US Airways Now Codesharing With Air One

"And it's such a small thing to do, takes basically no money or effort, and yet it yields a great return."

It costs several hundred dollars per release when submitting via wire services, maybe that's no money, maybe it is.

"And I was never raving about this or any other management, so I suggest you get a clue before telling me to get a life."

I never said you specifically should get a life, but I was referring to the MANY, MANY, MANY postings over the last 9 months from individuals praising HP management over the horrible US management. Now that HP management is in charge, there's suddenly all this petty criticism. Yes ideally there should be a PR about AirOne, but many of US code share (i.e. Caribbean Sun, etc.) only put a few pax per pay on some of the flights. There might be bigger fish to fry right now and lump the Air One news in with another PR about StarAlliance.

Didn't mean to offend you.

"And it's such a small thing to do, takes basically no money or effort, and yet it yields a great return."

It costs several hundred dollars per release when submitting via wire services, maybe that's no money, maybe it is.

Come on.

Several hundred dollars for a wire service release given the benefit of the exposure received?

And a company with $2 BILLION in the bank should be concerned with this sum of money?

I have to agree. Sending out a press release is one of the easiest things the marketing dept does. No real excuse for letting something like this slip by. BTW, anyone else notice how screwy the US Airways Today messages are getting? It's even fallen through the cracks. Two days this week they didn't even release one. What's up with that?

It's so shortsighted. What about the people who will see it and say, wow, i can use my miles to PMO now and buy 3 companion tickets. Or, wow, i don't have to fly Alitalia anymore. It's such a typical narrow minded regional airline mentality.

And, by the way, the service on AirOne was great. The F/A's were very helpful. They give you club access for free. They pass out snacks in the all coach cabin.

They sure did tons of press releases for the hawaii service--how many east people on those flights? i bet if they add anything out of PHX or LAS you'll see press releases and sky writing. How cares about the East--employees, pax, and the VFF--not TEMPE!

This merger has already failed. I can see it. It will take awhile before it actually goes bust bit it has failed.

maybe they'll just keep downsizing it until they are back to where they started. It seems HP likes to not follow through with what they start. Some examples:

1. Columbus Hub
2. Asia service
3. push on transcons
4. promises to the VFF that the new DM program will be the best in the industry

We all complained that the previous management had no vision for US. Well, this management team is myopic at least if it exists east of Tempe.

This merger has already failed. I can see it. It will take awhile before it actually goes bust bit it has failed.

They just have to hang on until July, 2007. I should be done with my MBA by then. Do you think Doug can burn through $2 Billion before that?

(Probably.)

Hey, maybe I can get a mahogany-row job in Tempe just before they file BK for the last time. Surely they will let me go with $millions just like they will get.

maybe they'll just keep downsizing it until they are back to where they started. It seems HP likes to not follow through with what they start. Some examples:

1. Columbus Hub
2. Asia service
3. push on transcons
4. promises to the VFF that the new DM program will be the best in the industry

We all complained that the previous management had no vision for US. Well, this management team is myopic at least if it exists east of Tempe.

You are right. We should just lay down and wait for God to take us. Just lay there til we die. I won't even go to work anymore. I'll just lay around in bed like Brian Wilson did. We should all be more like Brian Wilson. We just need to realize that it's time to give up.

Asia service and more transcon service has a shot at working now with the huge feed from the east. Proper marketing and building on hub domination can see to its success. Add in good inflight service and it would be like cutting butter :)

Asia service and more transcon service has a shot at working now with the huge feed from the east. Proper marketing and building on hub domination can see to its success. Add in good inflight service and it would be like cutting butter :)

The East???? Oh, you mean Phoenix. That's about as far East as the management team thinks.

Now that HP management is in charge, there's suddenly all this petty criticism. Yes ideally there should be a PR about AirOne, but many of US code share (i.e. Caribbean Sun, etc.) only put a few pax per pay on some of the flights. There might be bigger fish to fry right now and lump the Air One news in with another PR about StarAlliance.

Funny, that didn't stop HP from announcing that Qantas codeshares on a whopping 4 HP flights a day. Wonder how many pax that brings.

Or how about HP's partnership with Royal Jordanian? That must be packing them in.

And I've mentioned a slew of new US/East routes that didn't get press releases since the merger. Before the merger, just in 2005, let's see what HP routes got press releases...
PHX-OKC
LAS-LGB
LAS-ABQ/BOI
SAN-YVR
LAS-BFL
LAS-ANC
LAS-MRY
LAS-PSP
I'm really glad to see that HP saved up all the little announcements to make one big announcement, to cut down on those huge press release costs. :rolleyes:

And what would we do without this press release announcing FlightFund's partnership with Budget Rent-A-Car? What's more important for an airline, Air One or Budget Rent-A-Car?

I'm sorry, I'm sure I'll just get blasted by some more HP Kool-Aid drinkers for offering my "petty criticism". I guess I should just keep waiting another three or four months to see when they bother to issue a single lousy press release for US/East service.

They just have to hang on until July, 2007. I should be done with my MBA by then. Do you think Doug can burn through $2 Billion before that?

(Probably.)

Well, at least you don't have to worry about them blowing any of that $2 billion on stupid things like press releases. Look at all the hundreds of dollars they're saving!

Well, ringmaruf, if they do blast you, to quote 700, tell them DON'T LET THE FACTS GET IN YOUR WAY. Until they give us a reason to believe they care about the East and the VFF, the facts indicate otherwise.