and hand-wrote the bag tag for me. The bag still arrived at my destination, just like it did in the olden days when all bag tags were hand-written.

I flew out of HYS to MCI, connecting to YX on a separate fare. I asked the agent to check my bags through to my destination, and she said she needed the flight number, departure and arrival time. I gave her the flight number and approximate dept/arr time, and she said she needed the exact departure and arrival times. I asked her if she could look that up on her computer and she said she couldn't.

I opened up my laptop to retrieve the EXACT departure and arrival times (like 6:48 PM rather than quarter-to-seven), and then when the bag tag came out, it said MCI-LAX on YX 9. That wasn't right either; destination was LGA. I just checked the Midwest Airlines timetable and there is no YX 9 going to LAX (just in case YX messed up the flight numbers, which they didn't).

Is this a SHARES problem or was it something else? I've never had a problem on Air Midwest, and I've flown them a lot (but not since the res migration).

Are you talking about Midwest Airlines or Air Midwest? they are two TOTALLY different airlines. Air Midwest does business as US Express. Midwest Airlines is an independent carrier, thus the possible different computer system.

Are you talking about Midwest Airlines or Air Midwest? they are two TOTALLY different airlines. Air Midwest does business as US Express. Midwest Airlines is an independent carrier, thus the possible different computer system.

Yes, both in the same trip. I flew on Air Midwest from HYS to MCI and then connected to Midwest Airlines to MKE.

HYS-MCI "US" flights also carry YX flight numbers, so I would expect them to be able to print out a YX bag tag.

I'm sure there are tons more people connecting to YX than to US at MCI, since MCI is a hub for YX yet barely served at all on US.

My guess is that your PNR did not show your connecting YX flight and the agent had "force" or show as HK the flight in order to generate a bag tag. This was a relatively simple process in Sabre: 0YX123Y22MAYMCILAXHK1
In SLO err QIK/SHARES, after a few cryptic control and shift entries, the segment to be HK'ed has to be entered using fill ins. The departure and arrival times are required elements. Still, the agent should have been able to display the time from looking up availability from MCI to LAX.

I don't know if native SHARES requires the times to entered in this scenario.

My guess is that your PNR did not show your connecting YX flight and the agent had "force" or show as HK the flight in order to generate a bag tag. This was a relatively simple process in Sabre: 0YX123Y22MAYMCILAXHK1
In SLO err QIK/SHARES, after a few cryptic control and shift entries, the segment to be HK'ed has to be entered using fill ins. The departure and arrival times are required elements. Still, the agent should have been able to display the time from looking up availability from MCI to LAX.

I don't know if native SHARES requires the times to entered in this scenario.

When I used native shares(years ago) just like Sabre &add the sign of who you spoke with.