Air Wisconsin

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
A while (too lazy too to for it) there was a thread about express carrier performance.
While it would be nice if US would show an "Express scorecard" internally, say, on the hub, it does not. Leaving those interested to guess using anecdotal info.

Does anyone have Air Wisconsin performance stats?
How do they compare to the other express carries? Are they getting better or worse?
Anecdotal info from some outstations would indicate they are not getting better. While no carrier likes to have "slack time" in aircraft scheduling, they seem do pack an awful lot of flying in for each plane. A delay in the morning carries through the day. And through, and through.

I know Delta shows their employees and the Connection carriers a scorecard on a regular basis. I really wish we would stop farming out all of this flying to contract carriers. Focus on PSA and Piedmont for the smaller cities Mainline cannot serve. I for one am tired of Mesa, and their crews that do not know how to act in the airport or on the aircraft. UNPROFESSIONAL!

Air Wisconsin's level of service has declined sharply in the past year. Their customer service on flights was always bad, but now it is horrendous. PHL has many complaints due to Air Wis FA's. Their crew scheduling and dispatch are both awful, causing numerous delays daily because of inadequete staffing. They do an average of 100 tail swaps a day in PHL alone (a legit statistic, ask anyone in PHL Ops). Their Mechanics do not fix anything during their shift, they wait until the last minute and collect OT pay by doing so. They bring AC to gates 20 minutes prior to originators, after they have sat all night, and then declare maint., delaying the first flights of the day (3833 DCA, check the times on that flight daily, some Air Wis accountable issue like clockwork). Their flight crews have no respect for anyone, not gate agents, not ramp, not managers, not Ops, they treat everyone like idiots. I have worked with Trans States, Mesa, Chq, Shuttle America, etc. and NONE of them have created the problems Wisconsin has. I would say that you could account 50% of the daily issues in PHL express operation to them.

OK so who is out there to fill the void? More Mesa Flying?
I'm sure that several carriers would love to fill Air Wis' role but suspect there won't be a void for awhile. That DIP loan in BK2 that turned into an investment probably resulted in a pretty iron-clad contract with US - absent BK3 that is.

Jim

Especially since the summer started ZW's service has been steadily declining, getting very close to the level of PSA.

A while (too lazy too to for it) there was a thread about express carrier performance.
While it would be nice if US would show an "Express scorecard" internally, say, on the hub, it does not. Leaving those interested to guess using anecdotal info.

You actually can view the daily performance stats of mainline and each individual express carrier but you must be on the LCC network to do so (link is on the right side of Wings). Not too helpful for the average employee, but if you happen to have a login then there is a way you can.

I'm sure that several carriers would love to fill Air Wis' role but suspect there won't be a void for awhile. That DIP loan in BK2 that turned into an investment probably resulted in a pretty iron-clad contract with US - absent BK3 that is.

Jim
ZW has a person on US BOD and ZW has made tons of money of LCC stock. ZW has given US money on several occasions, ZW IAM represented ground handling unit is working UA and NW at a lot of cities. There are slowly working there way into ground handling business and IAM is OK with it. ZW ground handling unit working as a contractor for UA and NW were/is getting full blown pass privileges.. ZW is a very profitable company .

You actually can view the daily performance stats of mainline and each individual express carrier but you must be on the LCC network to do so (link is on the right side of Wings). Not too helpful for the average employee, but if you happen to have a login then there is a way you can.
Yep! Completely aware of ZW 6 hour delays get paid completion factor

Latest posts

Back