US East Reservations Question

Beagle747

May 8, 2006
Hello all...I'm a long time lurker who just made the move to register and am posting for the first time. Please be gentle!

I have a questions for those who are familiar with the US East reservations system. I will be traveling from SEA - PHL - FCO this week, all on US metal. I booked my trip, however, in two separate reservations. The PHL - FCO leg is on one reservation and the SEA - PHL trip is a separate reservation.

My question is, when I get to the check-in in SEA, will the system automatically recognize that I'm traveling onward to FCO and process my boarding passes and baggage checks accordingly? If anyone out there can shed some light on this I'd be extremely grateful...and so will all those standing behind me in line!

Thanks!

Base answer is no. The system only reads from 1 record at a time. Options are to have reservation rebuild record or have agent at airport do it or handwrite bag tags. Good luck getting a person in overthere res who knows what to do. Also, best not to have tags handwritten if possible.

When you are checking in, just let the agent know (BEFORE THEY CHECK YOU IN), that you have another flight in a separate record and would like to have your bags checked all the way. Give them the info for the PHL-FCO flight so they can put your passport info in that record. They should be able to put an HK segment or sell a segment in your second record so the bag can be checked thru. They should then cancel out that segment and check you in for your boarding card for the SEA-PHL flight in that record so you will have both boarding cards. Do the same thing on the return (although you have to claim your bags in PHL on the return for customs so if it isnt done in FCO, you can use the recheck area right out side of customs to get the bag checked on to SEA and get your boarding card.)

When you are checking in, just let the agent know (BEFORE THEY CHECK YOU IN),
There are no agents available please use the kiosk. But my situation is different...please use the kiosk You should use the kiosk. Please let me talk to an agent. Are you an US1/US2/US3.HUH.Try the kiosk if it doesn't work we will look at it. All customers should try the kiosk first. This is LCC business model. If not lets hire some agents and staff the ticket counter.AGENTS DON'T CHECK YOU IN THE KIOSK DOES