Airline App/flight time/log book Question

eywpilot

Jun 7, 2006
Hello All I am a Newbe to the forum. Could anyone please answer a question ... in attempts to fill out a pilot application, the application form requires SIC + PIC + Dual + Instructor TIME to all be added together. However, this poses a problem as some of the DUAL and PIC are the same time ... as stated in 61.51 - sole manipulator of the controls of an aircraft for which the pilot is rated. Therefore some PIC and DUAL are the same. However, the application wants it to be separated. How can that be? Any suggestions?

Hello All I am a Newbe to the forum. Could anyone please answer a question ... in attempts to fill out a pilot application, the application form requires SIC + PIC + Dual + Instructor TIME to all be added together. However, this poses a problem as some of the DUAL and PIC are the same time ... as stated in 61.51 - sole manipulator of the controls of an aircraft for which the pilot is rated. Therefore some PIC and DUAL are the same. However, the application wants it to be separated. How can that be? Any suggestions?

Hey EYW,
If you ever get this since it's been 6 weeks since you posted it - here goes. Your DUAL - in my opinion - is any flight time in the aircraft, that you are not rated in that aircraft to fly it without an instructor on board. ie. Student Pilot (pre-solo) after that it's not dual! Mult-Engine (pre-check ride) any aircraft intruction after that for a sign-off (high-performance/complex). That's how I see it. So therefore I should have about 40 hours of DUAL - somehow I have 167 in my logbook. Works the same for PIC and Dual Given - Which is which?? Most instructors will say dual given is PIC too!! That's probably the way it is in my logbook from 16 years ago!! So if you separate those two, your future employer should add the Dual Given and the PIC together - or maybe not!
Hope this helps! - BCD

Latest posts