Airline Executives Meet

USA320Pilot said:
I find your name calling interesting.
I assume you find the name calling you do (and which, for the record, you started, have done more than once, and failed to correct when brought to your attention on another thread in case you did it by accident) "interesting" as well?

USA320Pilot said:
USA320Pilot comments: I find your name calling interesting,...

...to call names or to say US Airways and its employees do not have control of their destiny is foolish.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Weren't you and avek00 having a good laugh over calling UA the "fallen" Soviet United?? I don't think that US Scareways is any different.

Don't dish out what you can't take buddie. What is this, Kindergarten?

USA320Pilot said:
I understand your concern and if I was in your shoes I would feel the same way.

After all of the cost cuts and the inability to articulate a POR, I would be scared too and probably like you I would have a difficult time with this since your vision appears to be obscured.
I'm sorry to say, USA320pilot, but I'm starting to think you have some very serious personal issues. IMO of course.

I tell you that I am tired of lies and misinformation and out of context statements from you, and from this you conclude that I am concerned and scared for my future???

I'm perplexed. Maybe it's time for professional help.

I haven't lost a moment of sleep about UA's future since the attempt to purchase USAir was killed in 2000/2001. Believe me, aside from the codeshare revenue UA receives, I couldn't think of anything that would make anyone happier than for US to go latch onto some other victim and leave UA alone.

What don't you understand about the fact that you and your sources have no idea what's going on behind United's scene?

What don't you understand about media reports being speculative and not factual?

What don't you understand about the fact that you've been wrong so many times, about so many things, people can't even keep up anymore?

Lucky for you your FAA medical examiner doesn't read this board and know your identity. I feel very sorry for your F/O's.
---------------------------------------------------

To every other US employee:

If there are any First Officers or F/A's who actually know USA320pilot, please PM me. I'd love to chat with you... ;)

Bear96 said:
I assume you find the name calling you do (and which, for the record, you started, have done more than once, and failed to correct when brought to your attention on another thread in case you did it by accident) "interesting" as well?
Just in case anyone missed it, I am referring to USAir320pilot's habit of "accidentally" typing "Untied" instead of "United." It's easy to miss...

USA320Pilot said:
I personally believe Northwest would be a better fit for US Airways because of economics.
Can you please explain / give more detail how NW would be better code-share partner for US as oppossed to UA and the * alliance?

Just within north america, I see the US-NW codeshare being weak in the west coast, the southwest and Canada.
Across the Pacific NW and UA match up nicely, but how's NW's reach into south america and even Europe (if you take out the multiple daily flights from DTW and MSP to AMS their European service is relatively weak).

Furthermore, what are the chances of regulatory approval for a NW-US codeshare? Keep in mind that NW is already tied up with CO and now DL. What is the advantage to NW of dropping CO and DL in favor of US? Or what is the advantage of NW (and CO and DL) trying to persuade the authorities to permit a NW-DL-CO-US code-share agreement?

Unless I'm missing something there is no great benefit of NW-US codeshare for either airline at this time.

And, I'll take this even further - supposse there is some sort of a 'transaction' resembling the AF-KL set up in Europe. Lets look at some of the NW-US hubs: MSP, DTW, PIT. PHL. Can you spot the weakest link? Lets extend this scenario that we have NW-US-CO-DL and look at some of the hubs again: Newark-PHL-CLT-ATL-IAH. Which do you think will be down/right-sized? How is this beneficial to ANY US employees?

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
Unless I'm missing something there is no great benefit of NW-US codeshare for either airline at this time.
Especially since CO and DL would put the stops to it ASAP. NW is not going to dump CO/DL for US. Not in a million years.

It's simple:

United is losing more money than any other carrier to the tune of $8 million per day, which maybe more than Delta.

US Airways is not doing so well too. But, the company has slowed is cash drain to about $1 million per day and is reacting to the changes in the marketplace. Will the company survive? Maybe, maybe not, but with the numbers above and all of United's problems, I believe United is in much deeper trouble than US Airways, which is why I believe the Arlington-based company should seek another partner.

