Airbus 330

insp89

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
CLT
Visit site
I've heard the company is considering bringing back some A330 maintenance checks inhouse.

Some say the company was not too happy with Air Canada's maintenance on the 330's.

[They might as well, The maintenance department is working very close to 3rd Party pay rates anyway].

The problem with the 330 is that the maintenance would only be for about 6 months. Will the company recall mechanics for such a short duration of work? Plus the 737 Q checks in CLT would be affected because of space requirements on such a large bird. Hopefully we will get the work.
a350900_usairways_mr.jpg

The CLT hangar is quite capable of holding a A330 and three 737s at the same time. The checks are normally done in the off-peak European Travel time.

If they brought back the A330 you can also bring back the 757s or 767s and justify keeping the increase in headcount.

Are there any mechanics left to call back? I know there were Mech jobs open in PHL?

We have plenty of mechanics that would be willing to come back to work in CLT Base Maintenance. PHL and other "High Cost of Living " stations are and entirely different situation in regards to filling vacant positions.

CLT could easily handle the A330 or the B767 and still maintain the current levels of work on the B737-300/400's in regards to Q and C Checks.

As stated...The A330's and B767's get their heavy checks done during off-season periods of time....so bringing back bodies could easily be to our benefit by bringing in B757 checks to cover the remainder of the time that the wide bodies are seeing full seasonal utilization.

Common Sense...is not so common around here.

Heard a rumor the company was looking in to hiring a company to set up scaffolding for wing docks to use until replacement docks could be found, sold the ones they had at auction :up: I beleive the checks in question aren't due again till Oct.

The CLT hangar is quite capable of holding a A330 and three 737s at the same time. The checks are normally done in the off-peak European Travel time.

If they brought back the A330 you can also bring back the 757s or 767s and justify keeping the increase in headcount.
Lets all hope they will use their brain an keep the work in house.

Latest posts