Air US

DCT JVL

Advanced
Oct 7, 2002
Does anybody know what ever became of Air US? I know I flew them from DEN (Stapleton) to COD in 1982 on a G-159C. I can find a few accident reports online and two photos of two different tail numbers (N857H and N114GA)but no history of the airline.

Thanks.

Do you mean US Air??? :huh: If so stay away from them, not a very good airline :down: I know, I worked for them. :(

Does anybody know what ever became of Air US? I know I flew them from DEN (Stapleton) to COD in 1982 on a G-159C. I can find a few accident reports online and two photos of two different tail numbers (N857H and N114GA)but no history of the airline.

Thanks.

I used to work for Air U.S. from their DEN station and started when they flew their BA-137 twin engine turbo props. The Grumman G-1's came onto the scene sometime in 1982. Around the same time one of their BA-137's had a mid air collision North of Denver with a parachute Cessna with no survivors. Air U.S was eventually swallowed up by Frontier Horizon who didn't last too long on the scene.

Jack Biersdorfer
[email protected]

I used to work for Air U.S. from their DEN station and started when they flew their BA-137 twin engine turbo props. The Grumman G-1's came onto the scene sometime in 1982. Around the same time one of their BA-137's had a mid air collision North of Denver with a parachute Cessna with no survivors. Air U.S was eventually swallowed up by Frontier Horizon who didn't last too long on the scene.

Jack Biersdorfer
[email protected]

Thanks Jack!

Back