Let's hope US Airways dumps United and has a corporate transaction with another carrier since Dave Siegel says M&A activity is inevitable.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Wow, hang on here. That is one month's results. United lost 250 million in January. That's not good but that is only one month. Let's wait for the quater results especially since those are the numbers you are using to compute USAir and Delta's cash burn. Prices are going up, demand is growing faster than capacity... That is a recipe for success, and unlike USAir, United isn't totally dependant on part of the country- and in a couple of months SWA is going to be bringing their form of love to PHL.

So what I am trying to say here is that your calculations and models are invalid for several reasons. 1) You are using different data from different time frames, 2) We have no winter numbers from USAir [to my knowlegde], 3) The competitive enviroment where USAir operates is about to radically change with the introduction of SWA in Philly.

"United is losing more money than any other carrier to the tune of $8 million per day, which maybe more than Delta."

Nothing like an apples to oranges comparison to make your case. United is operating in bankruptcy with the attendent expenses. Just for reference, during just 2002 U had $294 million in restructuring items. This is almost $60 million a month.

During Jan, UAL had $26 million in reorganization expenses and a $63 million quarterly payment to the IAM (or $21 million a month). Taking out the reorganization expense and averaging out the quarterly IAM payment, the net loss looks more like $6 million a day - not good but better than $8 million. The operating loss came out to about $3-1/3 million a day. Again not good, but considering the size of UAL vs U and our $1 million a day a year after emerging from bankruptcy, I wouldn't be throwing rocks.

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
Let's hope US Airways dumps United and has a corporate transaction with another carrier since Dave Siegel says M&A activity is inevitable.
Nobody but UA wants more than half of US.

Anybody else who is "buying" will simply wait until the collapse and take the pieces.

The exception, of course, is when your colleagues (ALPA) allow Dave and Dave to shrink it to the point when Mesa buys.

Have fun with it.

USA320Pilot said:
USA320Pilot:

I know it's just your opinion, but would you care to make a guess regarding how fast the ATSB would revoke US Airways' loan guarantee due to fraudulent misrepresentation of its revised business plan (only 10 days ago) if the partnership with United and Star Alliance were now to be dropped, as you suggest? Moreover, given US Airways' current financial position, what reasonable circumstance could possibly induce American, Northwest or any other carrier to enter into a "corporate transaction" with US Airways?

Leave it to USA320Pilot to cause a total &hit storm on here. C'mon UAL employees we don't like USA320Pilot's garbage any more than you do. Also I don't think its cool to wish US Airways go out of business because of USA320Pilot's diatribe. Consider the source and FEEL SORRY FOR US because we have to work with USA320Pilot.

Cosmo:

Cosmo asked: I know it's just your opinion, but would you care to make a guess regarding how fast the ATSB would revoke US Airways' loan guarantee due to fraudulent misrepresentation of its revised business plan (only 10 days ago) if the partnership with United and Star Alliance were now to be dropped, as you suggest? Moreover, given US Airways' current financial position, what reasonable circumstance could possibly induce American, Northwest or any other carrier to enter into a "corporate transaction" with US Airways?

USA320Pilot answers: The ATSB could care less if US Airways has a code share agreement with United or not. The ATSB only cares if the company produces a profit. By the way, I understand other major airlines have contacted Morgan Stanley about a deal. Will it occur? Maybe, maybe not, but it's being discussed.

Moreover, informed sources speaking on the condition of anonymity said that US Airways, Northwest, and Continental reached a code share agreement last year and the final paperwork was provided to Crystal City, but for some reason at the last moment Dave Siegel elected to sign a deal with United, which now appears to be a huge mistake.

Dave Siegel is letting it be known in the terminal, on the jump seat, in email messages, with news media leaks, and in speeches that US Airways will be involved in a corporate transaction. After studying this man for two years this is how he always acts, thus, a deal for US Airways is on the horizon. I believe one will be announced after new labor accords are obtained.

However, in my opinion, United is on the brink of oblivion, therefore, I believe it would be better for US Airways to find a replacement business partner.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Latest posts