Aircraft Retirements

If this virus makes a comeback in the fall i dont know if the airlines will get a bailout but i fear involuntary furloughs will occur. Not sure how it wld affect elections? N how bad wld it be. I do agree with La Li that people should be prepared for worst n hope for best

If this virus makes a comeback in the fall i dont know if the airlines will get a bailout but i fear involuntary furloughs will occur. Not sure how it wld affect elections? N how bad wld it be. I do agree with La Li that people should be prepared for worst n hope for best
One step at a time. Medical research is at a record pace cutting through all the bureaucracy from previous administrations. Many countries are working in a global joint effort to minimize the virus deadly path.
Just pick your news sources carefully. Many are bias and look for ratings as well as create fear and panic.

Reactions: robbedagain
One step at a time. Medical research is at a record pace cutting through all the bureaucracy from previous administrations. Many countries are working in a global joint effort to minimize the virus deadly path.
Just pick your news sources carefully. Many are bias and look for ratings as well as create fear and panic.
True. Though if i watch any news its typically nbc or none.

Yes, involuntary job loss could be and some is devastating, totally agree. How they deal with it and respond to it determines how they come out of it. Having a plan B is never bad advice, in good times or in bad. I also agree with you that the job losses are coming (in airline industry) which why I say take this time now (as well as previously) to better prepare for what is coming.
I wish you and your wife well and the best. According to some of your postings I believe your wife has a pretty good amount of time with the company, she should ok wouldn't she? Most co's usually go by seniority and/or performances rather union or non-union.
She has been with the company less than 10 years. However she went from title II to title 1 a year ago.

I suspect she will most likely be laid off and be out of work for a while, that is if AA survives.

Valid question E. But most will agree that the airline world is very small and all airlines share as well as do the same thru-out when it comes to times like these. So in a nutshell, like to keep all airlines within the loop of what is really going on within the ranks at all airlines, industry sharing and comparing. Most of it all started with contracts and sharing what the industry was doing, it has now reached out again during this Corvid-19 crisis, and will be challenged within all the airlines once again.
Still it comes off as hypocritical.

You take it upon yourself to criticize me for being involved in American Airlines because I no longer work there however I do have a spouse working there and a pension. I have a lot more "skin in the game" at American Airlines than you do. I even have recall (unless those rules changed with the new contract). So yes, things like contracts, layoffs, and bankruptcies do cause me concern and yes they ARE my business as they have the potential to affect my personal finances.

American Airlines lays off or shuts down and my wife and I are down to 1 income, whereas it would affect you very little.

There is also the fact that a lot of people are scared. I have already been through a career changing event. I bought the T-shirt. If my experience can help people facing that same challenge then I am glad to share. I don't mind telling you attending school for 6 months while on unemployment took a little maneuvering on my part (attending school is NOT a reason to refuse a job while on unemployment). Maybe the process I used to choose a new career (which is not as easy as one might think) and the strategies and techniques I used to survive the transition might benefit some people.

What benefits no one is you tearing me down because somehow you feel you are more entitled to share and contribute and yes even criticize than I am.

Hey Duke787 (the op on this topic, which by the way is/was aircraft retirement), perhaps you could have this topic closed. It's turned into WaterCooler2.

She has been with the company less than 10 years. However she went from title II to title 1 a year ago.

I suspect she will most likely be laid off and be out of work for a while, that is if AA survives.

Man I hope not LuLu. Her switch from T-II over to T-I means exactly what? Forgive me, but I have a hard time with AA's and unions titles within the employee groups.
Does it mean she only has 1 yr sen. within her group? And could she bid into another group and keep her job?
Being there less than 10 years is a problem and I agree with ya.
Hope you are ok at your job and stay afloat for both of ya.
Be aware, as I know you know, but, things are fixin to get really rough for all of us. Inside the airlines and outside. It's coming, and coming hard.

Reactions: Kev3188
Can we stop with the purity tests already? This board is structured so that anyone can post on any topic at any time. That’s the way it’s always been, and I don’t see it changing.

Hey Duke787 (the op on this topic, which by the way is/was aircraft retirement), perhaps you could have this topic closed. It's turned into WaterCooler2.
I also agree JREwing, sorry for the offtrack. My bad for taking any further. Just wanted to try and calm. Keep it open pls for the folks talking Aircraft Retirements, Again, my apologies...

Man I hope not LuLu. Her switch from T-II over to T-I means exactly what? Forgive me, but I have a hard time with AA's and unions titles within the employee groups.
Does it mean she only has 1 yr sen. within her group? And could she bid into another group and keep her job?
Being there less than 10 years is a problem and I agree with ya.
Hope you are ok at your job and stay afloat for both of ya.
Be aware, as I know you know, but, things are fixin to get really rough for all of us. Inside the airlines and outside. It's coming, and coming hard.
When you switch title groups you lose day for day until you exhaust your previous seniority. So let's say you have 10 years and switch title groups. After 15 years you would have 5 and 5. After 20 you would have 10. So for all intents and purposes she would have to depend on her title II seniority which is -1 year from what she had accumulated before. So if she had 10 now she only has 9.

Latest posts