Airline Chief: No (mainline) Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
Airline chief: No sale

PITTSBURGH (Beaver County Times) – US Airways' assets will not be sold out from underneath the employees, their leader assured them Friday.

See Story

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

That is just great!

US Airways CEO David Siegel assured elected and business officials in Pittsburgh on Wednesday that the city and the airline have a bright future together

"We expect to strengthen the hub [in Pittsburgh] over time" -- David Siegel

-PGH Business Times 8/02

What a difference a year and a half makes.

Zero faith here...

Lakefield said this on Friday.

On that same day, the following quote appeared in the 10-Q filed with the SEC:

While the Company’s preference is to complete its transformation on a consensual basis, failure to achieve the above-described competitive cost structure will force the Company to reexamine its strategic options, including but not limited to asset sales or a judicial restructuring.

Now, let's forget the prior whoppers told to the employees:

1. We won't outsource the airbus.
2. The pilots won't lose their pension.
3. We won't come back for more cuts.
4. We'll be in PIT for the long haul.

And consider that the CEO himself along with the CFO is required by law to certify that the 10-Q is correct in all aspects, and thanks to Sarbanes-Oxley, can and will do the perp walk if it's not.

In short, don't believe what you hear on US DAILY or what is posted here as fact, without taking the bigger picture (and reality) into account. Also, don't think that asset sales won't occur in a "judicial restructuring."

ClueByFour said:
Lakefield said this on Friday.

On that same day, the following quote appeared in the 10-Q filed with the SEC:

Now, let's forget the prior whoppers told to the employees:

1. We won't outsource the airbus.
2. The pilots won't lose their pension.
3. We won't come back for more cuts.
4. We'll be in PIT for the long haul.

And consider that the CEO himself along with the CFO is required by law to certify that the 10-Q is correct in all aspects, and thanks to Sarbanes-Oxley, can and will do the perp walk if it's not.

In short, don't believe what you hear on US DAILY or what is posted here as fact, without taking the bigger picture (and reality) into account. Also, don't think that asset sales won't occur in a "judicial restructuring."
Another one, from Ganwal in his employee meetings in PHL and TPA in 1999....where I was present.

"The company isn't for sale." (As him and Wolfie were whoring us to UAL).

:shock:

How can "Christians" support
the Party of the Rich &
the powerful, when
Jesus Christ was
the ally of
the Poor and the Downtrodden ?

Only by IGNORING much of
What JESUS Himself identified as
HIS MOST IMPORTANT TEACHING !

When Christians identify with the Republican Party, they are committed to serving the interests of the rich, the comfortable and the powerful who completely control that party. That party works against Jesus' Liberal teaching in favor of the poor and the downtrodden, and serves the selfishishness and greed of the rich and the power-hungry. Instead of being concerned, as Jesus was, with the sins of people with great power over the lives of others, Republican Conservative Christians are promoting a form of religion that has little to do with what Jesus preached, namely one obsessed with what "little people" do in their private lives. While Jesus was concerned about what people of power did to little people, Republican Christians promote a version of "Christianity" that is obsessed with what ordinary people do with their "private parts". It might well be called "Faith of Our Genitals".
Jesus of Nazareth showed little if any such concerns. Yet today's Republican "Christian Conservatives" claim to speak for Christ on the basis of what they imagine Jesus would say and do about our world today. Since Jesus hasn't spoken on his own behalf for 20 centuries, these people treat Jesus like an inanimate object, a puppet in effect, and they claim to speak for him . That is how the world learned that :

Jesus disapproved for years of organs and pianos (because everybody assumed these instruments had been created by the devil for use in saloons and brothels). :elvis: That's weird

Jesus disapproved of ice cream Sundaes (which is why this popular Sunday treat had to have its name changed). It did? To what? They had ice cream shops? The stuff I don't know!

Jesus disapproved of playing cards, drinking any and all alcoholic beverages, dancing, singing, wearing bathing suits, viewing motion pictures, reading most books. so what did they do?

Jesus disapproved of masturbation. ooops, throws my above idea out the window

Jesus disapproved of family planning or birth-control.
Jesus disapproved of homosexuality.
Jesus disapproved of abortion.
but Jesus didn't condemn slavery, or segregation, because good bible-belt scholars could find passages to use to defend those practices!

Jesus No Republican

Too much! I'm a Jew....Jesus can be anything he wants to be....I give up! Besides, doesn't look like much fun. ;) I don't think he was Republican though

:cop:

I can see where this one is headed. Please feel free to continue the discussion on topic and continue the off thread posts, if you wish, under just conversation.
Thanks.

Fly said:
:shock:

How can "Christians" support
the Party of the Rich &
the powerful, when
Jesus Christ was
the ally of
the Poor and the Downtrodden ?

Only by IGNORING much of
What JESUS Himself identified as
HIS MOST IMPORTANT TEACHING !

When Christians identify with the Republican Party, they are committed to serving the interests of the rich, the comfortable and the powerful who completely control that party. That party works against Jesus' Liberal teaching in favor of the poor and the downtrodden, and serves the selfishishness and greed of the rich and the power-hungry. Instead of being concerned, as Jesus was, with the sins of people with great power over the lives of others, Republican Conservative Christians are promoting a form of religion that has little to do with what Jesus preached, namely one obsessed with what "little people" do in their private lives. While Jesus was concerned about what people of power did to little people, Republican Christians promote a version of "Christianity" that is obsessed with what ordinary people do with their "private parts". It might well be called "Faith of Our Genitals".
Jesus of Nazareth showed little if any such concerns. Yet today's Republican "Christian Conservatives" claim to speak for Christ on the basis of what they imagine Jesus would say and do about our world today. Since Jesus hasn't spoken on his own behalf for 20 centuries, these people treat Jesus like an inanimate object, a puppet in effect, and they claim to speak for him . That is how the world learned that :

Jesus disapproved for years of organs and pianos (because everybody assumed these instruments had been created by the devil for use in saloons and brothels). :elvis: That's weird

Jesus disapproved of ice cream Sundaes (which is why this popular Sunday treat had to have its name changed). It did? To what? They had ice cream shops? The stuff I don't know!

Jesus disapproved of playing cards, drinking any and all alcoholic beverages, dancing, singing, wearing bathing suits, viewing motion pictures, reading most books. so what did they do?

Jesus disapproved of masturbation. ooops, throws my above idea out the window

Jesus disapproved of family planning or birth-control.
Jesus disapproved of homosexuality.
Jesus disapproved of abortion.
but Jesus didn't condemn slavery, or segregation, because good bible-belt scholars could find passages to use to defend those practices!

Jesus No Republican

Too much! I'm a Jew....Jesus can be anything he wants to be....I give up! Besides, doesn't look like much fun. ;) I don't think he was Republican though
All that wasted space!!!! Once again, my trusty pic!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back